logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Zebra
Zebra
In actual fact, the first accounts of his life were written after this period, you are right. The Bible itself, as a comprehensive and inclusive recognisable document of that name, did not appear until 382AD.

These two sites are very interesting.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Oh nice articles indeed but

1st Century AD: Completion of All Original Greek Manuscripts which make up The 27 Books of the New Testament.
315 AD: Athenasius, the Bishop of Alexandria, identifies the 27 books of the New Testament which are today recognized as the canon of scripture.
382 AD: Jerome's Latin Vulgate Manuscripts Produced which contain All 80 Books (39 Old Test. + 14 Apocrypha + 27 New Test).
500 AD: Scriptures have been Translated into Over 500 Languages.
600 AD: LATIN was the Only Language Allowed for Scripture.
995 AD: Anglo-Saxon (Early Roots of English Language) Translations of The New Testament Produced.

I guess if Roman imperator didn't accept the Christianity on that time, this religion hasn't been so spread in the world.

Zebra
Zebra
perceptive comment Babak. I love the use of the word "Imperator" which is to an extent correct, because in both Latin and Italian, it's "Imperatore". English has transformed this title into "Emperor".

Trying to help, not criticise....!

I bear in mind that if I spoke your language as poetically and well as you speak mine, I would be so blessed!

Gecko
Gecko
Tanks Alexandra
It's so delightful to see compliment from some one like you I think but in Persian language we tell imperator too.
If you interest to learn Persian language, it's my honor to be at your service! If ask, tell you my phone number for sure!

More like to see your comment about emperor decision?

C
C
Originally Posted By: DSNNM
As I studied the human body, the specialized systems, the mechanics of the endocrine system, the vascular, lymphatic, skeletal, nervous systems, how all these separate systems depend on each other, I have to believe in some kind of genius. Maybe omnipotent power. Either way, it's safer to believe in a religion and possibly go to heaven, than not and possibly go to hell...

Safer? Hell is part of a belief, not a fact. Do you actually think that there is a place of everlasting fire?

Where is it located?

God is part of a religion that has convinced people that he is an invisible man in the sky who watches everything that we do, every minute of the day. God has a special list of things that he does not want you to do. If you do any of these things, he has a special place full of fire, smoke, burning, torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer, burn, scream, and cry forever until the end of time�.But he loves you. Does this actually seem right?

We learn from Chrisianity that it is o.k. to sit and do nothing when someone is in trouble, being killed, or starving to death. Witness all of the children that are kidnapped raped or killed. God does nothing. I know of people who have nothing to do with the belief in any God who treat their children better than God. These fathers would give their life for the safety of their children, Yet God is content to just do nothing while his children are raped, killed, die of some cancer or virus that He himself created.

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Is blind faith a good idea?

Well lets ask the Branch Davidians that died in the fire.

Lets ask the cult members who commited suicide with their leader to meet the mother ship on the other side of the Hale Bop comet.

Lets ask the followers of Jim Jones cult who moved to South America and who followed their leader when he told them to drink poison and die.

OH WAIT, we can't ask them, their blind faith led them to their death.

NO, I don't think blind faith is EVER a good idea.

A
A
This post makes me smile. As I read it, everyone (well almost everyone) has pretty much kept the air of the conversation centered around religion. Now I am not sure if this is because this forum falls under the Religion and Spirituality channel (duh) or if it is because everyone is associating faith with religion.

I believe earlier I read much conversation around the "Seek and ye will find" quote from the Bible; and what was taken into consideration in the comments was the way in which people view the Bible. For instance, they will find what they are intending to look for in the Bible when they read it (whether it be positive or negative). Now although I hate to use descriptions such as "positive" or "negative", the "seek and ye shall find mentality" should not be applied solely to religion or the Bible. It is really much more expansive than that and applies to every area of your life.

TexasDave spoke about Jesus' quote of living by faith and not by sight. This really goes back to the idea that whatever you are looking for is what will present itself. What determines what you are looking for is represented by what you have "faith" in (and I don't mean your chosen religion). I really mean your beliefs which are then translated into faith.

Blind faith is never a good idea; it is very restrictive to your natural abilities. It might be more useful to use your faith as a tool for directing your gaze to whatever you are desiring to see.

Last edited by Andrea--Philosophy Editor; 11/15/07 03:38 PM.

Love, Light, and Blessings
Andrea Gardiner
Philosophy
Koala
Koala
Originally Posted By: Andrea--Philosophy Editor
This post makes me smile. As I read it, everyone (well almost everyone) has pretty much kept the air of the conversation centered around religion. Now I am not sure if this is because this forum falls under the Religion and Spirituality channel (duh) or if it is because everyone is associating faith with religion.

I believe earlier I read much conversation around the "Seek and ye will find" quote from the Bible; and what was taken into consideration in the comments was the way in which people view the Bible. For instance, they will find what they are intending to look for in the Bible when they read it (whether it be positive or negative). Now although I hate to use descriptions such as "positive" or "negative", the "seek and ye shall find mentality" should not be applied solely to religion or the Bible. It is really much more expansive than that and applies to every area of your life.

TexasDave spoke about Jesus' quote of living by faith and not by sight. This really goes back to the idea that whatever you are looking for is what will present itself. What determines what you are looking for is represented by what you have "faith" in (and I don't mean your chosen religion). I really mean your beliefs which are then translated into faith.

Blind faith is never a good idea; it is very restrictive to your natural abilities. It might be more useful to use your faith as a tool for directing your gaze to whatever you are desiring to see.

i agree blind faith is never a good idea no matter the reason!! we have to think and learn and then if we believe that it is true and not harmful to us or to others then have faith. I dont blindly believe in anything. I have to learn for myself ...but on the same hand I am blindily trusting my own judgement about what is true and what is not....

A
A
I know freebubbles...isn't it funny the way faith works. I guess the question can now evolve into exploring the nature of faith...is it inherently blind? What do you guys think?

Love, Light, and Blessings
Andrea Gardiner
Philosophy
Koala
Koala
I think to some degree you have to take a leep of faith no matter what it is. but I dont think it has to be blind blind faith. like i have faith in myself and my own judgement but i also know that i am limited and have my weaknesses. I have learned mostly through trail and error what i can do and what i cant so I have a reasonible amount of surcureity that i can put faith in myself and my judgement. but to put my faith in lets say the belief that the sky is falling tomorrow so we all have to dig wholes and barry ourselfs..... that would take blind faith and a big amount of .... i dont know what!!!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.