Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Shark
Shark
T
What I mean is what if he is lying about who he is?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the demon isn't so demonic if he teaches about the beauty of nature. Maybe it's not that he is lying about anything, it is that you have misinterpreted the message or been mislead to believe he is other than what he is...

T
Shark
Shark
T
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe horned gods are demons. I'll steer clear just in case. Why do they have horns? The Bible says demons are " goats".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess why not? What does the Christian god look like? I suppose if there were one god/dess, he/she could look any way he/she wanted to. That's one of the perks of being a god.

E
Koala
Koala
E
Well, why do goats have horns then? The horns don't make goats evil or demonic, any more than any creature of nature is evil - everything has its place and its function. As Fiona said, look around at true nature and see how existence should be. That is the message. There's no deity saying "worship me", but more simply "be true to (your) nature".

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Parakeet
Parakeet
Elle makes a good point. There is no demand of worship. I general prefer not to use the word worship at all actually, I think of it more like honoring and working with someone that I greatly respect.

In many cultures the Horned God has the horns of a stag. The horns are representative of Nature.

Deity is really so very large and limitless that there is no way to comprehend it with our human brains. There are many faces and many ways that Deity reveals itself to people. My belief is that it is revealed to us in the way that each of us can comprehend best.

Last edited by Fiona - Wicca Editor; 02/11/07 11:20 PM.
T
Shark
Shark
T
So, your faith just drifts in the wind?

Parakeet
Parakeet
Of course not. My faith is strong and rooted in the earth and the ways of nature and the Limitless Universe. I am not really sure where you got that thought.

Elephant
Elephant
Fiona,

I'm in the midst of THE SHADOW OF SOLOMON by Laurence Gardner. It's about the history of Freemasonry and how various rituals and informations were retained, lost and reinvented over a few thousands years to produce what is modern Freemasonry.

Through what amounts to a mistranslation and then mis-usage of the term in Milton's "Paradise Lost" Gardner explained how Venus, "the light bringer" which was written as "lux-fer" or "lucifer" in Latin had always been a feminine term referring to the morning star, and after 1667 was then a masculine term associated with the Christian concept of Satan.

Fascinating stuff once I got past the huge historical opening. I can see how the author needed to get that background in there to provide context, but whew, it was like high school history all over again...

Parakeet
Parakeet
Fascinating info! and very timely too, since I was watching something on Discovery last night about the history of Freemasonry.

It's so interesing how a little mistranslation or use of a word in the wrong context can totally shape the beliefs of people years and years into the future.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.