logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Koala
Koala
That is great Mavis...so you have wood floors they are refinishing for you? I bet it is going to be gorgeous when they are done and way faster than if you did it yourself. You must live in a larger area as we live in a small town and there is no one local that does anything at all. It is so bad that when we needed a plummer we called and 2 different ones asked if they had worked for us before and when I said no then they said they couldn't work for us. I even offered cash money as soon as they were finished. I think there is maybe 3 different plummers and they are all just covered up with work. And handymen, there aren't any around here either.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Mavis Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
M
Yes, I live in a fairly large city, so I do have a good selections of businesses to deal with. When I was getting estimates for all the jobs, I had tons of people wandering around here for a couple of days. I was going to hire different companies for the different jobs, but the one place I picked was the only one that showed up for the bathroom reno, and by combining the jobs, they gave me a good estimate for the whole thing. They have been in business for many years and have a good reputation also.

Actually, my livingroom and diningroom both have hardwood floors, but the ones in the diningroom are in extremely bad shape - warped and very thin, so refinishing wasn't an option. They will be removing the hardwood from there and the carpet from the sunroom and fixing the join between the rooms and levelling it all before installing tiles.

Mavis
Koala
Koala
Tiles...we had ceramic tile at our last house and I loved it. We had it in our dining room and kitchen and laundry room and the only thing you had to be careful about was spilling water on the floor because that tile was slick when wet!

~anonymous~
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Hi Mavis,
Your sidewalk looks great! You must be thrilled to have your bathroom done. Sounds wonderful.

What colors are you painting the other rooms and what kind of flooring is going down?

Remember...I'm a detail girl. smile I can't handle hearing someone is going to paint without at least giving me a color! smile

Donna

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

M
Mavis Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
M
OK Donna - details, just for you! smile

The livingroom and diningroom have "oyster" colour ceilings (diningroom ceiling not done yet - this weekend), the livingroom walls have "sea sponge" colour (almost finished) with "puppy paws" trim (again not finished because I have a bunch of other stuff in my livingroom and not enough room to move furniture around). The diningroom walls have a mix of "oyster" and "sea sponge" to give a slightly lighter colour than the livingroom walls (finished) with the same trim as the livingroom (finished). Now if you don't know what these colours are, they are various shades of beige (almost white for the ceilings). I haven't picked out the paint for the back porch - but it will be a light grey once I get all the holes patched. I also haven't decided on the colours for the upstairs rooms.

The flooring for the LR & SR are beige/brown/white tiles.

Mavis
Koala
Koala
Mavis...I really needed you to help me pick my beige color lol! I ended up with 5 gallons (because it was way cheaper) of pinkie beige but it has grown on us!

~anonymous~
M
Mavis Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
M
LOL - isn't it amazing how many beiges there are!

Mavis
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Hi Mavis!
Thanks for sharing your paint colors! Now what do you mean by "puppy paws" trim? Did you paint puppy paws on the trim? Or is that a term I just am completely unfamiliar with? Should I google it before I completely embarrass myself? blush

Our last house we had the builder paint the walls antique white and the trim white. They usually just blast in with all white. But, that slight contrast made the rooms look almost pale yellow. It was pretty.

Donna smile

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

M
Mavis Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
M
smile Puppy paws is the name of the colour Donna. Its in the same colour strip as the other colours.

But - maybe I should paint puppy paws on the trim - LOL - maybe a combination of puppy paws and bird prints. smile

Mavis
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
LOL, Mavis. I forgot I asked that question! smile Yes, puppy paws and bird prints would be a cool idea! smile I'm looking back at your earlier post and now seeing the "sea sponge" and "puppy paws" realizing now that you were talking colors. See...I told ya (in another post) that things have been crazy here! Taking care of everyone I've been running on vapors and I guess my brain got affected. laugh

Happy Belated Thanksgiving, by the way! Do you feast on turkey like we do...what is the traditional fare there?

Donna smile

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.