Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Hello - I wonder if someone here would be kind enough to help me with a bit of translation. I have been invited to take part in a local craft market which I am delighted about - however my Spanish language skills are somewhat further behind my crochet skills! I am trying to prepare some literature explaining that I make jewellery from crocheted and knitted wire.

If I was to post my first attempts here - would someone cast an eye over please...?

Thankyou

Kate

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Please, Kate, post it here and I'll (we'll) try to help you!

wink

K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Thankyou, that would be fantastic. I have a couple of questions before I start!

How do I turn Ganchillo (Crochet) and Punto (Knitting) into verbs. For instance 'I crochet with wire'.

and secondly - is the correct term for silver plated "plateado plata"

and one last one - is there a term other than joyeria which describes costume jewellery?

Thankyou ever so much - I really appreciate your help!

Kate

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Kate_Crochet
Thankyou, that would be fantastic. I have a couple of questions before I start!

How do I turn Ganchillo (Crochet) and Punto (Knitting) into verbs. For instance 'I crochet with wire'.

and secondly - is the correct term for silver plated "plateado plata"

and one last one - is there a term other than joyeria which describes costume jewellery?

Thankyou ever so much - I really appreciate your help!

Kate

Hola Kate,

Ok, let's go with your questions! :-)

The verb for Ganchillo (at least here, in Spain) is "hacer ganchillo", which would be literally "To make/do crochet". So your example could be translated as: "(Yo) hago ganchillo con... " (Note that you can ommit "yo" if you prefere, it is not necesary) (With wire? I'm not very familiar with crochet, but here, wire makes no sense to me, as the general translation for Wire is Alambre or Cable...

And about Punto, it's the same: "hacer punto" but you can also use the verb "tejer".
Well, "hacer punto" is, let's say, more general, as in sentences such "yo hago punto todo el d�a", but if you are going to give instructions, I'd used "tejer", for instance: "Tejer tres vueltas del derecho y una vuelta del rev�s" or "tejer un punto del derecho y tres puntos del rev�s".

Your second question:

Is the correct term for silver plated "plateado plata"?

According to WordReference.com, "silver plated" will be simply translated as: plateado.

--> silver plated - plateado BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Gracias - I'll try and put this all into some sort of sentences - which will hopefully make sense!

I've taken a look at wordreference.com. Wow - what a resource!

Thankyou once again to take the time out to help.

Kate

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
De nada, Kate!

Anyway, please, feel free to post it here, so that I can take a look at it, if you want, ok?

And yes! Wordreference.com is great! wink

�Hasta pronto!

K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Phew - finished! I'd be extremely grateful if you could cast your eye over this and just check that I haven't inadvertently used any rude words or insulted anyone!! I know that it won't be perfect by anymeans - but hopefully I will have been able to get the message across as to what it is I actually do!

Here goes...

Yo hago bisuteria usando technicas tradicionales de ganchillo y punto. Yo trabajo con plata fina, plateado o otre alambres, gemas y cuentas de crystal y produco un rango de objetos bellos y raros.

Estoy qualificada en el Reino Unido para trabajar con plata y otros metales. Esto, combinado con mi passion por el punto y ganchillo ha dado lugar a la creacion de objectos de bisuteria original. Trabajando de me taller, en mi nueva casa circa Zafra en la sur de Extremadura, disfuto explorando technicas tradicionales y aplicandos las estilos contemporares.

Me encanta trabajar con el alambre - trae una nueva dimensi�n a mi trabajo. Encuentro que el alambre acent�a las torceduras y las vueltas de las puntadas y permite que la naturaleza intrincada del trabajo se nuestre. La inclusi�n de cuentas y de gemas realza el trabajo y trae un cierto inter�s adicional. La gama de la joyer�a incluye pendientes, collares y <<not sure how to describe headwear>> tal como tiara y coronas - buena para las ocasiones especiales tales como bodas. Todo el metal usado es <<not sure how to say nickel free - n�quel libremente??>>, y gemas compradas a reputados provedor. As� como los art�culos, que estan hoy a la venta me plazco muy tomar a comisiones y hacer art�culos a su propia especificaci�n. Por favor email yo para m�s informaci�n.

