Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Hi Sue,

The yarns I spun for fly fishing were 100% mylar 2 plied. I gave it up in favor of concentrating on spinning my own stuff when my hands started bothering me.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Hi Sue,

I have Sharon's book on Heirloom Lace knitting. It's beyond my lace knitting capabilities at the moment...but I'll get there given enough time. I have gotten through an EZ Pi shawl and think maybe a hap shawl next...then maybe the fine lace smile

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
P
P
ehh, does this sounds crazy?
I got 3 working ones, one build in the 70's, one Ashford Joy and another german one, 2 upright ones build to be lamps, but workable after I redid them, 2 in the basement waiting to be redone and a few small model ones, one of them a child wheel or so...workable, but needs to be redone. then I make drop spindles, got several of them.
Since my son left to be in the German Airforce I claimed his room to be my spinning room and got the Joy in the livingroom to work with while watching tv. So Brock has to share his room with my flock of wheels, when he comes home on weekend leave crazy

Last edited by Pitty; 03/31/08 03:45 PM.

if the going gets tough, the tough get going and:
every day without a smile is a lost day!
W
Shark
Shark
W
I have 0 wheels but I'd love to get one soon. In the meantime, I'd like to get a drop spindle to create yarn for my 2 weaving looms.

WestCoastDenise
West Coast Travel Site & Forum

A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
I have nine antique wheels that I teach with. Flax spinning seems to demand wheels like the early American flax wheels as the ratios; whorl to bobbin pulley seem to be very accurate. I can't believe the low prices that antique wheels go for at these farm auctions here in central Minnesota. I was really surprized at one a few years back that went for $1500.00!!!!! Then I found out what was going on. The auction was for the parents of kids doing the bidding and a few of them really wanted the wheel which was not anything unusual. Other than an original castle wheel I can not see that kind of money for a spinning wheel. I love to tease my brothers when I tell them that spinning wheels give me "warm fuzzies". They just roll their eyes and look at each other like I was left on mom and dads doorstep by gypsies. They seem to get warm fizzies when they go out and shoot a beautiful deer and take it home and eat it. Can you imagine??? Forgive me all of you avid hunters but I just can not look into those beautiful soft deer eyes and pull the trigger.

K
K
I have 2. One is not currently functional. Antique-broken flyer.
The other I bought from a shop in The Netherlands via Ebay. He refurbishes and tests them and then offers them for sale. It is old, but the company that made it, still exists. I'm getting used to the 'feel' of it. It's a saxony style, kind of small wheel, but it spins.

I have one. I've only been spinning for a year now. It's a Louet Victoria S95. It came with it's own carrying case which makes it very easy to go to a spinning group I'm a member of. The fact that it's lightweight is a plus too.
Lorna

A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
I have 7 or 8 extra antique flyers with bobbin and whorls if you are interested.

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 06/28/08 06:33 AM.
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
That is a very nice wheel!! Enjoy!!!!

O
O
How many wheels? I'm just getting started! I don't know where it will end, but currently, I have an Ashford Traveller in my office, and an Ashford Trad (old style) in my Bedroom. But I've been at it for less than a month. Give me time.

I have plans to make one of those box wheels, at the moment I can't remember how to spell them, they're usually imported from India and have a spindle rather than a flier??? Anyhow, I have rudimentary plans, now to just get time and the power tools together...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.