logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Parakeet
Parakeet
People often talk about seeing "God's beauty" in the mountains, forests, lakes etc. That is where the Horned One comes into Pagan beliefs. This is his domain. He reminds us of the beauty and abundance all around us.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Koala
Koala
E
Originally Posted By: Fiona - Wicca Editor
I love when authors weave a little of the magical into their stories too

Sorry this is slightly off topic, but I wondered if you had heard of or read the series The Witches of Eileanan by Kate Forsyth? She is a pagan and apparently includes a lot of celtic pagan history and beliefs in her fantasy books. (I haven't got to this series yet - I've started with The Starthorn Tree.)

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll have to check that out. Sounds like it is right up my alley.

E
Koala
Koala
E
Kate Forsyth's website is here:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
And - things like demons and angels aren't typically part of Wicca. They're part of Christianity. So, what I believe about a horned god is just that - my belief. What you believe about him would be ... yours.

If you choose to believe that a horned god is a demon, because that is what you were taught, or that is what it says in your religious teachings, then we are not here to argue with you.

One of the most wonderful things about Wicca is our ability to let each person believe what is right for them. What you believe isn't Wicca, but we will not argue about what you believe to be true.

Be blessed.

Senebty, (may you be well)
Autumn

What I hate is ignorance, smallness of imagination, the eye that sees no farther than it's own lashes.
-- Egyptian Book of the Dead, Chapter 45
Since when does having horns make you evil? Thats as stupid as saying you're the "devil" if you wear red! Many depictions of the "devil" shows him with a tail, well my dog has a tail, is he a demon or the "devil"? According to your own quote "this bible says demons are goats" Does that mean goats are demons? Maybe the bible was refrencing a goats hooves not his horns... who knows... My point is, this is a pointless debate as no one knows the truth, we can all only belive what it is we belive. You can interpret whatever you like as religion is based on interpretation and belief. As a side note: Any religion that does not practice respect and understanding of anothers beliefs, should be in question...

If you can't open your mind, then shut your mouth!!!
S
S
MM,
Was thinking about this today. Got to thinking to that even tho wiccans/witches dont recognise the devil wouldnt he still be a god just like the greek, celtic, roman, & eygptian gods just one that wiccans dont use. I mean we acknowledge that the christians have a christian god but they also have a devil so wouldnt he be just as real as the christian god. I was raised christian but I never seen evidense of the devil so I didnt/dont believe in him but just as there are other gods wouldnt the devil be a god someone probably worships or honors.

Just something that crossed my mine today.

SapphireMoon

I am who I am, a Witch.
Koala
Koala
mmm I am not sure about other christians but I dont see the Devil as a god of any kind!! Some call Satan the devil whatever the God of the underworld but I tend to believe my God is the God of everything and everyone. My God does not have a begaining or an end no birht no death and no creator...God made the angels and Lucifer was an angel before he fell so Its kind of hard to believe in a God that was made by God....

I am tired so I really hope that made some kind of sense!!! anyways Good night all!!!

Wolf
Wolf
freebubbles3

You are right.

Koala
Koala
Thank you!!! I can see how people would get the idea that the devil is a christian God because i dont think I have ever been to a church service that does not mention Saten the devil or anyother name you would like to get him.... but then again that is one of the many reasons I dont go to church! lol anyways...
after I posted my last post and thought about it I thought mmm that may have been offencive!!! but I am glad that some one agrees with me!!!

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.