Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#380568 02/24/08 01:48 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hope you don't mind me asking...

I always love to discuss Lost theories with other fans.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Feel free, Melissa -- ask away! I personally am not a fan of the show but I know that there are a lot of others out there. If you don't find any takers on this forum, you may want to try the Drama TV or Sci-Fi TV forums.

Dani Sanders, Prime Time TV Ed.
Prime Time TV Website
Prime Time TV Forum
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Sure! Discuss anything!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
YES! A Lost Fan is here!

I enjoy the show so much, but find that after I've watched it, I can't really explain it to anyone very well. It has gotten so complicated.

Though I did have a client show up for a massage a few weeks ago (I'm a massage therapist). She barely walks in the door and she practically yells at me "DID YOU SEE LOST LAST NIGHT?" It was when it first came back after the holidays.

I just take a step back and say "yes." So, then she wants me to spend the whole time I'm massaging her filling her in on what happened in the episode HA HA! I did manage.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
LOL. I can't imaginge really trying to explain it to someone who doesn't know about it already - especially with the newest layer. This season seems to really make the least sense and that is just the way I like it. The first season seemed to be all about how they were going to survive and make a community on the island. The second was about the hatch and the third about the others. Now - well apparently the "not penny's ship" people and the flash forwards. I just love trying to figure things out and notice all the little details.

Any amazing theories, anyone?

Melissa

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
My hubby has a theory that it's all in Hurley's imagination LOL.

The flash forwards are totally confusing me.

Spoiler coming... look away look away

When Kate picked up her little baby, and called him Aaron I was shocked. Does this mean that something will happen to Aaron's mum? I hope not - I really like her.

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Tiger
Tiger
I thought it was going to be Sawyer's baby so was shocked. Especially since, Kate left Jack with "I know why you don't want to see the baby."

It definitely has it's confusing moments. I couldn't imagine trying to explain it. I try to explain an episode to DH and his eyes glaze over.

Six people from the crash get off the island. So far we know of

Sahid
Kate
Jack
Aaron
Hurley

That leaves one more. Any ideas who it will be?

From the first episode (this season) when Jack was running around saying they must go back. I've been thinking everyone is still alive, just trapped on the island.

Any theories on why Locke hasn't been able to see Walt or the Cabin dude again?

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I think that the reason why Jack wouldn't want to see the baby is - remember- Aaron is his nephew because Claire is his half sister. He probably finds htis out sometime this season....

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
As for Locke, he goes in and out of touch with the Island, per se. If we were to go back and look at all the times he loses touch with the island, I bet we could figure out why he isn't getting any direction. In my opinion, I think it is because he made Sawyer kill his father instead of taking care of it himself. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
And remember when Jack went to that funeral and was really upset. But when asked if he was friend or family, he said "neither."

Could have have been the sixth person???

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Melissa -teen editor
I think that the reason why Jack wouldn't want to see the baby is - remember- Aaron is his nephew because Claire is his half sister. He probably finds htis out sometime this season....

Okay, wait!!! I've seen every episode, and I don't remember Claire being Jack's half sister??

Ugh! Now I'm going to have to rent the DVDs and start over LOL.

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I'm so LOST!

Deanna Joseph

Tiger
Tiger
I think that the reason why Jack wouldn't want to see the baby is - remember- Aaron is his nephew because Claire is his half sister. He probably finds this out sometime this season....

Ok, I don't remember this either.

I had forgotten about the funeral at the beginning.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I never watched it is it scary, i like scary

Rosie L
Tiger
Tiger
I do find it scary some times. But I think it's more of a mystery. It should almost be called Mystery Island instead of Lost. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
It's filled with intrigue, and a bit of nail biting (on my part).

Deanna Joseph

sounds good I'll catch it next time its on , thanks

Rosie L
Tiger
Tiger
I think it's really something that should be seen from the beginning. Otherwise your 'lost'. hehe Maybe try a rental.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Why I think it's Kate's baby.

She decides to leave the island... Wouldn't she consider staying because she knows she "wanted."

How she reacts to Sawyer when he's way too relieved when she says she's not pregnant.

