logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
J
I'm in the UK and helmets are compulsory. I have been round farm land on rallies and that sort of thing without one though.

A few years ago I was thrown when a car pulled out at a junction and landed on my face and upper body. My full face was wrecked but apart from sore I was fine.

I wouldn't ride without a lid now.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Good thing you were wearing a helmet then, anyway!!

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
My cousin had a finace that was killed in a motorcylce accident. From what I remember, he was going down the road on a motorcycle and a car backed out of someplace and threw him off the bike.

He died from a bodily injury - not a head injury - cannot remember what part of the body it was now.....but all in all - I would rather see people wearing helmets.

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Robin

Thanks for your response. I am safety first always. Funny, as you grow older safety is more important because you are certain you have less time. smile

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Juniper

Thanks for the testimonial. Boy were you lucky. Not only could you have been killed but also disfigured.

F
Gecko
Gecko
F
"My helmet blocks my view. When I was writing about them I learned the vision problem may be because the helmet is not a proper fit."

SSheriAnn you recognized your own problem and thereby stole my thunder - yes, there are only three reasons a helmet would block your view - it is poorly made, it is worn improperly, or as you note, it is poorly fitted.

"I recently learned about the Snell helmet and am going to look at them."

Snell is a rating organization, not a helmet manufacturer. many different helmets are Snell rated.

F
Gecko
Gecko
F
"To keep cool, I take wear a couple of thin t-shirts and keep them doused in water."

Nancy,

This may be the first time I have said this about the concept of women in wet t-shirts but YUCK.

A couple of wet t-shirts under your leather? Yup, yuck again.

F
Gecko
Gecko
F
" I've never used a full-face helmet before... I would think that those would, but possibly not"

Froggie, you may have noticed that all motorcycle racers wear full face helmets. Do you think having unrestricted vision might be important to them?

Again, a properly made, properly fitted, properly worn, full face helmet will not restrict one's vision.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Yup definitely we go with full face and leather gear, we like our bodies with all their parts smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Frank

you are the first to say that. Anyway, I use them with a perfed leather jacket and when I get to where I am going I change. Funny, but a male that has been riding for about 40 years told me about this.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.