logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I have heard from a few folks who were on birth control pills for 10 plus years that it took them 6 months or more to get their period back after going off the pills.

Have any of you had the same experience?

Ellen
Bella Online Conception Editor

Ellen Winick
Conception
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I was on bc for less then that. I was off for 3 months and got pregnant with my daughter. I was also in my late 20's when that happened too so that may make a difference as well.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I was really lucky. I had taken birth control pills for just over 10 years. I stopped them, the first month I had my period just like normal, my husband was gone at the time I was supposed to ovulate. I got pregnant the second month after I stopped taking the pill.

The only time I EVER missed a period since I started way back in 8th grade, was when I was pregnant...lucky ME.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
i have had wierd ones all my life. i was very surprised each time i got pregnant because i was told at 18 after a miscarriage I would never be able to carry a baby to term. Talk about heart break. But I was pleasantly surprised both times we tried.

C
OP Offline
C
Jeanette & Lisa,

I'm so glad neither of you had any trouble getting pregnant after the pill. Were your periods regular before you went on the pill?

I'm curious to know if there is enough widespread problem out there to request research on the connection between fertility and having been on birth control pills for an extended period of time.

The birth control pill manufacturers say it can take some time to get back your period, but there is no promise about how long or short that might be or how to predict for any particular individual.

Thanks for your replies,

Ellen

Ellen Winick
Conception
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
The only time my periods are regular and predicatable is if I am on the pill.I started the pill 7 years ago after I had my son. I took it for about 2 years, got preggers with the daughter and got back on it 4 1/2 years ago after I had her. There is only one kind of pill I can take or else I bleed constantly. I thought I was having a miscarriage in June 2004 because my midwife changed my ppill because I was having headaches really bad. I bled for5 weeks. Getting pregnant with my daughter was intentional. I was surprised that I did so quickly because the midwife said it could take 6 months to 18 months for my body to readjust and become pregnant.

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I had always heard that being on birth control pills could contribute. I had also heard that being on the pill and getting pregnant right after can also raise your risk of mulitple births.

I have a friend right now who has been off birth control for some time and can't get pregnant. They are going to put her on medication to regulate her period.

L
L
Ok I have a quesion?? I was on the pill for 4 years, I got pregnant while on the pill in Feb, I miscarried in March. I stayed off the pill until June. The pill started to make me sick, so the doctor gave me a new pill brand perscription. So I went off the pill the end of june when I got my period. I got my period again July 27th. I am still not on any birth control, and my period is 7 days late. My periods we always regular, I have taken like 5 pregnancy tests, and they all say negative. When I was pregnant back in Feb, the tests did not say positive until 14 days late. Am I pregnant, or could there just be something wrong? I have been keeping track of my cervix and it has been closed for 4 weeks. And I have a very active sex life. Please help.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Your best bet is to just go to the doctor as home pregnancy kits sometimes can't tell you are pregnant for 2 weeks after conception. A doc or midwife can look at your cervix or even do a sonogram to determine pregnancy.

Moderated by  Stacy - Conception 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.