Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#338761 09/05/07 09:40 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Currently I'm working on a bracelet that says Pirate Girl for International Talk Like a Pirate day, what are you beading?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Right now I am working on a hat band. I ran out of a color and need to order some more beads.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
J
Koala
Koala
J
I'm starting a new freeform necklace today. I've gathered some great pieces to put together while I was on vacation this summer.

Bead and Button I think had a great article this month on combining stitches into freeform. I've done freeform peyote for years and love it as I don't like following patterns much. This time I want to combine more stitches than peyote.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I like doing freeform too, it's really relaxing. I like following my own patterns sometimes, but a lot of time, I just don't have the patience. Freeform doesn't take the same sort of patience, because if you get bored, you can do something different in the same piece.

ConnieM, I hope you post a picture when you're done! I'd love to see it when it's finished!

J
Koala
Koala
J
ShalasBeads, I agree completely about freeform! I mix different techiniques in one piece, add different colors, whatever, to keep from it's getting boring.

I have a couple amulet bags I started using patterns and never finished because I got bored.

However, I made a couple amulet bags dumping beads into a dish and randomly working them into the design. I have one that is earthy tones, one that's in pinks and purples. Lots more fun!

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I've done a couple quick netted bags in mixed beads, completely random, just stuff I swept off the tray I use for beading, they turned out super colorful and carnival-ish looking. A lot of fun!
I get bored beading some patterns, but others, I just can't wait to see finished. This morning I graphed a Dark Mark bracelet I plan to make for myself at some point. I do love graphing stuff (does it show much?). I just don't always get it made!

Koala
Koala
This is the hat band I finished

My newest project
]

My dad made the loom for me

~anonymous~
J
Koala
Koala
J
Conniem, I see you are from Oklahoma. Do you ever do Native American type beadwork? My husband's family is part Cherokee and I love the beautiful beadwork.

this past August we went to the Smithsonian's new museum on Native Americans and the beadwork section was wonderful!

I am making progress on my freeform necklace but haven't had much time to work on it lately.

Koala
Koala
Hi Joanj...We have a nice display of Native American artifacts at our museum and it is amazing how beautiful their work is (lack of materials) and how wonderful it has held up after all this time. My favorite thing they have is a pair of childs moccasins and they are covered in beads. Lately I have been making a lot of peyote stitch bracelets with delicas. They have a flower motif and bicones. They turn out really pretty.

I had started doing hat bands because my dad is involved in Single Action Shooting and they all dress up authentic 1880s style and I wanted to make him something home made to wear. I had went to a junk store and dug throught their button cache and was able to find really old buttons for his shirt my mom made.

You will have to post some photos of your work. I love seeing other people's work!

~anonymous~
J
Koala
Koala
J
I've been to some of the Shooting events where they dress up in authentic style and they are lots of fun. Everywhere I go, of course, I look at beadwork.

Yes, it is amazing how well it has stood up over time.

I haven't figured out how to post photos-lol I do have some tho.

Last edited by joanj; 10/13/07 09:19 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ShalasBeads 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.