Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Mavis Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
M
It was getting dark by the time I got home from work tonight, but it looks like they've painted everything except the trim. My windows are all still covered up with brown paper, so we're kind of closed in here, but I'm really liking what I've seen. Hopefully the weather holds out and they paint the trim tomorrow.

They also told me this morning that they were going to start working on the floor too. Of course, I didn't have enough notice to get all the furniture out, so they said they would look after that too. I did get out most of the small stuff and all my plants, but left the other stuff for them to move after I went to work. The got all the old flooring ripped out and the new sub floor almost all down. Right now there is so much stuff in my living room that I can hardly move.

Mavis
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Sounds like your house will be done fast! Are you changing the colors? Pictures!!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
M
Mavis Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
M
The outside of the house is staying the same colour. I have vinyl siding on the addition (sunroom) and instead of changing that, I'm matching it again - so beige & brown are the colours. Here is the finished job.

My floor is almost finished too. They removed all the old carpeting and the old hardwood floor that was buckled and in a mess, and they have the new sub floor down and ready for the new flooring. Since this is Thanksgiving weekend here, the earliest they will come to finish up is on Tuesday. Hopefully thats when they will be here because I can hardly move with all the extra furniture in my livingroom. I have enough space to get to my computer with paths to the bird cages.

Mavis
Koala
Koala
It looks very nice Mavis! I bet your floors will look fantastic when they are finished. We are so glad to have the siders gone so we could clean up the yard. They were pretty messy and did pick up but didn't do a great job. This weekend we finished the garage and started painting the base of the house but it was so windy that dirt kept getting in the paint. Hubby says we need a calm day for painting and I tell him right, we live where the wind blows every day!

~anonymous~
M
Mavis Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
M
I'm so glad they got the painting done. I was really getting worried that they left it too late to get done this year, but they picked the right couple of days to get here and get painting.

Once the floor is down (& I'm really hoping that gets done tomorrow), I can just work away at my own projects at my own speed for the whole winter.

Mavis
Koala
Koala
The weather here is beautiful. We slept with the windows open last night and I woke up cold. We worked on painting after hubby got home from work yesterday. I should've worked on it during the day but my sister is coming this weekend and so I was trying to get some things done that I have been putting off for a while. I hung up photos in the stairwell hall and cleaned up the horrible mess in the basement. I have an area down there that has all my handywoman stuff in it and it was just a big old mess! So now it is all clean and tidy. It has been almost 3 years since my sister came here and so I want things to look so nice.

~anonymous~
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Mavis & Connie! You've had so much going on, I can hardly believe it! So sorry to be MIA. My kids & husband all got sick on a kinda rotating basis the last several weeks. Then yours truly got sick. It's been really crazy around here! I think we're all starting to pull out of it. Anyway...I will be catching up on all the posts asap!

Donna smile

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

Koala
Koala
I am sorry to hear your were sick Donna, that is always the way it went here, I would take care of all the sickies and then I would get whatever it was but it would be the worse case! Take care of yourself!

~anonymous~
M
Mavis Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
M
Glad you're feeling better Donna & welcome back! smile

Here is my drum roll! My flooring is finished (except for a couple of small thngs - but I'm still calling it finished! And I love it!

Here is the "before" picture.

Here is 1 "after" picture - with Dakota picking her spot.

Here is the 2nd "after" picture from the other direction - with Chester checking it out.

Now - I just have to get some furniture back in the rooms. The rest of the work is all in my hands, since there is no money left to hire anyone - so it will take awhile.

Mavis
Shark
Shark
Ok, I have to join. My husband's buddy refers to me as the queen of remodel. I say that's good. You have to be queen of something! Is your new floor tile or vinyl? And I love the front veranda Conniem. We are currently building a garage and breezeway. Waiting for contractors, electrical and rain gutters. If it rains one more time I'm going to have to hunt him down. My basement gets damp because of no rain gutters! Then it can make the walls look like your stairway pic. Any suggestions on how to get them to show up?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.