logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
Oh, how I would LOVE nothing more than to just let it all go. Unfortunately, the only thing I can let go is of my attachment to the person or thing that is taking up my happy spaces in my mind and life! How simple it ISN'T. I, and many others, will have to endure dealing with the ex who fathered their children until the kids are 18 years of age. If it isn't directly, the abuse is indirectly, at least in my case. Five years after leaving him and my gaining sole custody in 2003, he decided on a few occasions to sexually touch my two children. He hasn't been allowed to see them since the disclosure last summer, over my dead body!! And, oddly enough, he won't take me to court to push for visitation, or contempt thereof, since I have prevented visitation, because he will always have the burden of proof amongst the professionals who have witnessed both children disclosing at separate interviews, details that are compelling enough to keep him away unless supervised visitation is granted by a Judge. It never ends and never will, at least, for now, that is how it all feels, unless I redirect my thinking to just my children and I, and refocus on what we must to to live happily, peacefully, and most of all, freely.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I have been fortunate (or unfortunate depends on how you look at it) that my abuser/father of my son disappeared for a short while and child support recently discovered that he is back in Hawaii where his mother lives. So we are safe from him but my son doesn't have his biological father around. He does however have his soon to be step-father, a grandpa, and 2 uncles he can look too for manly things.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
yes, letting go is empowering. like saying you no longer have the power to hurt me anymore. the day i decided to let go is the day i started anew as far as those hurtful relationships went. i can see them from a distance and see how they maneuver and manipulate in their efforts to be hateful and hurtful. up close, all they did was cause me pain. distance is great.

Kim DeLeary
Paranormal Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Kim, thank you for sharing. One thing that I felt when I finally realized that holding on to the past memories and hurts was freedom. Instead of letting all of the negative things that had happened to me continue to fester and let their fingers wrap around my insides and my mind, acknowledging that they existed, that it happened, that it will never happen again, then letting those things go made me feel free.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Zebra
Zebra
Fascinating to read both the positive and the less positive responses on here....

I particularly feel for Skyhaven/Rosie, who I know has a multitude of millstones around her neck.....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/08/24 07:45 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.