Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I don't know if Clambango will be back to read this, but, in agreement with Tikus, your lengthy post was all personal opinion and conjecture and the only fact you stated is the merchandising.

How can you say the belt is fake? If it didn't mean anything to any wrestler, why did Flair hold it sixteen times? Why have the Dudleys held so many titles? You are mistaken if you think that a wrestler doesn't care if he has a title.

You are also wrong in saying that the UT could have had the belt as much as he wanted to. Hogan was busy with it for too many years as was the Warrior and Savage. You are right about the good vs. evil thing and thats why Hogan was the man. He epitomized the good guy while Piper and UT epitomized the bad guy.

Thats why the Undertaker never had the belt any more than he did because he was a bad guy. He won the title once when he was a bad guy and held it for two days. People didn't like the fact that UT beat Hogan in Survivor Series 91 and that is why they had to come up with that Tuesday in Texas pay-per-view so Hogan could have it back.

You are also mistaken if you think people are going to come to cards to see Cena if he is wrestling Barry Horowitz as opposed to him wrestling Micheals. So, I just listed WM matches? Raw never had a main event with Cena against Michaels? Or Cena against Edge? That is why people come to see Cena. They buy his merchandise because it is cool. If Booker T came out with the spinner belt first, people would have bought it as well. They aren't buying it because Cena wore it.

Oh yeah when you asked me if I had Mark Calaway on speed dial, was that supposed to impress me? Was I supposed to be impressed that you used his real name? I'm thinking you were because why would you have used it.

As far as Brian Christopher goes, it wasn't someone's friend's father's hamster's owner who stopped him. It was Amye's son in law that arrested him and he told her what he arrested him on. He told her that he arrested him for trafficking and once he is arrested it is a matter of public record. Anyone can search or find that out for themselves. Its called the "Freedom of Information Act". Plus it wasn't the first time he was arrested for drugs. He was arrested in 2001 at the Canadian Border when he was caught with methanphetamines, cocaine, and muscle enhancing drugs in his bag. He was fired that day from the WWF as a result.

No one passed judgment on Brian here but if he was arrested for trafficking then he had a lot of drugs with him. He didn't get arrested for intent to sell because they weren't packaged for selling. Enough about that though.

As for Hogan burying talent, I don't disagree with that for a minute. Sure he demanded the belt back and Vince complied because...wait a minute...why would Hogan want the belt if it didn't mean anything to him? That is what you said isn't it? The belt is fake and doesn't mean anything to anyone?

However, I digress. Vince complied with Hogan's request (see demands) because Hogan and the belt equals money in Vince's pocket.

One more thing. The statement you said about wrestlers who love the sport as opposed to the ones who do it for the money. That is ridiculous. Do you think Flair, Benoit, Regal, Guerrero and Calaway would do this if it wasn't for the money? They would spend months on the road sleeping in cars and living on tuna fish because they want to do professional wrestling for free?
Are you serious?

"Um...Ric. I want you to go out, put your body on the line, risk death or paralysis and we want you ro drop pints of blood each night but we can't pay you anything."

Then Ric replies, "Oh, that's okay. I love doing that stuff so I won't be needing any money for it." lol.

Do Benoit, Flair, Regal, et al take the paychecks that Vince gives them or do they give them back to him?

As for being uninformed, we can only be as informed as the wrestlers or the business wants us to be unless you are like Patty and have actually worked behind the scenes. Even magazines like PWI are marks for it. They have to go along with the story lines as well. The average wrestling fan wouldn't know things like Kennedy is hurt and that is why he gave up his money in the bank brief case to Edge.

Kurt Angle also supposedly broke Randy Orton's ankle. The average wrestling fan wouldn't know he was suspended for his actions toward the divas and that is why they join forums like this...to become informed.

Don't attack me and tell me I don't know what is going on because I have been to a wrestling school to become a wrestler and I have ring announced at cards, I was personal security for Nikolai Volkoff while he was signing autographs at a shopping mall. I know he is very intelligent and is an amateur magician. George the Animal Steele was a college professor before he went into wrestling and I have been a fan of pro wrestling a long time before you were even a twinkle in your father's eye.

However, you seem to have a wealth of knowledge about the sport so please continue to come here and regale us with your wisdom and your knowledge of the sport. Please. The rest of us want to be just as informed.

Last edited by amadeus1220; 05/23/07 08:56 PM.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
High 5 Amadeus. Good rebuff.

