Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
R
I am excited to be the editor of the Cancer Site at BellaOnline.com. If you would like to read more about me, please see my Bio.

The forum is a great way to get answers to your questions about Cancer. Feel free to post a new topic or respond to an existing topic. Any and all concerns and questions relating to Cancer are welcome.

cool

Last edited by Adelle - Cancer; 01/26/09 03:11 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
Hi Rhonda (that's my sister's name too!),

It's great to hear you're free of cancer, and now helping and supporting others. Although I have not had cancer, several of my family and friends have, so it's become a topic of research for me.

I look forward to reading your articles and posts and sharing when I can.

P.S. I spent quite a few years in the accounting field too, although my Bachelor's was in finance.

Brenda Bridwell
Body Care
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Hello
Cancer otherword(malignant neoplasm) is a class of diseases in which a group of cells display uncontrolled growth,invasion,and sometimes metastasis (spread to other locations in the body via lymph or blood).

Cancer may affect people at all ages, even fetuses, but the risk for most varieties increases with age.
[1] Cancer causes about 13% of all deaths.
[2] According to the American Cancer Society, 7.6 million people died from cancer in the world during 2007

Treatment of cancer, now possible,
Surgery
Radiation therapy

Parakeet
Parakeet
I had a foot of my ascending colon along with my cecum and appendix removed in March...they(you know "them" right?) found microscopic cells in three of 34 lymph nodes so now I am on xeloda..which the oncologist assured me was "totally my choice!"

I feel that the 65% of 100 people in my "group" who are clear of cancer after my sort and class of tumor is removed is good enough for me BUT my son ,husband, and mother(in no significant order) had other opinions...

I am getting ready to start my third of six sessions whilst taking 4000mgs of xeloda twice a day for two weeks and off a week(some fun)

I have had some foot and now hand issues that are just starting but Vitamin B-6 does help(and socks!)then there is the cha-chas but I have pills for that too...nausea and upper gastric pain during my first course when I was taking 1000 mgs more everyday will undoubtedly be back...I now have chemo brain(forgetting stuff and I tend to tip over if I stand to quickly..whoohoo

Frankly I am NOT convinced it is worth it to maybe be in the 12% of the 100 people that may be cured if the surgery was not effective...but time will tell all..

I do feel compelled to add I was two years away from my next colonoscopy when this reared it's ugly head and my only symptom was anemia(the MAJOR symptom of colon cancer in adults)

I am re-reading this and it does appear somewhat whiney but that is the way my day has been going sooo..... wall

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Dorothy Parker
C
C
Hi Rhonda, There is a great campaign underway to raise awareness in the Latin community. There is an urgent need to register 100,000 Latinos in City of Hope Bone Marrow Registry. Forty six of Latin American's top singers (Placido Domingo, Gloria Estefan, Enrique Iglesis to name a few) have recorded an awesome music video in an effort to reach Latinos. Please visit uneteconlagotadelavida website to see the video. Then pass on the link to raise awareness amongst the Latin community. We all need to fight cancer - and bone marrow is nature's secret weapon.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/06/24 02:11 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.