Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M.B. Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I was working on a merchandising project this afternoon when I heard a coworker going absolutely crazy cooing over a baby a customer was towing around. The coworker is a grandmother, and LOOOOVES babies, and she was just gaga over this one. I was twenty feet away and could hear her going on and on about how pretty this baby was and how lovely his eyelashes were. Then she called me over to her.

Coworker (excited and nearly squealing): Look at that baby's pretty lashes! Aren't they wonderful?
Me (bored): "They're long and thick. They're nice." *shrug*

And I walked away from the shocked look on my coworker's face and the dagger shooting expression of pure disgust on the customer's face without another word.

Seriously, I'd be more concerned if a human infant was lacking eyelashes! I just don't get what the big deal is. Oddly, that entire scene was rather fun, in an eye-rolling, "this is a pointless conversation" way. But then, I'm pretty twisted and I enjoy shocking people...

Just thought I'd share. Has anyone else gotten those shocked/ disgusted looks from showing "baby apathy?"

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Yeah, I have.

I can't help it that they're boring. Especially if you don't even know either of the parents personally!

It's kind of like having a mechanic be excited to show me the engine of somebody else's car. *yawn*

My maternal clock must be digital - because there's certainly no ticking!
M
Shark
Shark
M
Yep. I got a lecture from a pregnant co-worker for remaining on a business call whilst some woman I didn't know paraded around her four month old. Her two older children then came running up the hallway. It's an office, not a playground.

Luckily, I'm changing jobs so won't be there when the currently pregnant people all parade in their off-spring.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: myrabeth
Just thought I'd share. Has anyone else gotten those shocked/ disgusted looks from showing "baby apathy?"

I've seen the same reactions to my mother at the office (she used to work at the same workspace as me years ago) when the first grandkid arrived. I had those reactions, but it was sorta expected from me. No disgusting looks, but I never got into the "oohh, isn't this baby sooo cute?" stuff. Even the obligatory "pass the baby around the office" things, even if you are a guy, they used to hunt me down for such things. Now, they know better. smile

S
S
Speaking of which, every now and then a co-worker who became pregnant and therefore left to go on maternity leave would arrive showing off the newly hatched loaf. I show absolutely no interest what so ever and therefore stay at my desk into my work. Nobody really hassles me about it as I'm sure that I am being talked about behind my back.

Only the brave may approach.
I
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I
sleepykgm - LMAO at "hatched loaf." Oh gosh that is hilarious! My newest fav CF slang term that I recently read on another CF website is "crotchfruit." Gotta love slang words!

I am a mom - to my sweet baby Pekingese =)
K
Shark
Shark
K
Ugh...I hate the office parade too. I never know what to say and I just don't feel all gaga over the babies like everyone else. I really try to come up with something to say about how adorable they are but it sure doesn't come naturally smile All the other ladies go crazy practically grabbing the baby out of other people's arms. Not me!

the only thing i want to parent is my great dane!
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
My favourite CF slang is the phrase ' the uterus' which I read on a thread a few weeks ago in regards to a stay at home mother... made me laugh and still does :-)

I had a work colleague on my last project, he had been in the company longer than me and thought as I was new I could be bossed around and told what to do.

He came up to my desk and saw a photo of my cat on there.... he said ' Is that your cat?' I said ' Yes, isn't he lovely?' he replied ' I don't like cats'.

Fine.. whatever.

He then had photos of his daughter and when I went to ask him a question he said ' Look, that's my daughter in the school play'

'I don't like kids'.

He's never said anything to me since.

K
Shark
Shark
K
What a brilliant exchange, Linux Lady! I'm still laughing!

The emperor has no clothes. Choose The Childfree Life!
I
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I
Manatee you took the words right out of my mouth! LL is on a roll today =)

I am a mom - to my sweet baby Pekingese =)
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.