logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Originally Posted By: Thia
Thia is apart of my real name. Which is Cynthia. Cynthia is greek for moon goddess and is also another name for Artemis greek goddess of the hunt. Thia or Thea means "goddess",silver because I like silver and moon is in honor of the goddess. I guess my names means Goddess of the silver moon.

My name will probably change over time.

Oh and I remembered years ago I got a book mark with my name on it at a Christian book store and the meaning was "Bringer of Light".

" The way my feet must go may not be best for you. So I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you what to see."
~Author unknown~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
I never fit into Jason.. other than it's meaning

I am more of a Jase. I was supposed to be named Joshua Paul

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: ~ Rae ~
If you'd read the article Froggie, you'd realize that there are a variety of ways that people find their magical names.

Rae, I did read the article. Which is why I expressed surprise at my beliefs about choosing a magickal name. From some of the books I have read, they tend to suggest that a magickal name chooses you and not the other way around. I was just surprised that people sometimes chose their magickal names via more mundane methods. Though, I'm sure they likely have spiritual reasons for choosing said name.

Koala
Koala
Well Jase that is what you go by so that is your name and it fix you somehow!!! lol Bubbles fits me too....er..ah..most of the time anyways...lol smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Amelia-Wicca Editor
Mine is Aine. It was a typo years ago that i seemed to do again and again. I had no idea that it was a goddess until I stumbled across her while looking up something else. Cool huh?

I guess it was not only calling to me, it was literally YELLING at me! LOL

Amelia

That's really cool. smile

Hello! I'm new to this forum, literally stumbling across it searching for something totally different via Google. I thought that this was an interesting thread.

I primarily go by my actual name, which is Tracy, but I have incorporated two magickal names in my past lives... the first I literally cannot remember how I came up with it, and I no longer use it: Feyth. The second, came to me in the car after asking for a "new name" to work with. Ironically, I'm only inclined to use it when I write: The Petal.

I believe that there is no "wrong way" to discover a magickal name. I also believe that they are not necessary, it's up to each individual. For me, when communicate with the Divine, I'm always just Tracy.

smile

With best blessings!

Feel free to visit my "about me" page to learn more about me and my world!
Today I use my birth name, but that's only after twenty years of going through magical names as I proceeded from one level or area to another.

Honestly, I never chose my own magical name. They have either been given to me by someone else or divined by one method or another. For instance, I was born under the Blood Moon, so that figured in a few times. I have a canid/lupid personality, so that was used. My specialty has always been healing, hence the parade of herb names.

But when it came down to choosing a name, I wanted to use my own. After all, I'm not hiding, and it represents me for a greater percentage of my life than a magical name ever did. In a way, coming home to myself was the greatest initiation of all.

Chaos. Panic. Anarchy. My work here is done.
I agree with Witchbasket, "There is no 'wrong way' to select a magical name." A Magical name is sapposed to speak to you, make you feel empowered and protected.

When I first started out, I chose my magical name from my family. My Great-Great grandmother (Whom I later named my daughter after) was always an interesting and incredibly strong woman. I remember her telling me strange things that were always true. For instance, she forsaw her own life span at a young age... and was correct! Anyway, I took her maden name, Corwin, and feminized it to get Corrin. When I use it I think of my grandma and how she lived through so much in her 98 years of life. If only we could all be so lucky!

Love and Learning
Corrin

"Friends may come and go, but you are stuck with family forever"
Amoeba
Amoeba
I used a series of means to find names that I thought were fitting over the years, and they came and went out of use as well. And then one night I dreamt my matron imparted a name onto me but I couldnt' remember it. And then sometime later while doing research on more information about her, b/c she's an obscure sort, I found it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.