Her mom calls the child her grandson. If Kate would have had the baby on the island, she would have had to be way pregnant before the plane crash.

Deanna Joseph

Tiger
Tiger
So is this the last season or are they going to toy with us and extend it another year? I hope this is it. I want closure when it's still going strong.

So did they change nights for any of you out there? It has always been on Wednesday nights and this season they switched it to Thursday.

I was a huge LOST fan till last season, then I lost track of it. I tried to watch it last night and I was totally lost! What is going on? Have they been rescued? I saw Kate and the doctor in the courtroom - what is that all about. I don't watch TV much, but that was my favorite show for its first two seasons.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Tiger
Tiger
You know, so much has happened since then and there are so many different story lines and tidbits and weirdness to explain it. They are flipping back and forth quite regularly from being rescued and not being rescued so I can see how someone would be lost if they haven't watched every episode.

Here's the episode guide from iMdB
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Thanks, Moe - I'll check that out.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
I use to watch Lost, but got tired of the constant flipping and retelling of the the stories for the tenth time from someone else's point of view. Okay, so maybe I am exaggerating just a little. When I stopped watching I told my husband that I didn't have time to watch the same thing for the first half from someone els'e point of view to then be given just a tiny piece of new information at the end to make me come back.

My husband still watches them, and right now Lost is really the only show on TV that he can't miss, Thank goodness for DVR!

Anyway, before we would wait for the whole season to come out on DVD and then watch it all at one time, I think it helped make more sense of the show.

But since the writer's strike, and they decided not to air 24 until next season, my husband has started watching Lost live, or prerecordeed on the DVR.

So, I guess to each his own!

But maybe renting the whole season might help you!

Marci Ann Peterson
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Yeah, Jack's father had a one night stand with Claire's mother - there are two episodes that explain this. One is from the very first season when his father goes to visit Claire in Australia right before he dies (we don't know why at this point) and the other is from season 3 in which after Claire crashes the car which leaves her mother in a vegetative state her father (Jack's father) steps forward to pay all the bills and suggests that she take her mother off life support. She says that she doesn't want to know his name at this time, but we all know that it is Jack's father.

And while Jacks's father is dead, I think this will come out in future seasons because Hurley saw Jack's father in Jacobs cabin at the beginning of this season.

(I'm a little obessessed as you can tell - - not many shows are really mystreious for me because I figure things out too quickly and so have really enjoyed Lost remaining mysterious).

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Also - the producers have a contract for six seasons for this show and have promised that, by the end, everything will be explained. Since we are on the fourth (and have started flash-fowards which is fascinating), we have two more to go.

I just hope they can keep it up.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I have a theory after this past Desmond episode....

Anyone wanna hear it?

Tiger
Tiger
Yeah, Jack's father had a one night stand with Claire's mother - there are two episodes that explain this. One is from the very first season when his father goes to visit Claire in Australia right before he dies (we don't know why at this point) and the other is from season 3 in which after Claire crashes the car which leaves her mother in a vegetative state her father (Jack's father) steps forward to pay all the bills and suggests that she take her mother off life support. She says that she doesn't want to know his name at this time, but we all know that it is Jack's father.

And while Jacks's father is dead, I think this will come out in future seasons because Hurley saw Jack's father in Jacobs cabin at the beginning of this season.

(I'm a little obessessed as you can tell - - not many shows are really mystreious for me because I figure things out too quickly and so have really enjoyed Lost remaining mysterious).

Now that you explain this I can picture it. Yes, I want to hear your theory! smile

Tiger
Tiger
I really like Desmond's character and was biting my fingers for the whole episode worried they were going to kill him off. It felt so good to finally have him talk with Penny. A little bit of closure in some way.

Who do you think is Ben's inside man on the ship? At first I thought it was the communications guy but then he died. Now, I'm guessing it's the Doctor since Ben seems to have a thing/use for medical professionals.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
smile Yay! Someone wants to hear my theory!

