logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Shark
Shark
Originally Posted By: pecsplace.comDAD

She gives www.pecsplace.com as an example of a website that supports her point of view. So she is implying that we are essentially trying to scam people to pay for something that can be found for free.

This is a lie.

There - is that more clear now? Or do you need me to explain how the word "Imply" is defined? I think you are the one that didn't comprehend what the article was about.

First, you are being very rude. Second here is the information from the article about your site

Quote:

Pecs Place is a new site that is trying to get members by offering a free month for any referral. The cost is $10.00 per month with an extensive terms and conditions to read through. Currently their forum is locked for updates.

Forest Moriarty is the father to two children on the spectrum and narrates the about us section of the site. The site is a pecs game and uses software Forest created. "Having an account with PECS PLACE gives you access to this great game for kids� ability to download PECS Cards designed by our Artists, Community Forums and most importantly� A portion of all profits from this game will go to charities that help aid awareness and research for Autism."

They do list some autism charities. You can always check out my yahoo group on Making PECS Cards.

You are very angry. Take a deep breath and look at what she wrote about your site and not the other sites.

Diane Claus
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Originally Posted By: Bonnie, Autism Editor
The links below the article are for the sites to those who are adults on the autism spectrum.

Bonnie, it just occurred to me that adults with autism are often ignored or viewed as unworthy of much to say. Many parents do not want to here that there kids can still be someone even if they still have autism.

I love reading sites by and for other adults with autism. Thank you for those links.

Diane Claus
Shark
Shark
Originally Posted By: forestlakemommy
Please don't forget, teachtown.com's "free" trial charges you 9.95 for shipping and handling, then 39.95 a month, a far cry from $10 per month. Autismpro is $69.95/month
BUT
these are sold as therapy tools. Pecs Place is intended for fun - and if they learn something, great. There are tons of games online that people pay for monthly, anywhere from $10-up. In no way do we claim this is intended as therapy, and it states as such on www.pecsplace.com
Do we want to advertise and pique people's interest? Sure. This is a labor of love for us and our own children helped us design it. The services used to keep our site running are not free, as you may think.

My 4 sites cost me about $200 a year. Each sites gets between 20,000 and 50,000 hits a month. None have ads.

Diane Claus
P
P
Originally Posted By: Crafting with Kids
Originally Posted By: forestlakemommy
Please don't forget, teachtown.com's "free" trial charges you 9.95 for shipping and handling, then 39.95 a month, a far cry from $10 per month. Autismpro is $69.95/month
BUT
these are sold as therapy tools. Pecs Place is intended for fun - and if they learn something, great. There are tons of games online that people pay for monthly, anywhere from $10-up. In no way do we claim this is intended as therapy, and it states as such on www.pecsplace.com
Do we want to advertise and pique people's interest? Sure. This is a labor of love for us and our own children helped us design it. The services used to keep our site running are not free, as you may think.

My 4 sites cost me about $200 a year. Each sites gets between 20,000 and 50,000 hits a month. None have ads.

Please go price what it would cost to run a HUGE Flash program, database mangement, secure log acounts on a server. A server capable of preventing account hacking and fruad Multiply your website costs in order of magnitude and you will get close to what we pay.

The add in cost to design, code, program, and test a video game is simply not even in the same realm as hosting a website.

We have invested a year and thousands of dollars of our own money to provide a fun game for kids with Autism.

Last edited by pecsplace.comDAD; 11/10/07 01:39 AM.
P
P
Originally Posted By: Crafting with Kids
Originally Posted By: pecsplace.comDAD

She gives www.pecsplace.com as an example of a website that supports her point of view. So she is implying that we are essentially trying to scam people to pay for something that can be found for free.

This is a lie.

There - is that more clear now? Or do you need me to explain how the word "Imply" is defined? I think you are the one that didn't comprehend what the article was about.

First, you are being very rude. Second here is the information from the article about your site

Quote:

Pecs Place is a new site that is trying to get members by offering a free month for any referral. The cost is $10.00 per month with an extensive terms and conditions to read through. Currently their forum is locked for updates.

Forest Moriarty is the father to two children on the spectrum and narrates the about us section of the site. The site is a pecs game and uses software Forest created. "Having an account with PECS PLACE gives you access to this great game for kids… ability to download PECS Cards designed by our Artists, Community Forums and most importantly… A portion of all profits from this game will go to charities that help aid awareness and research for Autism."

They do list some autism charities. You can always check out my yahoo group on Making PECS Cards.

You are very angry. Take a deep breath and look at what she wrote about your site and not the other sites.

