Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#343088 09/22/07 09:22 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Hello, everyone! I'm Danielle, BellaOnline's new Prime Time TV Editor. I am thrilled to be able to share my undying love for television with BellaOnline's readers, and I hope that you will join me here in the forum for regular discussions about our favorite shows.

Please take a minute to say hello and introduce yourself so I can begin to get to know you better. I've started a thread about Favorite Shows, so pop over there and let me know what you love to watch, too.

As for me, I'm an elementary school teacher by day and television addict by night. I've been teaching for fourteen years - where did the time go? In my free time (when I'm not watching tv) I love to travel, read, cook, attend concerts and spend time with my awesome partner Tony and our four cats.

It's great to be here at BellaOnline!

Last edited by Danielle Primetime TV; 09/24/07 04:30 PM.

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I'm Travis and I'm another editor here. I have always been sucked into the visual world of fantasy and make believe. This fuels my love of comics and carries over into TV and movies. I watch a lot of both.

Beyond that, I'm single with 2 cats. Don't read too much into that.lol I'm a computer tech and work the graveyard shifts. So this generally allows me to catch my favorite shows as I please. I spend a lot of time on my computer, generally playing World of Warcraft. And my TV is ALWAYS on when I'm at the computer. The only exception is when I'm writing an article, I generally put on music.

Travis Belk
Manga/Comics Editor
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Yay! Another person with cats! Names? Descriptions?

We have four - an orange tabby named Linus, a black and white cat (who looks like and is the general size of a cow) named Emmett (named after one of my favorite television characters), a fluffy gray and black cat named Ariel (named after the character in Shakespeare's The Tempest, not the Little Mermaid ;)), and a Himalayan munchkin that we rescued named The Smoosh. She is very very ornery.

What kinds of music do you like? My music collection is pretty eclectic. Should I admit that my favorite band is Hanson? Too late, I said it. I also love Edwin McCain, Kurt Nilsen (a Norwegian artist I discovered while watching World Idol one year on tv), Kasey Chambers (Australian folk-country artist) and absolutely anything from the 80s, particularly Howard Jones, Depeche Mode and Duran Duran.

I would think the graveyard shift would actually be a good one. It gives you a little more flexibility to get things done during the day if you need to, and can afford giving up the sleep. I am not a computer tech, but you wouldn't know it from the amount of time I spend at the computer. wink My partner is a software consultant (I call him partner because I feel too old to say 'boyfriend' - heh). I seem to magnetize toward people who are involved in and interested in computers. A huge number of my friends are people I met online, including the friend who brought me here to Bella - Michelle, who edits Pop Music and MP3/iTunes.

I'm so glad you started posting here, Travis. It's great to meet you!

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
My oldest cat is a Russian Blue and his name is Myst. I named him that because of the dark gray color, like mist. And the spelling of it was just to be a bit different.lol

And then I just inherited a kitten from a friend. She is kind of a dusty and white color. I don't know if I would say tabby, because she's not quite orange. She is named Dakota. I was going for kind of a desert image and Dakota just kinda fit. At least in my head.lol

As for music, I don't generally listen to it often outside of driving in the car or writing. As mentioned above, I'm more visual. But, I'm into progressive rock and alternative with some smatterings of whatever catches my ear. When I'm writing, I generally just listen to the playlist on my Myspace page. BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Travis Belk
Manga/Comics Editor
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
I'm glad your timing worked out when it did! I've always loved Russian Blues. I cat-sat for a friend in college who had one and he was a great cat. smile

(The name of your myspace page is the best!)

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Amoeba
Amoeba
Heh--yeah, love the myspace name. I've got a cat who was always an outside cat--we originally had three outside cats, but the other two got old and died, and then I started feeling sorry for this one. See we live in the country, and we wanted outside cats to be mousers, This cat never was a good mouser-she's more of a Garfield type--anyway, I started feeling sorry for her last winter, brought her in the house, and now she's an indoor/outdoor cat. I just wish I could find a litter box I like. Hard to get used to the litter box.

We have two dogs also and they've merged with the cat very well.
In fact, the cat holds her own quite nicely-lol.

Nice to meet you, Travis!

