Page 1 of 2 1 2
#362820 01/01/08 01:41 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Happy New Year!

What are your resolutions for this coming year? To learn more healthy recipes? To find ways to incorporate garlic into more meals? To lose 20 pounds? To get more exercise?

Post your goals and we'll help you reach them! Many studies show that you are more likely to succeed if you build a support group!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I want to start cooking more myself instead of using pre-made foods that I know are bad for me. I am resolving to buy as much USDS certified organic food as I can get my hands on! And I also want to work out 3-5 times a week instead of a month doing things I really like such as Yoga and Pilates.

Rebekah Mack Bono
Beck's Lavender Boutique
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Working out - or getting ANY exercise - can be so hard in modern times. We are just so busy! It's ironic that in the old days people were very busy *and* they were active - they were out caring for the garden, or milking the cows, or so on. Nowadays we are all busy and sedentary too.

I really do need to get more active too. I sit here in front of my computer all day long, moving only my fingers. Somehow I have to find time to get up and do something ...

Low Carb Forum
My New Year's resolution was to find a comfortable forum for Low Carb eating and also Fibromyalgia. Ones where I didn't feel lost amid lots of people--that said--I'm new here.

My name is Ally and I have been seriously LC eating for 9 months now and this is my 3rd attempt. because I have fibro and am wheat sensitive and lactose intolerant to a degree this is the best way of eating for me. I'm post menopausal (lol), live in Washington state, semi-retired (due to health issues),have lots of cats and a husband, create jewelry and dabble in mixed media/altered art (collage).

"Rebellion is the only thing that keeps you alive!"
~~~Marianne Faithfull
Hey Ally,

We seem to have much in common. We both live in Washington, me Puyallup, we both are trying to live LC, we both are sensitive to wheat, have health issues...oh and I am new to this site as well.

That said, what is the hardest part of the lifestyle for you? What advice would you give me, I am just starting out on a LC diet. Do you have a favorite recipe? place to get recipes? Anything else you would like to share would be awesome....

Originally Posted By: horsegoddess24
Hey Ally,

We seem to have much in common. We both live in Washington, me Puyallup, we both are trying to live LC, we both are sensitive to wheat, have health issues...oh and I am new to this site as well.

That said, what is the hardest part of the lifestyle for you? What advice would you give me, I am just starting out on a LC diet. Do you have a favorite recipe? place to get recipes? Anything else you would like to share would be awesome....
I'm down in Vancouver, ofcourse that means nothing to the majority here. lol But I think I have learned a lot through trying this before (LC) and discovering where I failed. I have a lot of food tricks I use that seem to work well. Feel free to PM me because if I post to the thread I tend to go on and on. lol Tend to get long winded. Good to see another Washington resident.
Ally

"Rebellion is the only thing that keeps you alive!"
~~~Marianne Faithfull
Zebra
Zebra
My resolution re: weight is to lose 22 more pounds this year. I quit smoking May 2005 and finally in August 2007 started really working on losing the weight I'd gained. (which was a lot!) So, I've lost that weight and now decided to lose the other 22 pounds I'd put on in the last few years.

My plan is to eat mostly low carb (works better for me if I don't try to be too strict--I eat at a lot of association lunches and dinner out with friends & family). Keep eating veggies and try new ones (I just bought a jicama.) And, exercise five times a week (moving is essential to my weight loss/maintenance).

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Welcome, Ally!

Don't think of it as failing at low carb smile We learn things as we go that we incorporate into our daily routine. I bet each time you stopped being "strict low carb" that you probably still ate a bit healthier than you had before. It's like learning to ride a bike. You don't fail if you fall the first time, you are just getting better. And each time you do better until you really do incorporate many important parts of healthy eating into your daily diet.

We're glad to have you here!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
HorseGoddess -

I think a LOT of people are sensitive to wheat and just don't realize it. I have a group of women I meet with and several of us tried avoiding wheat just to see what happened and we felt much better in general. One of us definitely has a serious wheat issue. But I think the modern world gets wheat embedded into tons of processed foods - far more than we would eat naturally. So I definitely think it's a good thing to be aware of that and to try to watch how much you ingest.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Those are all great goals Deb - and congratulations on stopping smoking!! It is amazing just how harmful smoking is in the overall scheme of things, and you've definitely made yourself incredibly healthier just with that one step. A very hard step, too!!

Finding new veggies is both key and fun!! It helps expand your menu variety so you are always interested in the foods you eat. I love finding strange new veggies and giving them a try. How did you like the jicama?

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.