Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#382281 02/27/08 12:01 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I had a ghost dream last night. Now I believe the dream I had last night was really a symbolic dream, but I've also had dreams where I feel like I'm being visited by a real ghost.

Anyone else ever have ghost dreams?

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I have had several dreams where a loved one from the past, long passed on, has revisited me to give me an important message and I never ignore their messages for they have always pointed me in the right direction.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Let me start out by saying this has never happened to me before!

I had a dream two nights ago about a fiery truck accident on a highway near where I live. The night we went to sleep, the weather was uneventful, warmer. It felt like I was being communicated with more than a dream really. I was able to see the injuries because the coroner bags were clear and I remember hearing static from all the cell phones calling in the accident.

I shared the dream with my fiance the next morning. When we went to the window it was like a winter wonderland! We both looked at eachother in silence but he got to work without incident, thank goodness smile

By night the roads were cleared but he was 2-hrs late. He finally phoned and said there was a major accident 2 towns over on the highway and he was stuck. He couldn't see the vehicles though but he could see 9 police cars and a bunch of rescue trucks.

So, if that wasn't wierd enough this morning around 4 am I woke straight up in bed and was someone else. All I said was, "I have a head injury. I'll be o.k." I don't know if anyone has ever had a concussion but it felt like that, not a headache but a buzzing blow with some sharp topical pain.

It only lasted a few seconds, but I couldn't go back to sleep. It freaked me out.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Parakeet
Parakeet
So, Karen are you a clairvoyant yourself? Your dream sounds like a true clairvoyant dream!

I've had many lucid dreams that ended up manifesting in the "real" world. I don't think I've ever had a ghost dream though!

Shay

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi Shay

Yes, it's been that way since I can remember. It was terrifying growing up. Lucid was the word I was looking for when I was writing the last post. That's how I can tell the differnce between the dreams that I do have. I've only started talking about it in the past 4 yrs. here on Bella. It was hard is all I can say. I'd look at the articles and just shake my head like, "If anyone else were to read this..." and of course i knew they would be. T.v series make it look so neat and there are some cool aspects but, hmmmmm

The spirit/ghost dreams have personalities, I guess you'd say, like the rest of us smile but it's kind of like, "o.k. now what do you guys want me to do what you just showed me." The hardest part is just waiting and pushing them out and getting on w/everyday business, you know?

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Shark
Shark
Hi Deanna,

What do you mean by a ghost dream? Is it a dream of someone who is dead or did it feel like a scary, haunting presence? I think it sounds like you mean a dream of someone who has died.

I think dreams are usually symbolic, however, I do believe in 'visitations'. I had one such dream (visitation) several years ago. I've had other dreams of seeing people who have died or talking to them in dreams, but the visitation dream had a completely different feeling, tone, and even the subject matter was very different.

I think that it is up to the dreamer to decide what these dreams are for herself. I think that one knows best about one's dreams. I think that we all, myself included, need help interpreting our dreams sometimes because we're often so close to the situation we can't see it clearly. But I think that if one feels like one had a visit from someone on the other side, one should trust that feeling.

I think it is often difficult for people to trust their own instincts. I read tarot cards and for people and I cannot tell you how many times I hear, "That's what I've been thinking" or "I thought that's what was going on". I think many people have incredible intuitive instincts but our culture either doesn't place much value on them or doesn't teach people to develop and trust their so many people don't trust what they already know.

Of course, I don't mean you, Deanna! You've got plenty intuition and trust of it going on!

Shark
Shark
Hi Karen,

Headaches or a buzzing feeling can be related to OBE's or lucid dreaming.

Have you ever considered (and you probably have grin) that you may be travelling astrally? When you say you are lucid, do you have any control over the dreams or are you just aware that you are dreaming? An interesting thing that happens to me is that normally when I have a lucid dream it occurs as the result of a nightmare. I believe this is because when I have nightmares I become more aware that I am dreaming and need to wake myself up. However, sometimes before I reach waking life I wake up in the dream instead and those are the dreams that are just amazing! Being awake in a world without limits is unbelievable. I'm wondering if something similar is happening to you -- that perhaps your dreams are really trying to wake you up.

What I'm getting at here is that if you can become more aware in your dream you can take control over it and perhaps then it won't be quite so frightening.

However, this doesn't mean I don't believe in prophetic dreams. I do because I've had them. An interesting thing about prophecy though is that in the original meaning of the word, prophecy meant that something happened because the prophet made it happen. In other words, it was actually the prophet, by virtue of her power of words who brought events into being. In fact, there used to be a custom of "ducking" if a prophet hurled a curse at you with the hope that the words would fly over your head.

I think that learning to become more aware in dreams is a part of learning to become more aware in waking life.

Last edited by Aisling Dream Girl; 02/27/08 06:50 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Aisling,

This particular dream was a scary, haunting presence. And I do believe it was a symbolic dream, considering everything that's going on in my personal life wink

I have had dreams where I was visited by a spirit, or even an angel, and they do have a totally different feel.

I do agree that it's sometimes hard for people to trust their own instincts. I have a problem in that area, especially where the message is particularly good LOL. I had a dream once that an angel visited with me... the feeling of the dream was SOOO different than a normal dream. Even the colors were different. And I had a hard time believing that it could be more than a dream.

What great learning experiences dreams are!!! We are SOOOO lucky!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Wow, I have never had a lucid dream. It sounds amazing yet a little scray at the same time.

I have a few dreams where my father has visited me in, he passed awat when I was 15.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Shark
Shark
Hi Deanna,

Here's a link to a ghost article I wrote that may or may not be helpful:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.