(BTW - I think Ben's "inside man" is Michael...just a thought I had since I know he is coming back this season)

Anyway, I think that the Desmond storyline is really taking us down a path in which the entire island fluctuates within the time continuum (obviously). And this is fascinating to me as a writer because it means that the flashbacks and now flash-forwards are not, in fact just plot devices but actual events happening to the characters. I always noticed that the characters get this little loopy/glazed look in their eyes either before or after a flashback/forward and I think that is because they are all slightly "unstuck" in time. I think that the plane crash and ultimately the destruction of the hatch created enough explosive energy and radiation to affect them all and that they are literally jumping back and forth in time. Some seem to be more unstuck than others - Desmond but also Locke and Hurley. This also makes room for Charlie's statement "I am dead but I am also here." I think that dead characters are still jumping in and out of time but cannot affect it since it has been stated in a few episodes that a premise of this series is "predestination" - things that are to be cannot be changed.

I have been hatching this theory since the first Desmond episode in season 3 and this last one really firmed it up for me. It also explains why you can hear voices in the background during certain scenes, Jacob asking for "help", the injections that Desmond was taking to ward off "the sickness", why women who are pregnant die (if embryos were to jump back in time, things couldn't be good, right? On the other hand, I was also hatching a theory that Ben actually causes this from his own trauma and his obvious latent psychic abilities) the crazy French woman's shipmates going crazy, why Walt is older, and the weird rabbit experiment done by Dharma. Things on the island eventually become affected and jump through time and, without a constant, can become totally unstuck in time and not be able to return.

Okay, this post has gotten really long. Sorry. Thanks for asking, though. smile

Melissa

ps - The communications guy was a fun special guest star - did anyone here every watch "Early Edition" with the cat who brings the newspaper from the future? My family used to always watch that show and this actor was one of our favorite characters on it.

Tiger
Tiger
That was excellent Melissa. I totally find that plausible. I guess they have two more years to make you change your theory. I have absolutely no theory but I like hearing(reading)others. I'm just along for the ride. But you have me wanting to start them over again. I may have to see if Zip has them so I can rent them this summer.

I think Fisher Stevens has been around for ever. I was surprised it was such a short role. I remember him best I guess from playing small supporting roles in movies.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Melissa,

Thanks for that! Those are some great ideas, and thanks for the reminder about Claire and Jack's Dad. I'd totally forgotten about those episodes, but remembered them when you brought them up.

I like your theories of the time continuum issue. I was so bummed when that brother and sister got killed off at the beginning of the show. I can't remember their names now, but Sayid was in love with the girl, and the brother was in love with her too (they were steps folks, not biological smile )

Remember Hurley's little "almost" romance with that blonde gal? Remember she was actually in the mental institution where he was staying? I thought for sure she was going to play a pivotal character in the show for him. I was bummed when she and that police officer were killed off. Hmmm...

So do you think when they are rescued, they will come out and it will current time, rather than the 4 or 5 months later that they've experienced?

The show is so complicated!

Deanna Joseph

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Yup, I remember those people. Shannon and Boone were the brother and sister and some people report that they can see Shannon's ghost in some scenes in the background such as the season finale for the third season at the very end. And Boone is like Locke's totem which is interesting. Also - Charlie is in Desmond's flashbacks and Hurley's flashforwards. And some people think that perhaps Hurley's "flashback" to the mental institution might actually be a flash forward in which we see Libby. (Fun fact - the only reason why they killed off Libby is because they wanted a really emotional season finale and the producers polled the audience and found out that no one liked Ana Lucia enough for her death to be emotional enough. I find that kinda funny since I never liked her character either). Anyway, I think it is interesting that, although these characters are dead, we still see them. It also might just be my hope that Charlie isn't actually dead because I was SO MAD when they killed him!

Good point about what time they will arrive after the rescue - I hadn't thought about that. That makes an interesting little caveat...

Tiger
Tiger
I hated all the deaths even Lucia's. I think that actress gets killed off in everything she does. I balled when charlie died though, i mean he isn't just charlie, he's a hobbit. frown

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
ROFL - re: Charlie. My feelings exactly! You can't kill a hobbit! It's just not right! Not even Sauron, lord of darkness does that!

