Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OK for some reason this topic has stuck in my mind for *years*. We wash our towels about once a week. I had talked with someone in these forums who washed their towel literally after every use. To me that seemed very wasteful of energy and water, since the towel had only been used to towel off a clean person. And the point of a towel rack is to let the towel hang dry after being used. But it still makes me think - how many people do this? Is there an entire block of people who daily wash all their towels? How much laundry could a single household do in a week? smile smile

So how often do you wash your towels?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
naz Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
N
Wow, didn't realize people did that. How wasteful. I wash ours once a week.

I really like it when hotels have the notice up that they are trying to save the environment and to place the towels someplace if they don't need to be washed. Oregon has this in every hotel I've stayed in there. I don't see it too many other places though.

Gecko
Gecko
I wash our towels a couple of times a week. It may seem wasteful, but I do it for health reasons. Washing towels frequently prevents the spread of bacteria such as MRSA. This time of year with cold and flu germs, I have to do it, I can't help it. In the summer, the towels smell if not washed often enough.

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I don't wash my towels until they start to get stinky. laugh

C
Zebra
Zebra
C
I wash the towels after 3-4 uses. If I stretch it any longer than that, the towels tend to have a mildew smell.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
Shark
Shark
I wash ours once a week, sometimes more. In the summer, I hang a line in the sun and hang the towels to dry. If the towel does not dry quickly, I will wash it the same day as it was used, just to prevent the spread of germs. Each person uses the same towel.

The key to keep the towels from staying moist is the hang them so the air circulates around them easily. Don't just throw them over the showerdoor, any bacteria on the shower door or curtain will transfer right to the towel.

Julie Fletcher
Cleaning Editor
Zebra
Zebra
Guilty! cry I wash towels every time! Now I feel bad about it! LOL

I actually have been thinking I should hang my towels and reuse, and I've tried a few times, and there's no excuse for it and dang it, I need to do that! I don't know why I do it except I guess that's just what I was used to doing. I'm pretty sure my mother does the same thing, so that's where it came from.

I do use my hand towels for several days, though! And, since my hair isn't long now, I use hand towels for it instead of bath towels (yes, I used to use two a day!)

I do wash my kitchen towels and wiping cloths often, though--I use them and then put them in a holding basket until I have a load (with the towels) and I use bleach. The sponge goes in the dishwasher. Health dept inspectors scared me silly with foodborne illness warnings when I was in the food biz, so I'm a big fan of germ-free kitchens, and most kitchen sponges and wiping cloths are infested with bacteria! smile

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
My bath towels are washed about once a week. I always hang them over the shower curtain rod (is that what it's called?) so they dry quickly. I've never had a problem with mildew or smelly towels.

Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: froggie0424
I don't wash my towels until they start to get stinky. laugh

HaHaHa - that is too funny!

Amoeba
Amoeba
Everyone should have their own personal bath and hand towels. No swapping. I wash these once a week if they are not dirty or wet. Kitchen towels daily and all get hung out in the sun wind or frost. Guests always get a fresh towel. We all have different coloured towels so no mistakes. You cannot be too careful today. Bugs and germs are so easily picked up. Same goes for face cloths..wash flannels...they can be quite dangerous because of the wetness. Sponges are even worse. I even get my granddaughter to make little hats for the toothbrushes with drawstrings...These keep any airborne germs at bay in the bathroom. I know it sounds paranoid but things aren't quite as safe as they used to be where strange new viruses are concerned...we now have a flesh eating MRSA over here that likes to live in gyms, schools and doctor's waiting rooms. Tip...if you are going out in a public place wear gloves...it saves picking up nasty bugs from handrails etc.

Fay

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.