logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
No. My questions are all based on logic. Any student of logic will know what I am talking about. I come back to add explanation only becayuse people make changes and make presumptions about the question that is not allowed in logic. Sorry.
I request other forum members to think and tell if possible about their choice. Thank you all very much.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
If you were completely clear on your questions right from the start, people would not come in and make chnges and presumptions, would they?

making changes along the line, shows lack of planning, and is....illogical.

Set out the full question to begin with, and state your case clearly from the outset.

Questions do not change half way through exams, do they, whilst people are answering them?
In order to gain clear answers, you need clear questions.

But questions with a "what would you do?" angle will never be clear-cut or logical, because when you ask people to make a choice based on an emotive issue, there is no logic or rational clear-cut answer. There can't be. Emotion is not logical.

Asking people to decide on women or men for decisions, is based on an emotional, social and ethical upbringing, not Logic.
Asking people how they would react with regard to saving someone in the sea, from the same country, or religion, is based on emotion, not logic.

Do you see my point, CDM?

Last edited by Alexandra; 03/29/07 08:21 AM.
Shark
Shark
CDMohatta,

In the past I have had all male physicians. I have had some fantastic ones that I have really trusted. Over the last couple of years however, I have not found a male physician I am confident in and trust.

My family is currently seeing a female nurse practitioner. I feel she is the best option for us right now. I like her chatty and nurturing personality. I like that she listens more than the male doctors we considered.

So this is an example where I won't choose a man just because he is a man.

Shark
Shark
CDMohatta,

Perhaps you should seek out students of logic to discuss things with. You ask us to imagine ourselves in situations we may never have experienced and to discuss what we might do in that situation. There is no logic in that.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Did this question make you think? Did you ponder over it for a minute? The question is framed as a question of logic, but to answer this one has to think and this thinking takes effort.

I have realized that people avoid answering by trying to find fault in me. The distraction tactic is used. But the question at least makes them understand that they may not know about their own reactions and beliefs as yet though they talk a lot.

No body will answer this.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
i am myself thinking about what I would do? My mind turns to men and I am trying to question myself about that. Do I have lesser exposure to efficient women? Am I having biased thinking? Am I conditioned? My mother is much more efficient than my father was. Why this bent to men then? I am asking myself many questions.
Anybody who answers this , may have to think about beliefs and experiences.

Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta

I have realized that people avoid answering by trying to find fault in me. The distraction tactic is used. But the question at least makes them understand that they may not know about their own reactions and beliefs as yet though they talk a lot.

No body will answer this.

CDM, I think your perception is flawed, we certainly do not "try to find fault in you". What I think may be a distinction is as I have previously stated: You hail from a different culture to ours, and a different way of living. There are some things in the west that puzzle, horrify or amuse you, and naturally, your curiosity leads you to ask questions which would reveal how our minds work. In addition to this, look at this subject: you are a man, from a predominantly male-controlled society, asking women, in a society where equality is stronly advocated, what they think about selecting men over women, or vice versa.
There is also the question of precise language, and English is not your first language, although it is excellent, and commendable. it may however, still pose minor problems of comprehension....

I know you are a scientist, and you see your questions framed in Logic. But we are not scientists, and frame our answers emotionally.

So it really, truly is not a question of us trying to find fault. It's got nothing to do with distractiong from the subject.
I think the fact that so many people have willingly contributed to your posts, instead of refraining from comment, or ignoring you, is testimony to that.

Shark
Shark
In this case, CdMohatta, your question posed covered things I feel, think and live everyday so it did not require me to really think beyond how to form the sentences to explain myself.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
I was interested in your answer. You know my question, isn't it?

Shark
Shark
I thought you were comparing the differences in culture and the beliefs and lifestyles in them and trying to understand not only others but even your own.

But I am not so sure.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Barbara - Women's Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.