Not to mention - didn't it seem a little contrived? After all, couldn't he have just run out of the room and closed the door?

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I agree about Charlie... He was a hero, and WHY couldn't he have just run out? He saw it coming --- we ALL did!

Melissa, I didn't know that about seeing Shannon's ghost in different episodes? Man!! Now I'm going to have to rent them from the beginning :::Sigh:::

Deanna Joseph

Tiger
Tiger
He still need to push the button and talk to penny didn't he? I forget the order. And he new he was suppose to die.

I remember seeing shannon's ghost a few times. I looked at future shop last nnight and they want $59 per season so that ain't going to happen. I'll have to check ebay.

I
Shark
Shark
I
hi everyone! i'm a total Lostie! from what i've heard hear is the bacis run-down for seasons 4-6

4- we find out how the oceanic 6 get off the island
5- why they need to go back
6- what happens when they go back

i got that from an interview with the shows creators. they also said that there is a scientific explanation for what is going on. last night i made my hubby watch the show with me. he likes it too although i keep having to explain thing to him b/c he hasn;t watched it from the beginning. anyway, he's a physicist so i asked him what he thinks is going on. he said that it's possible that the island has magnetic qualities which could've just been from certain things growing on the island. the magnetic pull if it's very very strong could cause time to shift back and forth and cause other weird things. he said those kinds of things happen in space for ex. time there doesn't necessarily move in one direction. he also said that the magnetic pull would've caused the plane to pull apart in two directions just like they showed it doing last night. i dont' know if he's right but i thought it was an interesting theory. i'm really into this show and every week i enjoy it more and more.

from last week i knew that penny's father had something to do with the island. i'm not sure what. does anyone have any theories about that?

indigo

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Indigo,

I have no theories LOL. But that's interesting what your hubby said, about in space there are the time shifts. Interesting stuff.

Deanna Joseph

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Penny's father bought the log from the "Black Rock" - the old slaving ship that is wrecked on the island (the one where they get the dynamite). This is shown in Desmond's latest episode during the auction scene. I would assume that the log tells about the island and where it is. They said at the auction that no one had ever read it before. I would also assume that either (a) Penny's father just wants to "discover" it and claim it as his own to make more money or (b) financed the Dharma initiative and wants to recoup his money from Ben for killing everyone. I guess I am assuming it is his boat, too. The "not penny's boat" -

I
Shark
Shark
I
i agree with you. i caught that too in the episode. it could also be in the flashforward a few weeks back b/w ben and sayid where ben was saying that someone would be really upset if the found out about the oceanic 6 that he was referring to him.i'm really curious who the other survivor will be and if aaron is claire's baby who survived or if kate really had a baby off the island.i tend to think it's the former but i still dont' understand why jack was so reluctant to see the baby.

indigo

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I am pretty sure that Aaron is Claire's baby. Just from a writer's standpoint, Claire doesn't really have much of a storyline and so killing her off makes the most sense right now. Also - Jack wouldn't want to see Aaron because he is his nephew. Claire is his half-sister from his father's one-night stand with Claire's mother in Australia. And the producers have already said that this will be revealed this season to Jack. So, I am assuming that Jack isn't going to be too happy about it or else will feel guilty for Claire dying.

Just my thought...

I have to say that the episode with Sayid really threw me. What could happen to cause him to work for Ben? And being a hit-man nonetheless. Very interesting..

I
Shark
Shark
I
yes i definitely agree. from what i can tell ben is really not a person i would expect sayid to work with.

that would make perfect sense about why jake wouldn't want to see aaron. i wonder though how aaron gets off the island with kate? and why kate decides to even take aaron with her?

i have to day that i'm really getting irritated with the way locke is so affected by everything ben says. i wish locke would tell ben off already.locke used to be such a strong char. and he still is but not when he interacts with ben. it's annoying to me how easily ben can push locke's buttons.

rai

Tiger
Tiger
I don't think it's Ben, I think it's ben's twin brother giving Sahid orders. smile

Also, why have you decided that Clair has died? She could just be still back on the island with the others.

I agree, Locke was an excellent character and now he really seems to be manipulated by Ben.

