Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
ok...
My yuna does 99,999 damage everytime on dark bahamut but the problem is that 70% will miss 30% chance will hit, same goes to my other characters.
The break hp limit.... i cant seem to be able to beat shinryu, cos i only got ribbon on tidus (currently).. and i dun hav enough hp to survive hes other hits..

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Y
Y
How to get 30 Wings to Discovery from Remeim Temple Chocobo Race:
Open the 3 chests while keeping yourself on the right hand side and remember DO NOT TOUCH ANY POLES. Once u've opened the 3rd chest, you'll automatically jump to the next track on the opposite side (instead of jumping downwards like when u opened the previous 2 chests). Keep going until u reach the second junction where it descends to a lower level (ignore the first junction). Go down it and instead of running towards the screen, keep going forward and keep urself on the left hand side this time. If u did what I told u to do, u'll be able to make it to the finishing point and beat your opponent. 30 Wings to Discovery will then be yours as the final prize and it can only be obtained once. This strategy works all the time.

Next, if u haven't already done so, find Wantz (the merchant) at Macalania Woods. Buy urself a Tetra Shield, Tetra Ring, Tetra Armguard (100,000 gil each). If you've got a pretty tight budget, then just get a Tetra Armguard and Tetra Ring. Tetra Armguard is the most important.

Once u've done that, customise Break HP Limit ability on Wakka's newly bought Tetra Armguard (the one with 4 empty slots btw).

To get Break HP Limit for Tidus and Yuna's armour, you'll have to Bribe Marlboro 540,000 gil to get 4 Wings to Discovery. He's this guy in case u don't remember:

http://www.ffmaniacs.com/ff10/imgff10/ene_molbol.gif

He appears frequently in the Calm Lands in the north west zone. If u want to fight him whenever u want, then capturing him first would be a good idea. He costs about a 1000 gil to fight in the monster arena once captured.

Originally Posted By: AuronTheGreat92
My yuna does 99,999 damage everytime on dark bahamut but the problem is that 70% will miss 30% chance will hit, same goes to my other characters.

Get ur Accuracy stats to maximum. That's the only advice I can give u. But if u happen to find that it doesn't help very much then u'll have no choice but to improve ur Luck stats. I reckon the minimum should be 60 points. I faced Dark Bahamut with 60 points Luck and 121-141 points Accuracy, and managed to hit him about 70-80% of the time not to mention kill him. So it is possible with high HP.

A
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
Thx a lot man, but i havnt got my luck very high yet, but im able to woop dark anima's butt, he didnt even have a chance to Oblivion me, he is SLOW man, lucky i got my agility to 255 on my party

Y
Y
That's good to hear. Btw, what new armour did u get after u defeated him? If u do happen to get an armour that's not to ur liking, u can face him again and again until u defeat him to get one that's to ur taste (so long as u didn't overwrite the save file that allowed u to face him ;)). Personally, I reckon the best armour u can get from a dark aeon is Break HP Limit, Ribbon and 2 empty slots. Ribbon and 3 empty slots should suffice too.

Originally Posted By: AuronTheGreat92
but i havnt got my luck very high yet,

Sounds like u've been working on getting those luck and fortune spheres, no? I'm also curious of ur current stats for the team including their HP and armours. Looks like u can take on the dark aeons by urself now.

Once again, don't beat Dark Yojimbo completely. Kick his a** four times down the route u take in the cave, then save, then transport urself to the cave entrance room using the teleporting glyph board found in the back of the cave (the area where u first met Dark Yojimbo). Once u've done this, u should hear a different music from the dramatic one u heard when u faced him. This means the kill counts u accumulated when u beat Dark Yojimbo eg. 4 times, has dropped back down to 0 times. Restart the fight with him by teleporting to the back of the cave. By repeating this process of kill him 4 times, save, teleport etc u should be able to gather unlimited (yes u heard right) unlimited Dark Matters and decent armours along the way. These armours can include Break HP Limit and Ribbon with 2 empty slots, but it'll take time to get them coz they're extremely rare. Plus, u even get the added bonus of selling these decent armours for a very high price at the Monster Arena when u talk to the Arena Trainer. Meaning gil galore!!! All for just besting Dark Yojimbo and u don't even have to dig out ur pocket for that.

Note: There have been known cases of a glitch or a bug which doesn't allow u to completely beat Dark Yojimbo even after u defeated him 5 times from certain PAL versions of FFX, and as far as I know, I'm not sure if this problem has been rectified if there were later (bug-free) versions released in Europe. Therefore, these unlucky lot won't have that glorious once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of facing the boss of all bosses - Penance. U better wish u don't belong to the few. See if u can beat him 5 times completely before u attempt on the Dark Yojimbo Trick.

Ciao.

A
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
unlimited? COOL, i hav lots of gil but i cant buy the dark matters lolthx for the tip..but its quite confusing...

Y
Y
I may have exaggerrated it which led to ur confusion. What I meant was every time u pummel Dark Yojimbo, u should get 2 Dark Matters (Overkill) or one for normal kill but seeing as how u can get 99,999 damage points with Wakka and Yuna, overkill is the likely outcome for u.

