Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Rachel_SpanishCult
Hi both,

I live in Jaen.

That's beside the point, I'd like to say well done Kate on using the language. Excellent, so many Brits come here and make no effort whatsoever.

I'm really intrigued by your crotchet with wire, do you have any pics or articles up?

Hi Rachel!

You're right, talking about people who come here with no idea about Spanish... but they usually come here to spend some days at summer, although lately, they come here to live, when retired.

But... I'm proud to say I have one online student from Birmingham (UK) who's learning Spanish, and believe me, he really cares about it, and so great for me the efforts he mades to learn everyday!! smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
That's fantastic thankyou!

I've also written out a list of the likely things that I will get asked and am desperately learning these words. Trouble is I find pronunciation difficult too - we nearly ended up with a sack of flour being delivered by a bemused builders merchant (who also runs the churros stall) instead of sand!

Still it is all good experience. This will be the first craft fare that I have done in Spain so it will be an education all round!

Rachel - I'm just finishing a crown and neckpiece in the extremadura colours which I am using as a center piece for the table, I'll take a pic when it is finished!

I agree that learning Spanish is so important. I'm getting better on the day to day things - but this craft fare just stumped me. Lots of these words don't feature in my volcab at the moment!!

I'll let you know how it goes (just hope that it stops raining!)

Kate

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
�Hola Kate!

About that vocabulary, please tell me so that I can help you. And if you agree, we could even meet online using Skype or similar so that I can tell you how to pronounce those words/sentences, ok?

By the way... Where and when the craft fare??? :-)

Hasta pronto,

K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Hello there - I've been off line as I was busy getting ready for the craft fare. It was excellent - I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I don't know if it is typical celebration during san juan, however the fare was luna al fuego and the theme was medieval (not having any suitable clothes i wore made a skirt from a pair of curtains and although I nearly boiled, it looked ok).

My stall was successful - although I didn't sell much, I did meet lots of people and best of all I received an offer from a lady to train her and a couple of friends how to crochet with wire, and if it works then we'll look at extending this. She teaches 'manualidad' and this will really help me with my Spanish, and I don't find it too bad when i am talking in context.

Lots of people took my leaflet and card - and if I had been doing demonstrations or selling kits I would have even more interest. People who couldn't crochet wanted to know how, and those that could wanted to know how to do this. So I am going to write to the organisers and volunteer to do workshops with children next year.

I was unprepared for what a long day it was (it didn't end till gone 12) and I didn't expect it to empty for siesta. About 3 in the afternoon I realised that not only were there no visitors, but there were no stall holders either!!

My only disaster was when I told someone apparently that I had made something when I was a small donkey - I had thought I was saying that I made something when I was bored, however it gave everyone lots of fun and very much broke the ice with the other stall holders.

So thankyou once again with the help with the translation, it was really useful having something there which i could give away, and also use as a prompt when speaking.

And thankyou for the offer of further help - I will find that useful. By the way - do you have any suggestions or tips for rolling our 'r's. Neither my husband or I can do this and this is one of the problems we have in being understood, our 'r's just disappear.

Adios

Kate

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
�Hola Kate!

So nice to know everything was so great! What an experience! And of course, you're welcome. So, if you need more help, please let me know.

About the rolling "r", some students of mine got it, but with a lot of practice! Ummmm.... I could investigate and write an article about that! You know, I learned that some 40 years ago, when I started speaking! haha! I'll let you know, ok?

Have a nice day... or night! ;-)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.