Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I agree they should be healthy weights but I think if you had those women go to most modeling agencies in modern times that they'd be turned away as too heavy! People want stick-thin models!

I don't think most modern people are looking for a warrior's tone; that is a very intriguing thought because actually *I* always really liked that look and it was always an "odd look" in our culture. Think back to when Conan the Destroyer came out, how much people harassed Grace Jones for being too muscular. Same thing with Alien, GI Jane and the first Terminator. The women in those movies were muscular and warrior-fit and they were looked down on and harassed for it. I always thought they were gorgeous.

They're becoming more accepted in modern times - but the ideal beauty for magazines and fashion shows is still stick-thin with no muscle at all. They're starting to accept a *tiny* bit of tone, but most of them are still thin-and-frail which bothers me.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I go back and forth between looking like those women in the pictures, Lisa, and being thin and toned. I always like myself when I am fit and hate looking at myself when i look like those women in the paintings. My body normally sets right at that level and it takes constant vigilance to stay "fit". It bothers me that it bothers me.

I guess you could say the picture of me in my avatar is in my in-between state.

As far as 'being naked', that I am okay with. I love not wearing clothes. I don't care if other people are nude. I know Seinfeld doesn't like casual nudity, but I never think anything of stripping off my clothes (in either of my body shapes) to join in a hot spring, pool, or just to walk around the house. I change clothes right in front of people I am camping with and expect them to do the same. I have to remember to put clothes on when I host guests actually. It's just one of those things, I guess. Is this weird to people?

Last edited by Jilly; 01/31/08 06:55 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I know a ton of people who sleep nude, and if it's warm enough I'll do that, but right now I sleep in 8 layers of clothes because I get so cold smile So it really is very temperature dependent for me. Our house is rather rural so I traipse around in whatever strikes me as temperature-comfortable.

I'll have to admit that a weekend or two ago a friend of mine wanted to swing by with some Tupperware I'd ordered from her on a Sunday afternoon and I asked her not to, because we were lounging in our pajamas and didn't feel like getting dressed smile I told her I'd get it from her when we met the following week smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.