Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
das #318501 05/31/07 08:50 AM
D
das Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
I am making these posts with faith that they will be taken in good spirit. If anybody feels that I may be talking wrongly, please tell me. I will stop posting on this thread.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
das #318511 05/31/07 09:29 AM
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Hi Das, it's Percy here. (writing under Patience's ID!)

I have no problems with what you post. None at all.

The only times I get stroppy are when someone argues something which simply is not true. And I mean 'true to facts known and documented'.

I'm happy to listen to opinions, and respect differences. But I don't like it when anyone twists the truth.

Don't worry matie, you don't do that!

Percy.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

patience #318512 05/31/07 09:32 AM
D
das Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Thanks Percy. Let us discuss more about words and personalities.

das #318521 05/31/07 09:55 AM
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Sure! Go right ahead. I'll be on line for a bit longer before heading off to bed!

Percy.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

das #318560 05/31/07 12:29 PM
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: das
Alexandra, about you if you permit.

I have many observations but I will make one now.

Are you not fanatic about Buddhism?
Can you take real vicious criticism of Buddhism calmly?
You may say yes, but I think you will not.

Das, thank you for your comment.

No I'm not fanatical about Buddhism - certainly not to the point fo fanaticism such as that by texasDave and all his other alter-egos.
But I am a sincere Buddhist, and I do take the teachings to heart, and the whole point of Buddhism to me is not merely to follow it, but to practise, practise and practise.
i am sincerely sorry if you feel I am fanatical, but it's not Buddhism I am fanatical about so much, as knowing that what it has taught me, works. There are aspects of Buddhism - such as some Zen Traditions and teachings, for example - that I cannot follow because they do not suit my style of practise. but they suit others. So they are neither 'wrong' nor 'right'.

Why would anyone want to "viciously criticise" anything?

What "vicious criticism" of Buddhism would you have, Das?

Criticise by all means, but constructively, not viciously. What would be the point in being confrontational for the sake of it?
If criticism is due, and justified, of course it is valid. but if someone criticises Buddhism, and I feel they are not entirely correct, or that our viewpoints differ, and I can explain why, why would I not try to put my view forward?

I have never deliberately set out to hurt, wound, insult or injure anyone with what I say. Everything I have communicated has been with the sincere desire to demonstrate the suffering of attachment and the delusion of sadness and pain, and the imprisoning trickery of Fear.
My intentions have always been well-meaning and conveyed with genuine affection.

I have always spoken with the sincere desire to convey the reality of happiness to all who have engaged with me.
if i have failed in that, then i am truly saddened.

Alexandra #318731 06/01/07 02:22 AM
D
das Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Alexandra, I have no criticism of Buddhism.
that was hypothetical question.
I am nothing compared to Lord Buddha who was an incarnation of Lord Vishnu.

I was talking more about personalities.
Nothing else.
If you can give feedback about the question- can we judge people by their words?
You are most welcome.

patience #318733 06/01/07 02:26 AM
D
das Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Originally Posted By: patience
Sure! Go right ahead. I'll be on line for a bit longer before heading off to bed!

Percy.

Sorry Percy.

I could not talk yesterday on this thread.
I was very disturbed about patience breaking her toe.
And my net connection was erratic.

das #318740 06/01/07 03:38 AM
Zebra
Zebra

I was talking more about personalities.
Nothing else.
If you can give feedback about the question- can we judge people by their words?
You are most welcome.

I have already answered the question, das, earlier in the thread. smile

das #318759 06/01/07 07:57 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Alexandra, your post answers many imp. points.
My question is little different.....

On this forum, I have found that somebody always acts as if she knows everything.
I am not naming. It may well be me.

Now, that lady acts as if she is here to tell others about what to do and how to behave and so on, as if she is taking a class of primary school students, what does it tell you about that person?

That person may be suffering from inferiority complex and needs to assert herself at every point. I hope you get me....

Words have tremendous power and they may give away a person. Can we discuss more?

Yes, but could you be more specific therefore about what it is you want to really know?

have you approached this lady directly, put your findings to her, and asked her for feed-back, person-to-person?
Until you do, you will only get views and opinions from others, not direct concrete answers providing a solution, because nobody can speak for her.

especially without knowing who she is.

So I would, if you want to know her character, suggestthat you do as I outlined in my first post.

Examine her intentions, and examine the consistency of her posts. Examine whether her inputs are always in the same line, or whether she "blows hot and cold."

Should you choose to speak with her personally, and highlight your opinions to her, her response to you will also reveal her true temperament. If she responds kindly and gratefully, and tries to explain herself to you, then you know that she is genuine.
If on the other hand, she becomes defensive, rude and is insulted - then perhaps she has different colours....

How's that?

Last edited by Alexandra; 06/01/07 07:59 AM.
Alexandra #318768 06/01/07 08:29 AM
D
das Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
I will try. Thank you.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.