Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
H
Shark
Shark
H
It felt like a great achievement when I left smoking.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Haridas, it WAS a great achievement! I felt the same way, too! It's been 28 years since I smoked.

Lala, I am so proud of you and your husband! Keep it up! I agree that the stink we carry with us after being around people who smoke, or especially in their houses, is HORRIBLE!

And, yes, we do become smoke-free freaks, trying to help others stop. My dad always said that there was nothing worse than a reformed smoker; that was after HE quit, my brother and I both stopped smoking, but then he went back. We would tell him how much it stunk and how bad they were for him, so that is what he would tell us. wink

But, we remained smoke free and it feels so good to say that!

Trish

H
Koala
Koala
H
Congratulations to all of you. It is, indeed, a great achievement. smile

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Way to go ladies!!!!

Rosie L
H
Shark
Shark
H
Those who leave smoking consider smokers as weak in mind.

Zebra
Zebra
I don't consider smokers "weak in mind" haridas. I consider them addicted. Just as I was. There's a big difference.

H
Shark
Shark
H
Agree.

Parakeet
Parakeet
"My dad always said that there was nothing worse than a reformed smoker..."

Would you believe that I say that, too? And that I'm dreadfully afraid that I might become one of those sanctimonious ex-smokers, too? I have personally met a total of 2 ex-smokers who weren't obnoxious about it, one of which I just met today. I don't want to become like the majority of them.

But I am going to quit. I'm going the slow and easy way. Gradually cutting down, with no hard and fast quit date in mind. I've regressed a couple of times, but overall, I'm still making progress.

The money I spend on smokes is pretty much the last luxury left in my tight budget, and with my fiance and I both cutting down, even that is lessening. Basically, I think I need a new vice! Ice cream, anyone? wink

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
I can't wait until the day I can say I've been a non smoker for 28 years! that's incredible and Im even proud of those who go 1 day or a week without! Its a wonderful accomplishment and I think thats one thing that keeps me going, is knowing that its not just giving something up, its an accomplishment and one that will benefit me and others for the rest of my life!!!

My mom hasnt quit yet.. she's cut down a bit but hasn't kicked it yet.. she doesnt believe she can do it! frown

lala21 #354705 11/17/07 02:07 AM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
myrabeth, I hope that I don't come across as an obnoxious ex-smoker, but I do "fan" away the smoke as I walk past smokers when I am entering a smoke-free environment. wink One day you WILL say "That's it. I'm finished with these", and then you will quit. The first few days and weeks are hard to resist just having ONE, but if you have diversions for those few minutes, then you will ALSO be a non-smoker. smile

lala, every day that you don't smoke is a WONDERFUL day! And guess what? It all adds up, so don't say that you can't wait for that day to say 28 years, because it will mean that you aren't so young anymore. If you never light one cigarette and take it to your mouth, you will never smoke again. You ARE a non-smoker, girlfriend!! Good for you! laugh

Trish

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.