They sure are taking their sweet time showing Michael as the informant on the ship.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Ben's twin brother - haha! That really would give away Lost's soap-opera roots!

And I suppose you are right - Claire doesn't necessarily have to be dead. She could just have been left on the island.

I am trying to figure out Ben in relation to most of the characters - not just Locke. They all find him imposing, but wouldn't he just be really easy to kill off. After all - how many times has he already been beat up? I swear that poor actor probably nevers gets out of the make-up chair. I mean, he isn't exactly too scary in a fist-fight. And since the Others are pretty much fed up with him, what is the hold he has over other people? What power does he have? For example, with Juliet in the last episide. She obviously fears him - but why? Because he ordered Goodwin to do something that would lead to his death and Goodwin did it? And why did the Others follow him to begin with? I guess I just don't get how he still has so much power - and how did he get orders to Juliet when he was locked up?

Any guesses?

I
Shark
Shark
I
you have me stumped on that one. maybe he has some ability we don't yet know about. he's not really that much of an imposing char. so i really don't know.

how do you know that michael is the imformat? did i miss something in one of the ep. ? that would be quite interesting and would make sense. where would walt be though?

oh ques.,ques., ques.!

i love how it keeps you guessing!

rai

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
So I am totally confused about last night's episode. Anyone have any ideas about what is going on with Jin and Sun in the future?

I
Shark
Shark
I
in my opinion Jin doesn't make it off the island or is killed soon after.i noticed that when Sun and Hurly went to the cemetary the date of death on Jin's grave was 2004. that makes me think that he didn't survive. since two weeks ago it was dec. 24th and it seems to move in "real time" on the show i really think he doesn't make it. the part where Jin goes to the hospital with the panda is a flashback not a flashforward as opposed to when Sun goes into labor. also i believe that Sun is the last of the Oceanic 6 the others being,
Jack,Kate, Aaron,Hurley,Sayid, and Sun.

i was so sad that Jin didn't survive b/c it was so touching the scene on the island when he decides to forgive her.

i'm really curious as to what happened to Walt. we know that Michael is on that ship but where is Walt?

i know have my hubby watching the show with me. he hasn't watched it from the beginning so i have to explain a lot but it helps to talk about what the heck is going on with him. sometimes i watch parts of the show twice just so i can see if i catch something else.

rai

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
UGH! The last show was so confusing.... I really wanted Jin to survive!!! I'm going to be so glad when this show is over. It's so intense - I can't stop watching it LOL.

Deanna Joseph

Shark
Shark
Just popping my head in on this Lost conversation. I don't watch the show, but as a good hostess I need to make sure that all the party guests are having fun :-).

It looks like you guys are having a ball discussing the ins and outs of Lost! I normally do something else while my husband is watching it, but I took my headphones off long enough to see some of the Jin/Sun/baby episode. It was just enough to confirm my assertion that Lost is too twisty to satisfy me. It definitely keeps the forum hopping, though!

Dani Sanders, Prime Time TV Ed.
Prime Time TV Website
Prime Time TV Forum
I
Shark
Shark
I
it does have a lot of twists and turns but that's what i love about it. also i feel like this yr. the flashforwards are really adding a lot to the show. i really like them. also from what i've been reading some more ans. will be given by the end of this season. i really just wonder though how all of it is going to turn out!

indigo

Tiger
Tiger
The flash back and forward I found confusing to begin with but now I'm expecting them. I knew right away that Jin was in the past. Because we were told only 6 made it off and he would have been 7.

At one point during his conversation with Sun he says something along the lines, I'll do anything to get you and the baby off the island. I took that to include dying.

So now we have our six as Rai pointed out:

Jack
Kate
Aaron
Hurley
Sayid
Sun

I was so happy that Michael finally showed up. I'm still ticked at him for being a traitor and was looking forward to Sayid giving him some whoopass. I think going to the captain is going to be a mistake though. Does anyone recognize the captain from somewhere else? Another show?

And did anyone else think Ben was sending his daughter, her boyfriend and her mother into a trap? Did you see his reaction when her boyfriend put his arm around her? Ben was ticked. I think he knew he'd get killed.

