logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
Jennete, please also think, who is a good leader? Who finds ways or who finds excuses?

I am asking you because you have a very open mind and are ready to talk. You are not fanatically defending Dalai Lama without worrying about the fate of the 100,000 tibetans. you are a person of compassion and can understand the pains of others. That is why i would like to talk to you if you wish.

No I am not completely defending the Dalai Lama. He is human like you and I. It is hard for us to sit back and pass judgement upon someone because none of us will ever experience what he has been doing. I think he is a great teacher. His books are great, I have read almost all of them. To me, most of what he has done has proven him to be a good leader. Maybe rubbing elbow with us in the West is wrong in some peoples eyes but look at all the awareness that has been spread about his people because he has tried to reach out and not sit pouting in a hut because he and his people are not allowed to go home. I think that yes maybe he could take what China gives. What would be great is if they could agree upon a mediator to negotiate an agreement but I don't think China would agree to that. This is my opinion. Yes, I do believe in some respects he is being hard headed, yes I think the Tibetan people need to be allowed to go back to their land. But I also sit and think if I were part of them, would I want to go home to a land over run by Communist or stay in India? Most of the refugees have been born in India haven't they? I am not sure the number of refugees over there. I do see your frustration with the whole thing because you are living in India. Are the Tibetans discriminated against by the Indians?

And cd, you know me from other forums here on BellaOnline, you now I try to be fair and see all sides smile I am enjoying the talk even if some people seem to be agressive and argumentative.

Last edited by Jeanette-Preschool &DV; 04/06/07 08:47 AM.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
China is not totally beyongd pressure. west can pressurise China to be humane to the returning Tibetans. For that west has to be convinced. That needs lobbying. That has to be done by Dalai Lama.

But the problem here is that most of the world see us in the west, espicially us Americans, as bullies especially since the War in the 90's and the war now. It would be awesome if someone in our government could call a meeting with Dalai Lama and leaders of China, please don't ask George Bush, he would blow it for everyone LOL Seriously though, China seems to hate America except for our money that goes towards their goods.

Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: Jeanette-Preschool &DV
Jennete, please also think, who is a good leader? Who finds ways or who finds excuses?

I am asking you because you have a very open mind and are ready to talk. You are not fanatically defending Dalai Lama without worrying about the fate of the 100,000 tibetans. you are a person of compassion and can understand the pains of others. That is why i would like to talk to you if you wish.

No I am not completely defending the Dalai Lama. He is human like you and I. It is hard for us to sit back and pass judgement upon someone because none of us will ever experience what he has been doing. I think he is a great teacher. His books are great, I have read almost all of them. To me, most of what he has done has proven him to be a good leader. Maybe rubbing elbow with us in the West is wrong in some peoples eyes but look at all the awareness that has been spread about his people because he has tried to reach out and not sit pouting in a hut because he and his people are not allowed to go home. I think that yes maybe he could take what China gives. What would be great is if they could agree upon a mediator to negotiate an agreement but I don't think China would agree to that. This is my opinion. Yes, I do believe in some respects he is being hard headed, yes I think the Tibetan people need to be allowed to go back to their land. But I also sit and think if I were part of them, would I want to go home to a land over run by Communist or stay in India? Most of the refugees have been born in India haven't they? I am not sure the number of refugees over there. I do see your frustration with the whole thing because you are living in India. Are the Tibetans discriminated against by the Indians?

And cd, you know me from other forums here on BellaOnline, you now I try to be fair and see all sides smile I am enjoying the talk even if some people seem to be agressive and argumentative.

Oh, I know you very well. You are a great person. A lovely human being who has suffered a lot but are coing out of it now. Yes, I like you very much for your honesty.

To answer- Tibetans are not discriminated in India. India and Tibet have very old relationship and they are treated with love here.

My problem is not that at all. A good leadercan not allow his followers to live in a different land fordecades. HE MUST FIND A WAY OUT. I will tellyou something. The tibetans born in India desperately want to go to Tibet. They have only heard of it but never visited it. Call him a good human being. For calling him a good leader he needs to make his people happy. He is failing there.

Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: Jeanette-Preschool &DV
China is not totally beyongd pressure. west can pressurise China to be humane to the returning Tibetans. For that west has to be convinced. That needs lobbying. That has to be done by Dalai Lama.

But the problem here is that most of the world see us in the west, espicially us Americans, as bullies especially since the War in the 90's and the war now. It would be awesome if someone in our government could call a meeting with Dalai Lama and leaders of China, please don't ask George Bush, he would blow it for everyone LOL Seriously though, China seems to hate America except for our money that goes towards their goods.

Dalai Lama has support in the west. In the west, especially in the USA you need lobbying. Dalai Lama can surely collect money for that. If Taiwan can be protected by USA for so long, I see no reason why leverage can not be put on Chinese. But for that you need political understanding and vision. One who has that can solve this problem very easily.

I am enjoying your discussion. You do not look like a fanatic supporter. Jeanette, you must come to India and meet young Tibetans. They see so much progress being made by India and china both. But they are part of none. That is a tragedy. All Tibetans are not monks.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Dalai Lama has support in the west. In the west, especially in the USA you need lobbying. Dalai Lama can surely collect money for that. If Taiwan can be protected by USA for so long, I see no reason why leverage can not be put on Chinese. But for that you need political understanding and vision. One who has that can solve this problem very easily.

I am enjoying your discussion. You do not look like a fanatic supporter. Jeanette, you must come to India and meet young Tibetans. They see so much progress being made by India and china both. But they are part of none. That is a tragedy. All Tibetans are not monks.

Thank you for your insight and explainations of what you see and experience there. I would love to visit India. There are few countries I wish to visit and India is one. I kid with some of the people at my office and tell them I am going to sneak into their luggage when they go home for a visit LOL I would stand out so horribly with my pale white skin and greenish greyis eyes! Anyways! I can understand their longing for their home even though they were not born there, it is still there home. I am on several Buddhist mailing lists and when the Dalai Lama is going to give a lecture somewhere, it is mind blowing the number of people who try to go see him. I agree that with as much as he is over here in America talking about peace and living right, someone should be able to help him, just don't let it be George Bush sick

Chipmunk
Chipmunk

To answer- Tibetans are not discriminated in India. India and Tibet have very old relationship and they are treated with love here.

That is great to hear. I have often wondered that. You really don't hear much in the West about how the refugees are treated, not that I would think the Indians would be mean to them. I know many many Indians and they are very caring and kind people.

Wolf
Wolf
Thanks for your compliments. we in the east love to hear compliments about our nation. Not that we run away from the truth.
Thanks.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.