Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Here's an interesting article on dietary modifications to decrease your risk of breast cancer:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
Koala
Koala
H
Actually one of the very best things to do to lower your risk of breast cancer is to walk every day for half an hour. I think it lowers your risk by almost half if i remember right... and what's amazing is it does this even if you have previously HAD breast cancer! One of my friends who had breast cancer was told by her doctor to start walking every day up until her surgury, and then three weeks following surgury he wanted her at it again.

Walking can do so much for all of us.. please walk!

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
A recent research suggests that reducing fat around tummy may prevent cancers.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
That's right - both of your suggestions. It's also known now that it's better to be fit and fat and than unfit and skinny. In other words, even if you have a little extra wegith, if you excercise regularly you will be btter off than a person who happens to be thin but never gets out for those walks! Of course, das, as you point out, how you carry weight is also a factor.

And our diets affect our chances as well... Check out his suggested diet to reduce risk of cancer. Even if it doesn't it is so healthy it will still benefit you!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

H
Koala
Koala
H
Yes, das... and reducing fat around the tummy also lowers one's risk of heart disease, diabetes, and other health issues.BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

H
Koala
Koala
H
"It's also known now that it's better to be fit and fat and than unfit and skinny." -BioAlegra

Many years ago one of my friends was saying that too... something about a fit body being able to utilize food better... he said, "almost selectively"... and rid the body of toxins and illnesses better, too. With what little i know of how the body works, this makes sense to me. The lymph system, so vital to our immunity, mainly works when we move. Even sweating helps us remove toxins from our body.

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
[quote=hollyelise]Yes, das... and reducing fat around the tummy also lowers one's risk of heart disease, diabetes, and other health issues.BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Parakeet
Parakeet
Breastfeed your babies...

Use natural deodorant.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I believe in walking too to protect us from all sorts of illness and disease.

I concentrate on having a very strong immune system. I think if my body is strong enough to fight off colds, flu and any other form of smaller illness, then it should be strong enough to fight off cancer. That's just my own theory but I try to stay healthy and take supplements and eat organic to protect myself from the harmful effects of chemicals and pesticides, for instance.

My healthy immune system has taken me into my 50's now with absolutely no health problems at all. Of course my dad is 84 and takes no medicines at all either. He has no health problems, nor does my mom, so maybe genetics is part of that good immune system too.

H
Koala
Koala
H
YAY for your dad!!!

Recently i heard (sorry i can't site the source but if i come across it again i'll post it)... that organic foods in stores unfortunately have a much higher incidence of ecoli and bacteria than their counterparts, making it of about equal advantage/disadvantage to produce grown in pesticides which deter it during transport and sale. I have no opinion on this as to whether it is true or not. Certainly the study did not compare homegrown organic vegetables, which i would think to be superior to all purchased vegetables, organic or not, for many reasons.

Here is another major way to increase your health and deter major, life-threatening illnesses. Did you know that people who floss and have good dental hygene have a longer life expectancy than people who don't by as much as 5 YEARS?! There are a couple of reasons for this. One, many diseases enter the body through the mouth, so keeping it clean and free of of heavy bacteria helps. Also, inflamation of the gums can release inflammatory substances into the bloodstream which can clog the arteries and lead to heart disease.

H
Koala
Koala
H
Okay, i've been looking if i can find reliable information about the organic food safety issue. Again, i'm not personally saying either organic or inorganic food is better... i don't have an opinion on it myself, it seems convoluted. I'm just sharing this so members are aware there is a question of whether organic foods have their own safety risks.

Parakeet
Parakeet
It's pretty basic in my opinion.

Do you want to consume pesticides? Yes or No

Do you want your kids to consume pesticides? Yes or No

That's the difference between organic and conventional produce.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.