We haven't seen the black ooze for a while...

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
So, what are we going to do until the next episode on April 24rth?

I was thinking of checking out some older series on DVD that are also considered quirky or mysterious - so far I have "Northern Exposure" and "Twin Peaks" as suggestions since I already have seen all the "X-Files" episodes...anyone else have any suggestions?

I
Shark
Shark
I
i also thought that ben might have been sending them into a trap but i really don't know why. i really hope that desmond makes it home b/c i really like his char and i really was touched by his phone call to penny a while back.

the other day i was talking about lost to my DH who is now watching it with me. he turned to me and said" you know it's just a show right?" i'm like no way! to me it's one of my favs and it's so interesting it's like a puzzle trying to figure it out. he was just teasing me of course.

rai

Tiger
Tiger
I luv Desmond from the moment he came on the scene. I love it when he says "Brother". Love it.

So, this April 24th thing. Did they announce that? I always miss the previews and announcements at the end. There's no episodes on until then?

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Desmond is seriously a neat character - and so popular I doubt they will kill him anytime soon. Then again, they killed Charlie so you never know.

Black ooze - that reminds me of the X-Files. Isn't it smoke? And you are right, we haven't seen it since the episode where Juliet tricks Kate.

They announced that the next episode would be aired on the 24rth at 10pm (instead of 9pm- they are giving is a new timeslot and I wonder if it because they intend to up the violence or something) at the end of the last episode.

Which, by the way, what a terrible ending...I usually groan loudly at the end of Lost since they are all cliffhangers, but this one really annoyed me. Poor Danielle and Carl! Not that they were big characters or anything (and especially Carl who we knew was going to die from the time we met him in the cage), but sheesh! My brother and sister and I have this theory that Sayid is in love with Danielle because of the way he is the only one who ever remembers her name in seasons 1-3. But this episode made me wonder if, indeed, Ben is Alex's biological father and Danielle was lying all the time from that really long, mysterious look they had when he told then to leave and she, strangely, agreed.

Anyhoo...

I am also thinking of taking up Heroes until the 24rth. I heard that is a pretty good series. When it was going strong, I was into The 4400 (which no one really knows about and it was cancelled but I really liked it). Now, as I twiddle my thumbs waiting for the next Lost episode...I might as well.

Tiger
Tiger
As for paternity. I don't think Ben is her biological father. I think he just raised her as his daughter. He probably stole her from somewhere.

One thing is for certain about this show. All the characters are lying about something. smile

Tiger
Tiger
Oh, I forgot. Heroes rocks. If you're into lost I'm pretty sure you'll like Heroes.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Heroes hasn't been on lately though, has it???

The 4400 was cancelled??? Please tell me this isn't true!!!!

Ben did steal Alex from Danielle - at least that is what the first season led me to believe.

I totally love how Desmond says "brother" too wink He's a hotty!

Deanna Joseph

Tiger
Tiger
No, Heroes is on hiatus making new episodes. I don't think it returns again until September.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
The 4400 was totally cancelled which really bites. I followed on the forums for a while after the last season ended and people were hopeful - there was even a petition going around for a while. But they finally officially said they were not renewing for another season in January, I think. I am totally bummed because it would have been great summer entertainment. I really like the actor Jeffrey Combs - I knew him from Star Trek originally (actually the DS9 producers/directors made The 4400) but have discovered him in little shows and movies like the 4400 - Dr Burkhoff - and really enjoy his acting.

I am surprised and impressed someone else knows about the show! I hope someone makes something like it again soon...

I definitely have to try out a season of Heroes, though. My television viewing is getting a little boring. And, as you can see, I am a little bit of an addict. LOL

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I had no idea the 4400 had been dropped from the line up, I have the season pass on my TIVO just waiting. I'm dissappointed because I really enjoy the show and have watched it from the beginning.

I am similarly a big fan of Lost, I love programs that come from an unpredictable place like these. They are extremely creative in my opinion.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Man, I hate when they cancel a show without finishing it off!

That's why I'm so glad that they decided to finish LOST. I cannot even imagine the show ending now, with absolutely no closure LOL!