He'll rarely drop Master Spheres, probably 1 in 10 chance that it will occur. Just make sure u don't kill the 5th Dark Yojimbo awaiting in the open area near the entrance once u initiated the battle with the 1st Dark Yojimbo.

Once u're done getting Dark Matters and picking up the best possible armours for 7 of your characters (that's what I did), then deliver the final blow on the 5th Dark Yojimbo.

The reason I pick this method of collecting Dark Matters over defeating beasts in the Monster Arena is becoz u almost always get 2 Dark Matters for killing the guy. It's far quicker than having to face the Original Creations, and even there u probably only get 1 in 10 chance of getting them if u're lucky.

But once u got Ribbon attached to ur best armours, Dark Matters will become pointless.

Last edited by Yun Feiyang; 02/26/07 07:41 PM.
A
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
oh ic... but last time i got 30 dark matters! from a original creation at the arena... but i forgot which... but it was pointless then, i oredi hav 99.. original creations are pretty easy well except thu'uban, shinryu, and that greater sphere. how come i havnt unlocked nemesis yet? i captured evry monster x10 and i havnt got it. ultima buster is really easy, even though he got a long long life, its jus like a normal dark aeon , overdrive=ultima(dodge it with ur aeons..)dark matters... yeah once u get ultimate weapons and ribbon ...but u can sell them lol^^ yeah ty... thinking of quitting games soon, after i perfected FFX(beating penance, getting all ultimate weapons and fully max the characters stats and blitzball....

Y
Y
If u're still unsure of what to do concerning the Dark Yojimbo trick u can refer to Darkkefka's video demonstration on how to defeat Dark Yojimbo at Youtube.com to get a taste of what to expect (u'll have to register first btw). At one point, he'll explain in text how u can get unlimited Dark Matters with Dark Yojimbo, maybe u'll get a better understanding of it with a video playing rather than just through reading explanations from me.

As for his method of beating Dark Yojimbo, it's a completely different approach to mine. If u like it u can adopt this low HP style of his, but I never got to try it to see whether it delievers better results than with high HP.

There's a whole host of FFX strategy videos u can find at Youtube.com, unless u're desparately stuck with one boss, I would avoid viewing them. Since watching them is probably not much different than performing Zanmato on an opponent, leaving u with no sense of self accomplishment.

Quote:
but last time i got 30 dark matters!

This is a good indication that u've spent a large proportion of ur time at the Monster Arena. When I finished getting the stat spheres, I must've collected something like 130+ Dark Matters (this does not include the 99 when Ultima Buster's unlocked). At that time, I was never aware of the importance of these items and how much Ribbon can protect u against Dark Aeons and Penance; so everytime I faced Earth Eater I got pretty annoyed when Dark MAtters were dropped instead of Fortune Spheres. But in fact I was actually killing two birds with one stone. Although it did take like a sh*t load of time to do it.

Quote:
how come i havnt unlocked nemesis yet? i captured evry monster x10 and i havnt got it.

Double check u don't have anything listed as "Unknown" on the pages. Then make sure u've defeated every monster in the Area Conquests, Species Conquests and Original Conquests sections at least once. One strategy guide instructed the user to only defeat the monsters in the Original Creations, but I followed it myself and found that it was a load of bull. U can try it if u like, it might just work on ur version of the game (mine is platinum).

Once u've unlocked Nemesis, u'll find that he's not as hard as hyped up by some gamers. I mean once ur stats are at their peaks, beating him is a walk in the park; skill, therefore, is not required,u can throw it out the window. With him, u can get 99,999 damage points every time, but this won't be the case with Penance as u'll soon find out.

Quote:
thinking of quitting games soon, after i perfected FFX(beating penance, getting all ultimate weapons and fully max the characters stats and blitzball....

Getting Lulu's celestial weapon might be pointless unless u want her to serve as a substitute when one of ur characters is in danger during the midst of a battle (especially against Penance), then it might be considered. Otherwise, Penance is fully defeatable with just 3 characters and no aeon surrenders. Personally, I would max out Rikku too, coz she provides those essential mixes for the team including Eccentrick which gives ur group 6x Overdrive Speed. This means Wakka can perform twice as much Attack Reels that helps u kill off the arms quickly, but achieving a perfect 12-hit Attack Reels must be mastered beforehand (getting it everytime). Hyper Mighty G mix IIRC can lower the damage points dealt by Penance on u, as well as give u Auto-Life. That's all the tips I'm gonna give u on Penance, skill u'll have to come up by urself.

Last edited by Yun Feiyang; 02/28/07 10:33 PM.
A
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
Kk ty

A
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
Hey, how come i couldn't finish the mercury sigil(cactuar capturing quest)? i didnt know what to do for the 1st 7 cactuars, but on the 8th, i captured it, but i put the reboya sphere on the cactuar stone, then it says the next cactuar.. but i went to the sinkhole and nothing was there....pls help...

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.