Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That's a very good idea Frieda! I bet that would work.

I imagine too that your hands "strengthen" and get used to bearing your weight. Just like it would be hard to walk on your hands at first but then once you got used to it your hands would do better with it.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Jill,
Try putting more of your weight on the base of your fingers and the fingers themselves, to even up the stress on your hands. It sounds like you are putting all the weight on the heels of your hands and that is not good for your wrists.
Namaste!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Those are great ideas. I will try rolling up the mat under my hands and try to put more weight on my fingers. Mainly I don't want to stress out my wrist joints.

yes, i am hoping the weight bearing gets more comfortable. that makes sense - some of those more complex yoga poses are all on the hands.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Oh, and Dan and I just did the rejuvenating session, 30 minutes. It was weird - it was really just lying on the floor, and then lying against the wall. It didn't feel like yoga so much as meditation.

Although it was nice and all, and I can see where I might use that after a stressed out day, I think I need to go do one of the other ones now, one that feels yoga-like. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 04/09/08 11:41 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes definitely that is the "bottom session" right? That was very much just relaxing and peaceful, like meditation. But yes I agree, when you're in the mood for something more stretchy and active, that one is a little TOO stationary smile

It seems great for end of the day, when you're wound up, a way to relax again.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I did end up doing 20 minutes of yoga after that, from memory - poses I liked in a routine that seemed to make sense to me. I will have to write down this sequence and memorize it - it felt very right.

Yes, Dan really liked that one. But he is better at stillness than I am. It was a bit odd that this one was chopped up into parts, and not seamless like the routines in the Basics Sessions.

It wasn't the Quieting one but the one called Rejuvenating. My guess is the idea is when you've been cramped up at the computer all day or just get home all [censored] from various frustrations, that's the one to do.

Maybe I should try it in the morning sometime, since I am pretty much a zombie for several hours upon wakening. It might be a help to try that gentle type of session just then, before my decaf coffee.

Last edited by Jilly; 04/10/08 07:59 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
You'll actually find that with all the "sessions" one - that they are in essence parts put together. I think mostly because the quieting ending part is pretty much the same for all of them. At first it struck me as odd but actually now I like it because it means you get to know the sequence for all of the "endings" and don't have to think about how they're different from each other.

Tonight I was going to do the "basics" but then I thought "heck let me try something else" and I went for the energizing one. I felt a little trepidation but hit the play button. Then I swear the very first words she says is "Let us start with Sun Salutations" and I am like "Good God Almighty!!!!" in my mind not out loud smile

And then during one of the Downward Facing Dogs (which I have trouble with) my wrist gave this sharp pain which let loose another word in my mind smile But I made it through that. I really need to build up my arm strength. They just shake like crazy in those poses.

Which I suppose means it was good I went through that ...

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I have found that the only way I can get Dan to do these with me is to pick the shorter ones. the 30 minutes seated hip openers is about the longest he can take. So i have been mixing and matching from the shorter ones. I really like doing the Back Extensions and Standing Poses together.

I am just so pleased he is joining me for these that I cannot complain. smile

I think I will do the Quieting one tomorrow. I watched it a few days ago, and it seems very like a combo of several other sessions.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa, I am not sure that feeling a sharp pain in your wrist is a good thing. Everything I am reading about Yoga says you are not going for the Pain. It should be about trying to relax into each pose and breathing into it, I think. That pain is counter-productive?

maybe someone more experienced can pipe in here? smile

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Oh right definitely I realize the pain is not good smile It's happened twice now, both during the downward facing dog pose. I use my wrists a TON when I type all day and know completely that they are in bad shape. I try my best with ergonomic positioning and special rests and such - but really the solution is to not type as much. Also, I need to build up their strength.

So I am trying to work on the poses that let me build up their strength - but both times it went from "fine" to "sharp pain" right away, no warning sign. So I am avoiding those poses for now until I can get my wrists a little more strong.

Also I am really trying not to computer 24x7 all day long without a break. I am trying to deliberately work in breaks. It's very hard for me, I want to be on the computer pretty much non stop because of the volume of projects I have set up. Even my "mental breaks" are here in the forum right now which isn't helping my wrists smile So I have to give myself a mental *and* physical break occasionally.

Low Carb Forum
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.