Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I loved London but it is indeed VERY expensive. When we landed and handed over $100 (American) and received 50 pounds we knew we were in trouble! The good thing is we stayed with a friend so we didn't have to rent a hotel or eat out a lot but it was still pricey.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
Lol London can be great - and it can be awful. I've lived in it for 20 years so I should know.

Once you've lived in London for more than two years you're a Londoner.

Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Allison_PCAdvice
I loved London but it is indeed VERY expensive. When we landed and handed over $100 (American) and received 50 pounds we knew we were in trouble! The good thing is we stayed with a friend so we didn't have to rent a hotel or eat out a lot but it was still pricey.

You are lucky, Allison! It is great that you had a friend to stay with. When did you visit London? Any pics?

Heather J. Hasan
Chinese Culture Editor & CC Forum Moderator
E
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
E
Yep, it is expensive. Unfortuanatly the Dollor is often quite a lot less worth than pound sterling. Hopefully it wil improve. But London is very expensive anyway. It is worth looking around for hotels etc, before you come.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
What do I love about London? Just being there.... I've only been to England 3 times. It's a major trip for us Aussies and very costly. We see the English shows and news and the royal family (since we're still part of the Commonwealth) and other celebreties are all over our magazines and newspapers. So England still very much features in our psyche.

To get to London... imagine a 50+ year old woman with a smile breaking her face in two, jumping up and down stamping on the ground, pinching herself to make sure she really is on the soil of England.

We always stay at Thistle Victoria (Victoria Station) and then we can get anywhere either by walking, bus or train very easily. We just love to walk to the Thames, the eye and houses of parliament and Buckingham Palace. We've even walked from there to Oxford Street, Leicester Square, the British Museum and Library. It's even exciting to take a double decker red bus... but we prefer the really old ones to the new ones (but that's a tourist for you!)

I'm scared of heights but nothing was going to stop me from going on the eye for those fabulous views. The first time we were there after the eye opened it was closed the week we were there fore maintainance. We made sure we went on it last time.

Last edited by Felicity Deafness; 03/17/08 03:31 PM.

Felicity
Deafness
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
My son went there last summer for a 2 week vacation, the pictures he took are so beautiful. he had such a great time. he said there is so much to see and do,

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Oh you are right. There is just so much to see and do in London. We lived in Sydney for a year and every weekend we went sightseeing. We got around to most places. We reckon to see all of London in the same way we'd have to live there for 10 years.

Felicity
Deafness
Shark
Shark
I loved the British Museum and Westminster Abbey. I loved the English accents. I loved the horse crossing signs near Buckingham Palace.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Heather - Chinese Culture
You are lucky, Allison! It is great that you had a friend to stay with. When did you visit London? Any pics?

We went (myself and my fiance) almost four years ago as part of a whirlwind trip - in two weeks we visited France, Belgium, Holland and England! I was tired when we got home!

I have some great photos of London and areas outside of London. I will post some links tomorrow.

Elephant
Elephant
i love the architecture, the museums, the art, the city life and seeming free wheeling society where you can have jet black spikey hair with hot pink bangs

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Sarah - English Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.