logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I was a huge LOST fan till last season, then I lost track of it. I tried to watch it last night and I was totally lost! What is going on? Have they been rescued? I saw Kate and the doctor in the courtroom - what is that all about. I don't watch TV much, but that was my favorite show for its first two seasons.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
You know, so much has happened since then and there are so many different story lines and tidbits and weirdness to explain it. They are flipping back and forth quite regularly from being rescued and not being rescued so I can see how someone would be lost if they haven't watched every episode.

Here's the episode guide from iMdB
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Thanks, Moe - I'll check that out.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
I use to watch Lost, but got tired of the constant flipping and retelling of the the stories for the tenth time from someone else's point of view. Okay, so maybe I am exaggerating just a little. When I stopped watching I told my husband that I didn't have time to watch the same thing for the first half from someone els'e point of view to then be given just a tiny piece of new information at the end to make me come back.

My husband still watches them, and right now Lost is really the only show on TV that he can't miss, Thank goodness for DVR!

Anyway, before we would wait for the whole season to come out on DVD and then watch it all at one time, I think it helped make more sense of the show.

But since the writer's strike, and they decided not to air 24 until next season, my husband has started watching Lost live, or prerecordeed on the DVR.

So, I guess to each his own!

But maybe renting the whole season might help you!

Marci Ann Peterson
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Yeah, Jack's father had a one night stand with Claire's mother - there are two episodes that explain this. One is from the very first season when his father goes to visit Claire in Australia right before he dies (we don't know why at this point) and the other is from season 3 in which after Claire crashes the car which leaves her mother in a vegetative state her father (Jack's father) steps forward to pay all the bills and suggests that she take her mother off life support. She says that she doesn't want to know his name at this time, but we all know that it is Jack's father.

And while Jacks's father is dead, I think this will come out in future seasons because Hurley saw Jack's father in Jacobs cabin at the beginning of this season.

(I'm a little obessessed as you can tell - - not many shows are really mystreious for me because I figure things out too quickly and so have really enjoyed Lost remaining mysterious).

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Also - the producers have a contract for six seasons for this show and have promised that, by the end, everything will be explained. Since we are on the fourth (and have started flash-fowards which is fascinating), we have two more to go.

I just hope they can keep it up.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I have a theory after this past Desmond episode....

Anyone wanna hear it?

Tiger
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Melissa -teen editor
Yeah, Jack's father had a one night stand with Claire's mother - there are two episodes that explain this. One is from the very first season when his father goes to visit Claire in Australia right before he dies (we don't know why at this point) and the other is from season 3 in which after Claire crashes the car which leaves her mother in a vegetative state her father (Jack's father) steps forward to pay all the bills and suggests that she take her mother off life support. She says that she doesn't want to know his name at this time, but we all know that it is Jack's father.

And while Jacks's father is dead, I think this will come out in future seasons because Hurley saw Jack's father in Jacobs cabin at the beginning of this season.

(I'm a little obessessed as you can tell - - not many shows are really mystreious for me because I figure things out too quickly and so have really enjoyed Lost remaining mysterious).

Now that you explain this I can picture it. Yes, I want to hear your theory! smile

Tiger
Tiger
I really like Desmond's character and was biting my fingers for the whole episode worried they were going to kill him off. It felt so good to finally have him talk with Penny. A little bit of closure in some way.

Who do you think is Ben's inside man on the ship? At first I thought it was the communications guy but then he died. Now, I'm guessing it's the Doctor since Ben seems to have a thing/use for medical professionals.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
smile Yay! Someone wants to hear my theory!

(BTW - I think Ben's "inside man" is Michael...just a thought I had since I know he is coming back this season)

Anyway, I think that the Desmond storyline is really taking us down a path in which the entire island fluctuates within the time continuum (obviously). And this is fascinating to me as a writer because it means that the flashbacks and now flash-forwards are not, in fact just plot devices but actual events happening to the characters. I always noticed that the characters get this little loopy/glazed look in their eyes either before or after a flashback/forward and I think that is because they are all slightly "unstuck" in time. I think that the plane crash and ultimately the destruction of the hatch created enough explosive energy and radiation to affect them all and that they are literally jumping back and forth in time. Some seem to be more unstuck than others - Desmond but also Locke and Hurley. This also makes room for Charlie's statement "I am dead but I am also here." I think that dead characters are still jumping in and out of time but cannot affect it since it has been stated in a few episodes that a premise of this series is "predestination" - things that are to be cannot be changed.

I have been hatching this theory since the first Desmond episode in season 3 and this last one really firmed it up for me. It also explains why you can hear voices in the background during certain scenes, Jacob asking for "help", the injections that Desmond was taking to ward off "the sickness", why women who are pregnant die (if embryos were to jump back in time, things couldn't be good, right? On the other hand, I was also hatching a theory that Ben actually causes this from his own trauma and his obvious latent psychic abilities) the crazy French woman's shipmates going crazy, why Walt is older, and the weird rabbit experiment done by Dharma. Things on the island eventually become affected and jump through time and, without a constant, can become totally unstuck in time and not be able to return.

Okay, this post has gotten really long. Sorry. Thanks for asking, though. smile

Melissa

ps - The communications guy was a fun special guest star - did anyone here every watch "Early Edition" with the cat who brings the newspaper from the future? My family used to always watch that show and this actor was one of our favorite characters on it.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Maria - Prime Time TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.