D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Jill, you sound like a great pet parent! What kinds of dogs do you have?

Danielle
Prime Time TV
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi guys!
I'm Chel.
I'm married with three cats.
We had a Russian Blue who just died. She had a tumor.
That left us with two.
We have Angel who is black and white, and Gus who is white and black.
Two weeks after our RB (Gwen) died, a kitten appeared on our porch. Her name is Abacab Genesis and we call her Abby. She is black and white calico.
I love music - as you can tell. I met Danielle online several years ago at a um . . . fan site!
I am so glad she is here!
Chel

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
We have a Russian Blue! We have a black & white also.
I do a lot of reading about the Russian Blues. Their personalities are different from the other breeds of cats that I have had...

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
I get excited whenever I have a chance to speak about cats..... You also mentioned favorite music and of course shows.... I also like that Nielson from Norway! I was wondering if he had anything out?
We love Heroes, Lost, Boston Legal, Ugly Betty.

D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Hi Chel and BillieCat! Welcome, welcome!

I caught a few episodes of Ugly Betty recently and loved it. Another one for the must-see list.

BillieCat, Kurt Nilsen has two CDs out (I and A Part of Me). They are both excellent. He has another CD coming out soon - the single, Push Push can be heard (and seen!) on YouTube. Check it out!

Last edited by Danielle Primetime TV; 09/26/07 06:13 PM.

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Amoeba
Amoeba
Sorry, Danielle, I missed your last post to me! I have a pomeranian and a collie mix. We got them both at the same time when they were puppies-they're a month apart. They're now almost 8!

D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Oh, I love poms. (I'm tempted to get one just to name it Mr. Muggles. Hee!)

Danielle
Prime Time TV
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi,
I'm another new editor and need to get in on this cat bragging exchange. I've got pictures!
Lilah
and
Lily

I haven't been so excited about anything for a long while as I am about writing movie reviews for Bella.

If you have time, visit my forum. So far all I seem to have are lurkers.

Maeve Maddox
School Reform
Shark
Shark
Well, it sounds as if I might fit in here. I have three cats and am an admitted TV addict as well. LOL. My sister is a movie fanatic (film student) and is always disgusted when I prefer to visit the comfy world of my favorite TV shows rather than indulge in an artsy movie that she has rented for us to watch. I currently follow (or have been wanting the writers to write more of): House, Grey's, Lost (avidly), Boston Legal (where all the star trek actors go to retire), X-Files syndications, Star Trek syndications, Wife Swap, Supernanny (oh yeah!), and just about anything that catches my fancy. I have to really be careful how many shows I get into, too because I am also a single mother of a five year old, a graduate student and hold down three jobs plus am active in my local government, sell books online and am a fiction writer and Bella Editor (teen site). LOL. I multi-task alot. Can you tell?

Shark
Shark
Well, Melissa, I am the new Editor-in-Training for the Prime Time TV site. While I don't have any cats, I am not exactly a cat hater so you should fit in here just fine :-).

Dani Sanders, Prime Time TV Ed.
Prime Time TV Website
Prime Time TV Forum
Shark
Shark
Hi Dani!

Welcome as editor. I hope you are having fun - I know I am. I am just about to graduate from launch to editor status and really love this outlet for my writing.

Melissa

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
I can't wait for the 2 hour special tonight of 24 and the 2 hours of it tomorrow night.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I'm looking forward to 24 also. I read some good reviews that said maybe the series is going to come back strong this season. The last time it was on, I thought it wasn't quite as good.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Danielle, welcome!

I'm not a cat lover, but sure do like to watch TV. Looking forward to your posts and articles.

K
K
Hi Danielle--I'm a new editor here too. And since welcome and cats seems to be the general theme of this thread--I have two, an orange tabby named OC (Orange Cat) and a former runt of the litter now turned super-size black and white cow kitty named Sweet Pea.

I'm currently watching almost all of my prime time television on Hulu, but the two shows I don't miss are Castle and Lie to Me. (I don't think Lie to Me is all that well written but Tim Roth is mesmerizing.)

Katherine Tomlinson
southern Cooking
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Maria - Prime Time TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.