What I hope to have said is...

I make jewellery using the traditional needlecraft techniques of crochet and knitting. I work with very fine silver, silver plated or other wires, gemstone and glass beads, and produce a range of beautiful and unusual jewellery items.

I am a trained metalsmith with qualifications achieved in the UK for working with silver and other metals. This, combined with my lifelong passion for knitting and crochet, has resulted in the creation of some unusual jewellery items. Working from my workshop in my new home near Zafra in southern Extremadura, I enjoy exploring traditional techniques and applying them to contemporary styles.

I enjoy working with wire � it brings a new dimension to my work. I find that the wire accentuates the twists and turns of the stitches and allows the intricate nature of the work to be showcased. The inclusion of beads and gemstones enhances the work and brings some additional interest.

The range of jewellery includes earrings, necklaces and headwear such as tiara�s and crowns � great for special occasions such as weddings.

All the metal used is nickel free, and gemstones bought from reputable suppliers.

As well as the items for sale today, I am very happy to take commissions and to make items to your own specification. Please email me for more information.

Thankyou HUGELY for your help!

Kate

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Hey, hey, hey!!! :-)

So... you're living in Extremadura!! Didn't notice until now! :-) You know, I live in Castilla y Le�n.

Ok, it's late now, but I think I can post here my comments, maybe tomorrow, or, in case you prefer, I can e-mail you the text, as you want, ok?

(Anyway, it looks pretty good!) wink

Bye! �Adi�s!

R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
Hi both,

I live in Jaen.

That's beside the point, I'd like to say well done Kate on using the language. Excellent, so many Brits come here and make no effort whatsoever.

I'm really intrigued by your crotchet with wire, do you have any pics or articles up?

Rachel, Spanish Cult Ed
Andalucia Holidays

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Angeles F. - Spanish language Host
Hey, hey, hey!!! :-)

So... you're living in Extremadura!! Didn't notice until now! :-) You know, I live in Castilla y Le�n.

Ok, it's late now, but I think I can post here my comments, maybe tomorrow, or, in case you prefer, I can e-mail you the text, as you want, ok?

(Anyway, it looks pretty good!) wink

Bye! �Adi�s!

Hi! Finally, here it is! Red words are "wrong" ;-) and blue ones are my corrections. Hope it helps but if you need anything else, please tell me.

Yo hago bisuteria usando technicas t�cnicas tradicionales de ganchillo y punto. (Yo - you can ommit it here) Trabajo con plata fina, plateado o u otre otros alambres, gemas y cuentas de crystal cristal y produco (I'd say "realizo") un rango (and here, I'd say " tipo" ) de objetos bellos y raros.

Estoy qualificada cualificada en el Reino Unido para trabajar con plata y otros metales. Esto, combinado con mi passion pasi�n por el punto y el ganchillo ha dado lugar a la creacion creaci�n de objectos objetos de bisuter�a original. Trabajando de me desde mi taller, en mi nueva casa circa cerca de Zafra en la el sur de Extremadura, disfuto explorando technicas t�cnicas tradicionales y aplicandos aplicando las los estilos contemporares contempor�neos.

Me encanta trabajar con el alambre - trae una nueva dimensi�n a mi trabajo. Encuentro que el alambre acent�a las torceduras y las vueltas de las puntadas y permite que la naturaleza intrincada del trabajo se nuestre muestre. La inclusi�n de cuentas y de gemas realza el trabajo y trae un cierto inter�s adicional. La gama de la joyer�a incluye pendientes, collares y <<not sure how to describe headwear>> art�culos para la cabeza / el cabello tal como tiaras y coronas - buena buenas para las ocasiones especiales tales como bodas. Todo el metal usado es <<not sure how to say nickel free - n�quel libremente??>> sin niquel, y gemas compradas a reputados provedor proveedores. As� como los art�culos, que estan est�n hoy a la venta, me plazco muy tomar a comisiones me encantaria recibir pedidos y hacer art�culos a su propia especificaci�n de acuerdo a sus propios gustos. Por favor email yo env�enme un e-mail para m�s informaci�n.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.