Deanna Joseph

I
Shark
Shark
I
i have been rewatching some of the past episodes of lost since they have been doing that in the 8pm time slot.i was watching it last night and i swear when i rewatch an ep.i always pick up something that i had previously missed!

anyway, i wasn't aware that ben probably isn't alex's biological child? did they actually say that on the show or was there something i missed that implied it?

i'm really curious as to how the oceanic 6 get off the island and whether or not desmond makes it off as well. i certainly hope so b/c i'm so rooting for him!

i also watch heroes and it's an absolutely fantastic show! i highly recommend.it's very intriguing like lost and very well written. it keeps you guessing as well! (well maybe not as much as lost!)

indigo

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
According to Danielle, the Others took her infant - Alex - sixteen years ago after she and her science crew crash landed on the island. This is why the initial message that the Lostie discovered at the tower had been playing over and over again in French for sixteen years. Danielle said that soon after arriving, her crew went mad and she killed them and then created the message so that she and her young daughter could be rescued. But this is just the story that she told Sayid. She could be lying.

I am really curious as to how they off the island as well. It seems that Desmond wouldn't be included in the 6 - since they are all accounted for. But he could get off and not have been acounted for in the public. Who knows!

Melissa

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I want to see Desmond with his girlfriend and the girlfriends Father exposed for the lengths he has gone to in this whole mess. I hope we're not dissappointed.

I
Shark
Shark
I
well it's possible that desmond could get off the island b/c he wasn't on flight 815 and therefore not one of the oceanic 6. he's one of my fav char. on the show.it's just something about him that really makes me root for him!

thanks melissa for clarifying the danielle thing.i had forgotten that story about the kidnapping. now that i read your post i do remember danielle telling that story.

rai

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
What do you guys think about the fake plane that was discovered at the beginning of this season? Ben claims that it is Widmore and Widmore claims that it is Ben...what do you think?

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Yea, that whole thing never made any sense to me.

I can understand why Ben would do that, they would stop searching and leave THE ISLAND alone.

BUT why would Widmore do it? Why would he want anyone to stop searching for the plane so badly as someone pointed out, Desmond wasn't on the plane to begin with.

AND I'm glad they pointed that out, because I do so hope that Desmond and his girl (whose name I have forgotten) are together in the end.

Tiger
Tiger
Her name's Penny I think.

I think it's more likely to be Ben who set up the plane. He would afterall have the bodies to stick in it with all the people he's killed.

I love the actor who plays Penny's father. He was on Ugly Betty and the O.C. Even though he usually plays a mean man I find him amusing.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
So what did everyone think of the newest Lost episode. Personally, I am just glad they are back!

Melissa

Tiger
Tiger
Yes, I saw it! So does anyone think that Ben had Sahid's wife killed on purpose to enrage him and get him to work for him?

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
For sure! Ben is pure evil!

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
That's an interesting thought, Moe. I hadn't thought about that. I did think it was interesting that it seems like Ben is time traveling like Desmond. I also thought that the actors and writers had a hard time getting back into the characters. They all seemed a little...off. After all, Sawyer is calling Claire "sweetheart", Kate is making eyes at anything with pants (okay so that's not really all that new), Hurley is standing up for himself, and Ben is fighting Arabs in the desert with some sort of stick thing. This episode is called "The Shape of Things to Come" and I wonder how literal they are being....

On another note - wasn't it in the Sahara that the archeologist found the Dharma polar bear? A friend of mine who was watching it with me said that the mountains in the desert kinda looked like the mountain on the island which got me thinking that perhaps the island isn't a "where" but a "when". Wasn't the Sahara like a big ocean millions of years ago?

Finally - I thought that Widmore's comment about the island "always being his" was interesting. I think that either Charles is Ben's "constant" or Ben is Charles (or a direct relative) from another time period which is why they can't kill each other.

I'm just glad Lost is back....can you tell?

I
Shark
Shark
I
i am too! i'm totally immersed in this show.it's absolutely one of my favorites! i can't wait to see tonight's ep.!

indigo

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Maria - Prime Time TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.