Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
I think that's very true, some of us are night people, while others are morning. My dad is very much a night owl, while my mom is up at 5 am every morning, whether she wants to be or not. She just can't sleep in past then. And she's usually in bed before 10. But my dad and I have always gone to bed later, and always sleep right until we have to get up. My mom is a light sleeper while my dad and I are very heavy sleepers. On another topic, my dad and I dream alot, remember our dreams, and they are very realistic, while my mom doesn't dream too often, or at least just doesn't remember them very well. I definitely take after my dad, in so many ways. I look like my mom, but just like my dad.

I don't hate my job, it's just that it's a very physical job. It's tiring. Draining. And I'm really looking forward to going back to school, but that's not for another year and a bit, so that makes it hard to want to work when I'm waiting for something I want more. Also, at work lately, there has been soo much going on that it's becoming a little stressful mentally, not just physically.

My husband and I are in the middle of a move right now, lots of packing and cleaning to get done so I'll have to start my new bedtime at the end of the week, when Im all settled in our new place on Saturday. Yay, change is good smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
Koala
Koala
H
Hello, iwonder! smile

I guess i feel there are a number of things that go into being a morning person or a night person. What kind of exercise we do and what kind of food we eat and when, what our attitudes are about the day and what our work is like all affects what time of day we'll have the most energy, and these things can be changed.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
It is very frustrating being night person, sometimes. It drives me nuts when my insomnia gets so bad that I've gone a week or more without sleep - yet I'm not supposed to take a nap during the day because that might make it worse.

Sometimes I jut have to give in because I get dangerous on the road and/or my migraines become impossible without sleep.

I've never had a good circadium rhythm, though. For as long as i can remember, at least all the way back to high school, it is easier for me to sleep when the sun is UP. I've often joked that I am really a vampire - especially when you consider how easily I burn - LOL! I do love garlic, though...

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
I think that we should sleep during the day if we do not sleep during the nights.

H
Koala
Koala
H
Perhaps you feel safer and more relaxed when the sun is shining. I had a housemate who slept with as many as ten lights on in her room. I don't know how she could do it, but for her, that was more comfortable.

It's almost 2:30 a.m. here. I really intended to get in a bath at 11 and in bed by midnight, but i think i got unsettled thinking about the past.

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
I'm like that with the lights! lol... and it drives my husband crazy! he needs the room very dark and quiet. Im able to fall asleep easier when it's light out. Thats why whenever I have a nap, I fall asleep instantly, but at night it takes me up to an hour or more to fall asleep unless I have lights on or the tv or music on. So my husband went out and bought me a nice bright night light lol and got me some batteries and headphones for my discman.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I must be weird (no kdding, LOL!)

Because even if I sleep better during the day-time, it still has to be completely dark in my room. I either have to wear a mask or sleep with a pillow over my head. Of course, I've really only been so sensitive to te light since my migraines started (only- HA! 15 years now...)

I really need to get a set of those black out drapes, because right now I have garbage bags over my windows - under my drapes!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Parakeet
Parakeet
Michelle, you might want to try wearing tinted glasses. Ever since my eye doctor put me in lenses with a tint of about 1, I rarely - if at all - have light sensitivity - even when I have a migraine.

Julie

Shark
Shark
As long as my husband doesn't snore, I sleep well most of the time. I'm a terrible napper, two to three hours sometimes! But if I nap I'm up until midnight, 1 am. I don't like the light or noise at night time. But I like to go to bed at 10:30, seems to work the best, which is in about 3 minutes. It'll be a lil later tonight!

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
I haven't been going to bed on time lately... but I also haven't been able to fall asleep very easily so I guess I stay up late hoping that the later I go to bed, the easier it wil be to fall asleep... And I still am not getting up any earlier than before I moved. Still only giving myself 10-15 minutes to get ready in the morning. I had so many goals and plans for after we moved, and the only one I've accoplished is the quitting smoking thing. Everything else hasn't changed. Healthier eating, exercise, sleeping better, going to bed/getting up at the same time everyday... it's got to change!

Tonight, bedtime is 10:30!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.