Did you even read the top half of the article and what it is about?

Yes, I am sorry for being upset. However, I am being lied about. We are NOT trying to charge people for something they can get for free.

Our website even has a FREE DEMO for goodness sake!

Gecko
Gecko
I am an editor here at Bellaonline, I have read through these posts and read Bonnie's article. In my opinion, the article is a review of websites. Bonnie does not directly say anything misleading or untrue about your site. As and editor, when you review a site that you are not a member of, it is difficult to promote that site, which I believe is why Bonnie said she was not promoting any of the sites. Also, she said she wanted to stop the sites that were charging for information you could get for free, but again in my opinion, she was not referring to your site.

I don't believe that Bonnie did anything wrong. If I were someone looking for autism information, I would appreciate her honesty, and I would probably try your site.

B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
"<i>Perhaps you should take all the advertising down surrounding your article and the link where you are selling anything directly. After all you make money off those marketing items don't you? Perhaps that leads then to biased opinions?"</i>

=====

The owner of BellaOnline.com is in charge of advertising on the sites. I do not benefit from anything and this is a volunteer position. I refer people to amazon and make a small percentage each month of sales. I also wrote an ebook that sells for $3.50. That is the extent of my compensation.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
P
P
Originally Posted By: Sue Early Childhood
I am an editor here at Bellaonline, I have read through these posts and read Bonnie's article. In my opinion, the article is a review of websites. Bonnie does not directly say anything misleading or untrue about your site. As and editor, when you review a site that you are not a member of, it is difficult to promote that site, which I believe is why Bonnie said she was not promoting any of the sites. Also, she said she wanted to stop the sites that were charging for information you could get for free, but again in my opinion, she was not referring to your site.

I don't believe that Bonnie did anything wrong. If I were someone looking for autism information, I would appreciate her honesty, and I would probably try your site.

Ok, how many times do I have to say this? She listed our site as one she is encouraging people to by pass. She is telling people to not use our service. Why? Because as she claimed earlier in her article that we are selling information about Autism, that can be found for free.

"I share these with you, not to promote them, but to keep all within the autism community aware that these exist and if we bypass them maybe they will stop charging people to learn about autism."

IF WE BYPASS THEM MAYBE THEY WILL STOP CHARING PEOPLE TO LEARN ABOUT AUTISM

This is a lie. How can you people not get this? Give me a break. She is telling people to not use our service.

So what, we are supposed to give the service away for free? She herself is selling a book - should I write a review and say her book is only giving out information that could be found for free, even if it is a lie...and then tell people not to buy it?

This is Libel, and if it is not torn down promptly, MoPro Software LLC will be filing a lawsuit next week. I can assure you that Minerva, BellaOnline will be included with Miss Sayers.

I WILL not be lied about, and have people telling people not to buy my service based on complete untruths.

She can use the service, and write a review about what she thinks about our service, even if it is negative, that is fine.

She can not lie to the public about our company or service and expect that I am going to let it be.

This is pretty simple, take us off the list. Or rewrite the article.

Last edited by pecsplace.comDAD; 11/10/07 01:23 PM.
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
I asked my pecs yahoo group to check this all out and got some feedback. People were turned off due to these posts and also thought the three links to your site in the article was sending people there so I deleted the stuff about your site.

Also the information about the charities was a bit vague and the price is only for a subscription at $120 a year and not the software.

I believe people made up their own mind. Oh, by the way I am a single parent to two kids on the autism spectrum, ages 11 (nonverbal) and 12 (HFA).

What is certain is that your site will not be listed as a resource for pecs at all on the autism site here at BellaOnline or at my groups online at various sites.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
P
P
On behalf of MoPro Software and www.pecsplace.com I thank you for taking us off your ill written article.

If you wish to ACTUALLY review our services with a fair and balanced perspective I would be happy to provide you with a FREE review copy of the game.

Your posts nearly got you hit with a lawsuit for libel. So, I would be more concerned about that then what your friends on a forum think. After all, a judge has far more input than your forum buddies.

As far as being listed on this site I will check with the owners about advertising here. That really isn't up to you.

I'm sorry you and your pals didn't like my reponse to your article. Obviously you've never attacked work that they've done, yet. Perhaps the only good thing that comes of this is you have learned not to lie about people's hard work.

In the end, if we do not earn any of your supporters as customers that will be their kids loss. The game is AWESOME. Just ask all the customers we do have that LOVE IT.

Seriously, we all have kids with Autism and should be finding common ground instead of going OUT of our way to BASH other peoples contributions.

Perhaps I should become an Editor here...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.