Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I think it would have been more powerful if we saw it from the beginning to see their starting shapes and to wonder what they would look like if they did lose the weight. So we'll try to watch the next season from the beginning! But we will watch the recording tonight when he gets back from darts smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
Isn't tonight when they get makeovers?

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
yes they get makeovers! the BEST part!

also, lisa, you do get lots and lots of flashbacks to how they looked at first as each episode goes.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OK we saw it. I think it would have made more sense if we watched from the beginning and understood the teams and relationships and such, but it was still interesting to watch. I wish they showed more about what they ate and their exercises. Instead of little snippets of "people drink mystery beverage" I think as they weigh someone they should have a sidebar with their exercise for the week and menu for the week so we got a sense of what they did to get that 3 pounds or 10 pounds or whatever.

Also the one-a-day product placement was a bit extreme smile

That being said, I did have tears when the made-over contestants were on the runway and suddenly saw their spouse and were crying smile It was very impressive that they have made so much progress.

And I was really tempted to have low carb ice cream while watching, but I had yogurt instead (which is really yummy so it really wasn't a "sacrifice") and I'm back down 2 pounds today!! So maybe it did help smile

So we do have this set to record each week and I think we'll keep watching it.

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
This was a GREAT episode!!! My favorite yet. But then I have been watching all season. I definitely cried quite a lot in this one. I was sad for Maggie.I mean, it's really down to the end with this group. It's sad to see them have to leave.

And I totally cried with the makeovers, with them seeing their loved ones. I was so happy for them - they looked beautiful. Even the men.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yes it is really impressive how they look. I just have to say the "musician" reminds me so much of the ex-boyfriend of my sister who I REALLY did not like so it's hard to feel encouraging about him though smile

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
The walking backwards treadmill over the pool thing was pretty wild too. Mark and Ali really hung in there.

It would be such a landmark if a girl won the biggest loser this time. Ali just has to stay above the yellow line. I hope she and Kelly can stay on the show for as long as possible.

My guess is Jay will not make the final three, and neither will poor Kelly. It will be down to Dan, Ali and Roger, probably, as Jay and Mark never really pull big numbers.

Last edited by Jilly; 03/22/08 01:23 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Their legs must have been in agony by the end of that!!

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Does anyone think a girl will ever win? Or is the situation stacked against women as a rule?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I don't think that the situation is stacked against them, maybe it's a semantics thing. But I think the situation is extremely fair. But I think in general that women don't gain as much weight as men do for all sorts of reasons - women tend to be more image-conscious, men tend to be taller so they can carry more weight, women tend to have support networks that are more likely to help them stay active etc. etc. So if anything I think men tend to be more in need of help. If I had to guess about total weight averages in the US I think men will always have higher total weight averages. I don't think that's a matter of "fair" or "unfair", it's just the way things all work out.

I guess I don't think winning is that important in the end smile I think they have had life changing experiences and that is far more important than any money they could get or not get.

But to answer the actual question you asked, I do think eventually a super-determined female will get on the show who will push herself enough to win.

Low Carb Forum
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.