Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#341220 09/15/07 08:27 AM
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I decided to start another thread for my siding saga. Siding work has come to a stand still around here. I think they worked 2 whole days this week. They missed a couple of days because of weather and a couple of days they showed up for a few hours. It has been over 3 weeks and the other day the siding guy says "just wait till next week and you see the house". My husband says maybe he meant that he would come back next week to work--HA. They worked for maybe 1/2 an hour Thursday afternoon. They were yelling at each other so I was wondering if they had a disagreement or something and that was why they left.

We had asked the siding company to price us some guttering for the end of the house where the water was leaking into the basement around the a/c. Just one side of the house was all we wanted the guttering for. The water seems to pool around that a/c area so we figured that guttering would help the water travel away from the house. I think it would help if we removed some of the dirt around the house as it has settled after all there years. The siding guys showed up with the guttering yesterday and no one gave us a price or told us anything except the siding guy would put it up. At first they told us another crew had to come and put up the guttering but then they said the job was too small for them to drive over here and do. So I call and they tell me that it would cost us $1500 but since they had some leftover guttering from a job that is in the warehouse they were throwing it in for free. I am thinking no way that little area of guttering cost that much...I think they feel guilty about the time it is taking to side our house and someone probably already paid for the guttering anyway. The siding salesman had told us it would only take 1 week to do the siding. I wonder what time table he is living by? Maybe 1 week= 6 weeks. The siding installer said 3 weeks. At least we aren't paying them by the hour or we would never be able to afford this!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
conniem #341465 09/16/07 06:20 PM
M
Koala
Koala
M
Oh - how frustrating!
Are they at least getting close to getting it done?

Mavis
Mavis #341546 09/17/07 06:33 AM
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
They did come over the weekend and worked all day both days. Yesterday they worked on the porch most of the day and finished the underside and eaves. They are slowly making progress. They have got all the bottom story sided now and have been working on the eaves. I have photos I need to get processed and post. My mother-in-law and oldest son visited yesterday and they both said it looked very nice.

~anonymous~
conniem #341692 09/17/07 07:26 PM
M
Koala
Koala
M
Well, I'm glad things have picked up again and sure hope they kept at it today and will now until it is finished. I'd love to see some in progress pictures.

Mavis
Mavis #341794 09/18/07 06:48 AM
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
It has been so windy the past few days that the guys didn't get much done besides nailing wood strips to the house. I sure hope the wind dies down so that they can get done! I was hoping they'd be done next week but have my doubts now. I need to go to town and drop my film off so ya'll can see my house!

~anonymous~
conniem #342044 09/19/07 06:49 AM
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
It rained yesterday morning so the guys didn't show up until after lunch. Of course the wind picks up after lunch, but it wasn't as bad as the last few days. At least I got my kitchen painted (except behind the fridge, I didn't think about that until after I had washed up my brushes). So now I can start working on painting the doors and the bottom of the house. I didn't think about the siding not going down all the way to the ground. Right now it is a blue color and I am going to paint it white. Our old trim was blue. The porch is also painted blue and we thought about white (since that is the new trim color) but I think white won't be nice for long on the porch.

~anonymous~
conniem #342346 09/20/07 08:34 AM
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Yesterday morning I asked the guy how much longer until they were done and he told me he had to be done by next Tuesday so they were really going to get busy.

~anonymous~
conniem #342509 09/20/07 05:21 PM
M
Koala
Koala
M
Well - at least they have something to aim for now.

Mavis
Mavis #342624 09/21/07 06:38 AM
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Lol Mavis...they showed up at 9 yesterday and left at noon and didn't come back. Hubby says no way they will be done by next Tuesday.

~anonymous~
conniem #342693 09/21/07 10:04 AM
M
Koala
Koala
M
Oh no.
The thing that would scare me is to wonder if they are moving on to the next job after Tuesday whether they are finished or not.

Hopefully that won't be the case, but I sure hope they spend the whole day there today & each day from now on.

Mavis
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.