logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Koala
Koala
Area 51...LOL. I need to borrow your sign. My barn is a mess. I am not near close to being out of beads yet though lol.

Hey, who doesn't have too many unfinished projects?! My husband was complaining about needing a new hobby for the winter time (he gardens in the summer) and I tried to pawn off some of my unfinished stuff on him. I told him it would be a cheap hobby because it was already paid for lol....

I just love old houses. I would love to go in and totally remodel one, but hubby is not a handy guy and his pockets aren't very deep!

Last edited by conniem; 11/08/07 07:23 AM.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I love old houses, too, but remodeling is so expensive. What kills me is when you go into towns and see the most beautiful Victorians and they are the ones that have fallen to the wayside and the neighborhoods are becoming dangerous as a result.

It's nice to see new developments that copy that old-town Victorian look with gingerbread trim, porches and sidewalks. But, I don't like to see the authentic homes ignored. It's just that they present many obstacles, so it is very difficult to spend the time and money needed to fully restore them to their former beauty.

It makes me wonder what they were like in their former glory with people riding carriages past them and sitting out on their porches sipping lemonade or iced tea. When parlors were really parlors. I'm thankful for modern conveniences (big time!) but, I have a wondering nostalgia for the past when I see these homes.

And, what about those big old trees that often accompany old homes? Wow - some properties are worth buying just for the trees alone!

Donna

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.