logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Gecko
Gecko
Happy- funny, I play Neopets! I love the games on there, too.

I tell other CF people about this site, but I avoid telling parents. I just refer to this as a 'child free message board.' I don't want to tell parents because I don't want to create trolls.

People always look at me funny for the things I read. I read manga a lot, which leads to people treating me like a kid. I've learned to stop caring about people's opinions on the matter.

...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
naz Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
N
I've mentioned to other CF friends and DH that I subscribe to some CF forums. But have never mentioned this one specifically. I really want to keep this place private. The nice thing about posting here is you can vent without people in your real life knowing. One time my mom asked if there were sites for people like me. (Like I have some incurable disease). I just told her yes there are.

J
Shark
Shark
J
One time my mom asked if there were sites for people like me. (Like I have some incurable disease). I just told her yes there are.

That is so funny!

CFBC
K
Shark
Shark
K
Originally Posted By: naz
One time my mom asked if there were sites for people like me. (Like I have some incurable disease). I just told her yes there are.

Ha! Yes, and it's called "sense of reality-itis"; very incurable smile

the only thing i want to parent is my great dane!
I
Shark
Shark
I
My DH and one of my BFF who is CF knows. i did tell an aquantance of mine who is also CF about this site but i don't know if she ever checked it out.

indigo

C
Shark
Shark
C
No one I share my every day life with knows I post here. I've mentioned something about "one of the forums I like to read" to a couple of my closer friends, but nothing elaborate.

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
-- Plato --
Parakeet
Parakeet
My long time friend, the one who was born with baby rabies, knows I post on a CF forum, has been told exactly where it is, and knows I use this screen name in a couple of places, so she could find me if she wanted to. She's just not interested.

A couple of other friends know I'm an active member of a busy forum, but that's all they know.

My fiance is very aware of this forum. He reads over my shoulder (with invitation, of course) so often, he's basically a lurker. We also frequently discuss the topics brought up here. A couple of months ago, he even registered. He just doesn't use the account. Despite his status as a Dad, I believe he could add a great POV here, since he's honest and realistic about parenting, and pretty open-minded in general. (Not to mention funny and sarcastic, besides!) He just spends too much time on a forum he's been on for years (which I only read over his shoulder by invitation, and rarely at that) to hang out here, too. One day, you might get to know him. I think you'd like him.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Trisharoni
I love Stephen King, and I am totally addicted to Laurell K. Hamilton's books. I love books about vampires, but I've told some people what I'm reading when they ask, and I feel like they instantly took a different view of the type of person I am.

Trisharoni, have you tried reading any of Patricia Brigg's paranormal books? Everyone who's read Hamilton's stuff (but got tired of it turning into smut without any plot) LOVES Brigg's Mercy series. Moon Called, Blood Bound, and Iron Kissed are the three that are out so far.

As for do I tell anyone about this site, well, Tress is the one who introduced me to it so she knows. wink My guy knows, since I wind up babbling about it to him while I'm on the forum and he's in the same room as me. I mentioned it to my boss today since I just had to share how someone "special" thinks that music concerts should be rated like movies. I haven't mentioned it to my one friend with kids, I don't talk to her that much anymore so it'd be kinda weird for that to be the first thing I tell her about, and I doubt she'd be interested at all. :P I might rope in another friend or two that's CF, see if they're interested in the place. smile

Koala
Koala
I think of this board as my safe haven I can be me without reprocutions! I can state my pov and vent without someone knocking on my door to preach the evils of the CF life!!!

I have blogs but non of them are under my real name so I can vent there it is like having alter egos! I can explore a part of me that I can not in real life. It is MY happy place!!!

Parakeet
Parakeet
DW knows I hang out here -- but that's it. No one else does, because of the nature of topics that are discussed here. It is the being anonymous, yet being among friends kind of atmosphere. Hard to describe, but if you are reading this, you know what it is...

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.