Dpu, I'm trying to let it go man, but after Self Induced Shock treatment it's still very difficult. Ha ha!
Nah actually, I'm glad Amad had the last word (?), he copped the brunt of the attack. (Until it started to get personal anyway).

Well, hopefully that's the end of that and we can get on with what's actually happening and even what might be happening in Wrestling.

Amad, I forgot about your Commentating days. You still doing that every now and then? You promised me a Story ages and ages and ages ago. Did anyone playfully rough you up a bit?

Tikus

I'll rap you with my Cane, you Pencil Neck Geek!!!
D
DPu Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
D
Awesome! I can almost guarruntee you will all enjoy the ppv. Everyone really stepped it up! As I've said before, wait until you see the buy 3 get 1 sales! They pop up all the time! & since you're a CM Punk fan, you should check out his one hour matches w/ Joe (if you have the endurance that is!). There were also some great tag matches against The Briscoes w/ Colt Cabana (newly signed to WWE) from Reborn: Stage Two. Death Before Dishonor 3 also might be a good one for you to check out! SO MANY MATCHES!

As far as the ROH/ECW comparison, ROH is here because ECW failed. & honestly, I am very much thankful to have it over ECW. ECW most definitely was amazing, but ROH isn't focusing on being competition like ECW was. ROH focuses on giving the best wrestling the best stories to go with it. I loved ECW, but ROH is more wrestling based & has a bit of everything to it. Here's to the alternative & excitement of a new/better product!

D
DPu Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
D
I know I've said a whole lot during this whole thread, but I'd like to add something I've been thinking about recently. If you really would like to check out Ring of Honor but you don't want to immediately go through the OLD catalog & start from the beginning w/ the lowered production values & such, I would very much recommend starting in the beginning of 06 with "Hell Freezes Over" which is the start of the BEST fued in 06 being ROH vs. CZW.

It's 100% of what an invasion angle SHOULD be! What makes it all better is that show & quite a few more after it are only $10 right now at the website through the month of June. 4 of the dvds for sale are from the Milestone Series which I would completely recommend! So that's if you want a catch up w/ ROH without going too far back! I hope you enjoy, & please let me know what you think if/when you get your dvds & you pop like crazy!

D
DPu Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
D
So now the ppv has debuted on all networks it was going to air, who has seen it & what are your thoughts?

B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
I have no idea how they did on the ppv but they are almost entirely supported thru video sales. The talent they have working is unbelievably good. As far as the indy scene goes they are top notch. Many companies could learn a thing or two just watching how they work.

B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
Originally Posted By: DPu
Yo Tikus, just let it go. I have a few PWG dvd's and one day hope to get some JAPW as I have some best of tapes that feature a few matches from there. I also follow Full Impact Pro which is based out of Florida & is ROH's sister promotion, but as far as continually follow, ROH is mainly it. I hope to check out some Chikara soon too. But there are definitely others to be checked out, especially the newest one in Japan by the name of Dragons Gate. I honestly don't have the time or money right now to follow as many promotions as I'd like, but I try to get an eye out as much as possible.

I'd welcome any of you to check out Loco Wrestling when we go live. We will be producing "tv" shows for the web every week. And hopefully after about 7 months of the school being opened we'll have some new talent to promote. We're located in Philly.

B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
One more thing. The statement you said about wrestlers who love the sport as opposed to the ones who do it for the money. That is ridiculous. Do you think Flair, Benoit, Regal, Guerrero and Calaway would do this if it wasn't for the money? They would spend months on the road sleeping in cars and living on tuna fish because they want to do professional wrestling for free?
Are you serious?

"Um...Ric. I want you to go out, put your body on the line, risk death or paralysis and we want you ro drop pints of blood each night but we can't pay you anything."

Then Ric replies, "Oh, that's okay. I love doing that stuff so I won't be needing any money for it." lol.

You really should look into what indy wrestlers have to go thru before the big paydays..read Mick Foleys first book.

D
DPu Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
D
As far as your show goes, I look forward to it. Ricky knows his stuff. Of course they do it to get paid, but there are sooo many who put their bodies on the line w/o becoming millionaires in the process. Like Mick, some eventually do, but they love the business enough that they work through the hard times of riding in a car. Trust me, I know a tad of what they go through.

Gecko
Gecko
DPU, when you gonna tell us your inner track re wrestling?
How are/were you involved?

BTW, Bob Brins (Is that a suedo name for Bob Briggins? Just Asking, I remember that guy from the 80's).

Tik'

I'll rap you with my Cane, you Pencil Neck Geek!!!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.