Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#297822 03/08/07 02:16 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Let's use this thread as a place to share our favorite online resources. I'll start by copying the list Lynne shared in a previous message. Go ahead and add your own, with a short review if you like.

BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Meg
The World is Our Classroom!
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Meg
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
[url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Kimberly Misra
Crafts for Kids
Gecko
Gecko
My son is really into letters so I tend to go to these sites with him.

www.yourchildlearns.com/learnletters.htm

www.literacycenter.net/lessonview_en.htm

www.starfall.com/

BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
[quote=Samten]
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Meg
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
Oh my! Thanks for sharing with this newbie! I LOVE Kidzone.... and it REALLY is free!
Thanks everyone!
I didn't notice anyone post this one... and my 4 year old loves this!

Last edited by Pursuer; 04/06/07 08:30 PM.

�The world is but a canvas to the imagination.� - Henry David Thoreau
Braille Bug I was looking for freebies last night and found this site! Not only is it informative (for kiddos) but you can get a free braille reading guide in the mail.

�The world is but a canvas to the imagination.� - Henry David Thoreau
G
G
After a lot of searching for pre-writing practice worksheets, I found (among other websites),

Gecko
Gecko
Hi Meg and everyone-

I'm a new editor at Bella. I have one child in college and three learning at home. We like many of the same resources that have already been posted.

I also have a membership at abcteach.com They have hundreds of printable worksheets, for just about every topic you can imagine. Material for everything from preschool to middle school are available. Recently I printed a respiratory system packet, information and a quiz on ancient Greece, and beginning readers for my youngest.

take care-

Lorel

H
H
Look at this: BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Koala
Koala
I've found Aesop's Fables online at bygosh.com.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
shameless plug: schoolofcreativelearning.com

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

Gecko
Gecko
Alice-

Nice site! BTW, I've always been very fond of Betty Boop myself. I have a BB beach towel that's over 20 years old that I refuse to relegate to the rag bag. It's quite thin and bleached by the sun, but I still love it.

I like your modification of the classical model. My kids never appeared to fit the classical stages properly. I do like the classical emphasis on Latin and Greek, and the chronological study of history. That parrot stuff always bugged me!

take care-

Lorel

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Love Betty Boop. She is so misunderstood. I have a t-shirt that I've worn since minddle school and I refuse to let it go. Thanks on the compliment. I am hoping to add a variety of helps for the various types of learning. It's a slow process, though.

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Here is a link to a master list of links for all subjects

Meg
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
Thanks so much for all these great resources! I've just begun to homeschool my son, although we've spent all his earlier years with books, music and easy learning games.

I am new at homeschooling but I do have a college degree and am a stay-at-home mom so I am planning to make this work.

I think with the internet homeschooling would be much easier to do now days than in years past.

Gecko
Gecko
Green1-

How old is your son? Are you connected with a group yet? You are right, the internet absolutely makes it easier to homeschool. But it is also great to network with other homeschoolers in your area. Try searching on the internet, or ask around at the local library to see what sort of groups might meet nearby.

good luck! I can feel your excitement!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi - Im back with some of those virtual visit links including a great bright interactive Copenhagen Museum Virtual Visit one - I'll keep a note of the good ones we visit from now on. (We are learning about Hans Christian Andersen on Short Stories and at home this week):

Virtual Field Trip and Backup Learning Activities:

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I keep all the resources I come across listed at

B
B
Thanks for all the great info. I just started homeschooling this year and I love it. I'm teaching an 11 yr. old, 8 yr. old, and a 3 yr. old. Again thanks for all the great sites.

Last edited by beccab; 09/01/08 11:57 PM.

becca

"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Gal. 5:6
L
L

Here�s a wonderful website I want to share with you, beestar.org. It is a website for kids in primary school. There are many cute exercises about math, vocabulary, reading, science, and so on. Since I registered on beestar, my daughter has been doing exercises on it and she loves them very much! Happy to share it with you all. Thank a lot for all the wonderful resources above!
Lisa

G
G
I think these days every one need some Character education find it: [url=http://www.iamgoingtocollege.com/character_education]Character education[/url]

Last edited by greenfin1; 01/21/09 09:26 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.