logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Shark
Shark
Duane, I totally agree with you on this one, especially this part of your response "As has been pointed out by me before, the two (religious evangelizing and child evangelizing) do share many characteristics." Many religious people and childed people are constantly trying to convince those of us who are firmly on the other side to "try it, you'll like it", even if they're not completely happy in their decisions. Misery loves company indeed.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: LSUTiger00
"try it, you'll like it"

We should just respond "I do not like Green Eggs and Ham." I would not like children on a bus, a train, in a box or in the rain.

I think some people hate it, and put on a brave face. I think some people like it even though it makes them crazy. Some people crave constant drama. Go figure! I think the parents that push it the most like it the least, probably.

Save your own life - don't have kids!
F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
Yup. Did you guys see this one?

08.30.07 5:15p
I always knew I wasn't cut out to be a mother. But as I started to get older, I caved in and listened to everyone who said I would regret it and it's totally different when it's "your child" and that motherhood changes everything. It sure does. Of course I love my son, but I want my old life back. It was great the way it was. Now I have to pretend pretend pretend to be this great mom. I feel so guilty and worthless. Thank God my husband loves being a dad.

me too (7)

Wow. This sounds so much like me, though on the path untravelled. It continues to blow my mind when I read these, and it's a huge relief to know I'm not crazy or wrong to be doubtful of the Bingo's, even from those closest to me.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yeah, we all have our own instincts for a reason. I don't think we can follow some else's instincts, it just doesn't make sense. If they feel compelled to get pregnant, fine. But I just don't feel it, and never have. Never.

Save your own life - don't have kids!
Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Duane_Va
Ok -- some religious people do that as well. As has been pointed out by me before, the two (religious evangelizing and child evangelizing) do share many characteristics.

Mother Theresa? That she could have had such doubts and remained a nun (much less the leader of an order) is a sure sign that she literally saw no other choice. Just go along to get along...

Parenthood is really a secular religion, of late.

I'm happy to be a heathen on any and all fronts, thanks. If your life/afterlife is/will be so great, then please, by all means, enjoy.

(One of the reasons I adore my Jewish friends. No prosylitizing, ever. In Judaism, it's not allowed!).

Meet CF couples and singles in your city!

Browse a list of CF Meetups on Meetup.com:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Parakeet
Parakeet
That's the way I am... child-free and $deity free. The Mother Theresa issue stuff did surprise me. If anything, it should show that not everyone who says "I am a believer of (whatever)" really, truly, deep down, believes it -- some may just "go with it" because they feel they have no choice. I think the world would be a better place if those who really have doubts say so.

But no one asks me smile

Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: LSUTiger00
Duane, I totally agree with you on this one, especially this part of your response "As has been pointed out by me before, the two (religious evangelizing and child evangelizing) do share many characteristics." Many religious people and childed people are constantly trying to convince those of us who are firmly on the other side to "try it, you'll like it", even if they're not completely happy in their decisions. Misery loves company indeed.

I agree with this but while sometimes in religions you are told you MUST try to convert people, you know or they might go to hell or whatever bollix, I don't understand why the childed sometimes try to convert us?! I'm not going to a (fictitious) hell for my decision!! I mean, hey I'm in childfree HEAVEN baby! And I'm STAYING there!

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.