logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Hi all,

I've just posted an article about my experience at Vaughan Town in Spain. It was called Englishtown when I went, but apart from the name change I think the rest is pretty much the same.

You have to get yourself to and from Madrid to participate in the free week.

Here's a link to the article, if you're interested.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Thanks so much for the heads up on this! I've been wanting to go to Spain, and free room and board just might make it worth buying an airfare from one of the low-cost airlines. I have a little experience teaching English to a Greek teenager, so I'm sure I could do this.

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Hi KarynJ,

Thanks for your post.

I tried to point out the pros and cons of this experience in my article, so please be sure to take a look at it if you haven't already done so.

Personally I had a good time and I would go again, but it is a specialized kind of experience which is not going to fit everyone in the world ;-) Sounds like you're a great candidate since you won't have to spend a lot of money to get there, and you like language "stuff".

You will be on site for the full duration of the program, so you won't be seeing other places, and you will meet only the English and Spanish people in your group. That was what I wanted, so it worked out well for me. The Spanish participants are very smart, engaging people. Most of them have been sent by their employers, which tells you how highly they must be regarded in their various fields of endeavour.

Also, I should add that many people in Spain smoke. While the Spanish people in my group were very considerate about smoking near non-smokers, it is impossible to be smoke free - not a good environment for anyone who is particularly sensitive to smoke.

If you go, please tell us all what you thought of it. I hope you'll like it as much as I did.

By the way, although most of the English speakers in my group were there as singles, there were a few married couples from the USA and Canada. When I see your photo it makes me think somehow you might like to know that!

Cheers,

jill

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.