Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I also use 'quiet time' when working with kids in the schools ...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
that was my faverate part of the day because the other kids could not talk and poke fun at me and i could close my eyes and make them all go away in very creative ways!!! say the magic word and POOF they were all rocks or butterflys or whatever i wanted them to be!

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
cool!

C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Freebubbles, why did the kids make fun of you? don't answer if you don't feel comfortable sharing. I'm curious. kids can be so cruel.

I'm just learning to meditate. I know some folks don't have to 'learn' to meditate, but it's something I've never done till about 3 months ago and it is difficult fo rme to discipline my mind to relax and not let 'rubbish' in. I think you all know wha tI mean. Anyway....I'm going to work on Susan's lesson and see what happens. I just recently received the Munay Ki rites and meditation came easily during the ceremonies, but now that I'm on my own, it's become difficult again.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Connidee - guided meditation tapes may help ...

Koala
Koala
oh were to start...well I was fat and I had glasses for a time that i didnt need so I ran into things (I was dyslexic and there for the eye charts were no accurit) I was deslexic and could not read out loud although I could read to myself but I hated it so much because of course the teachers think you have to read out loud or you dont know who.... then the fact that my father died before i started school so the other kids moms called me a basturd so the kids did to (well until i found out what the word ment and almost beat the pulp out of a kid twice my size...) My aunt was a teacher...

the kids had alot of reasons to pick on me. that way during quite time I turned them into rock or butterflys the ones that i turned into butterflies I like because they said something nice at somepoint in time and that made them nice no matter how roiten they were....the others I turned to rocks and put on a rail road track and the train ran over them!!!! (my dad was a rail roader and worked as a forman on the mantaince crew and we liked to take rocks or a penny and put on the track then watchfly from far off then try to find it. I never could but it kept me busy!!!) during quiet time I just had the tain run them over and if I really got mad at them i would find the rock and have the train run it over and over and over.......and over... yeah I had a lot of anger issues! LOL

if you are more auditory then the tapes will help or chanting but if you are visual then try getting a picture to focus on
or if your more touchy feely try prayer beads or it you are emotional try focusing in on one emotion like joy, happyness and love.....

hope this helps!

C
Gecko
Gecko
C
freebubbles,
I don't know what to say. My heart is open to you, I hope you'll come inside. You've had a rough time of it; I don't understand the cruelty children display these days. i don't remember children treating other children so hatefully when I was young (that was about a hundred years ago.....)I sounds like you've recovered from being victimized, but I don't reckon you ever forget. You're a hero and a survivor! Kudos to you!
Love and blessings,
Conni
Oh....thanks for the meditation info. I'll work on it. Have you heard of the Munay Ki rites?

Koala
Koala
I thank you for your kind words and invatation and I will except only if you except the same from me.

I have never forgotten how they treated me but it has made me a better and kinder person....more understanding.

I have not heard of the Kunay Ki rites...what are they?

Koala
Koala
ok i looked it up and found this site...

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Now, see, meditation is a practical way to de-stress and get beyond the negativity life throws our way at times - for kids and adults, alike!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Susan Helene Kramer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.