logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
[color:"darkred"] Websites like The Hunger Site, and The Rainforest Site, are signs that are earth isn't holding up to peoples stupidity. There are hungery people, the rainforest looses acrege due to people not deciding to stop reproducing ect. It's sad really.[/color]

If motherhood doesn't interest you, don't do it. It didn't interest me, so I didn't do it. Anyway, I would have made a terrible parent. The first time my child didn't do what I wanted, I'd kill him."
--Katherine Hepburn
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
And y'know, I don't even so much blame the women in third-world countries who don't have access to birth control or who live in a society where their worth is measured by how many children they have or something...it's the women who know full well what they are doing and simply must have ten kids anyway that p-i-s-s me off so much*. The people who think it's their "right" to reproduce just because they want to and don't care who or what it screws over.

The truth is, the government SHOULD be encouraging less, because too many people is NOT good for the economy--look at how many people are out of work or underemployed in the U.S., look at how low wages have gotten and how high standards have gone because employers know workers are a dime a dozen and getting desperate enough to do anything for ANY money. It's ridiculous. How can it be good for the economy when you have to have four years of experience and a degree to get paid $5.50 an hour to scrub toilets and can barely afford to pay the bills, let alone buy stuff?

I hate that people just keep reproducing. They see that there isn't enough housing space, and instead of saying "gee, maybe I'd better not add to this problem," they say "oh, I'll have seven kids, we can mow down a forest and make a subdivision to make room for them." Eventually I bet Mother Nature is going to strike back with another big pandemic that'll kill off a significant portion of the population just so this planet can survive. And all these people....who would rather see their kids die of some disease than not have them in the first place. Sad.

Only problem is, it'll be my luck: *I'll* be the one to die from such a disease and the breeders, like cockroaches after nuclear holocaust, will come out unscathed and more fertile than ever.

*Get a grip, BellaOnline. F*ck this "censored" BS, yet another example of how kid-centered this society is (most message boards say "no swearing" because "there might be children present." F*ck that, man). Anyone who's too young to see the word "p-i-s-s" or "c-r-a-p" is WAY too young to be on the 'net. I mean, come on; I was swearing by the time I was 11 or 12, and that's younger than the legal age to post on message boards, for heaven's sake.

Last edited by Katja; 09/27/06 01:27 AM.
F
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
F
Katja: Holy shi t!! Thanks for the morning laugh!!
[Only problem is, it'll be my luck: *I'll* be the one to die from such a disease and the breeders, like cockroaches after nuclear holocaust, will come out unscathed and more fertile than ever.]

Now that is definitely something I'd say. And about the censored nonsense? Just do what I do and conveniently depress your f ucking space bar lol!!!

Fire (Still LMAO)!!!

Hell hath no fury as a woman childed!
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
This country needs women to have babies?! This country needs men to step up to the plate and bear a true half of the responsibility, and then we can talk. The term "working mom" makes me want to scream! You could be a lawyer, a doctor, a manager, etc before you have a kid, and then suddenly you are reduced to a "mom that also works."

What about the "working dads"??! What does this country need them to do?

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Quote:
And y'know, I don't even so much blame the women in third-world countries who don't have access to birth control or who live in a society where their worth is measured by how many children they have or something...it's the women who know full well what they are doing and simply must have ten kids anyway that p-i-s-s me off so much*. The people who think it's their "right" to reproduce just because they want to and don't care who or what it screws over.

The truth is, the government SHOULD be encouraging less, because too many people is NOT good for the economy--look at how many people are out of work or underemployed in the U.S., look at how low wages have gotten and how high standards have gone because employers know workers are a dime a dozen and getting desperate enough to do anything for ANY money. It's ridiculous. How can it be good for the economy when you have to have four years of experience and a degree to get paid $5.50 an hour to scrub toilets and can barely afford to pay the bills, let alone buy stuff?

I hate that people just keep reproducing. They see that there isn't enough housing space, and instead of saying "gee, maybe I'd better not add to this problem," they say "oh, I'll have seven kids, we can mow down a forest and make a subdivision to make room for them." Eventually I bet Mother Nature is going to strike back with another big pandemic that'll kill off a significant portion of the population just so this planet can survive. And all these people....who would rather see their kids die of some disease than not have them in the first place. Sad.

Only problem is, it'll be my luck: *I'll* be the one to die from such a disease and the breeders, like cockroaches after nuclear holocaust, will come out unscathed and more fertile than ever.

*Get a grip, BellaOnline. F*ck this "censored" BS, yet another example of how kid-centered this society is (most message boards say "no swearing" because "there might be children present." F*ck that, man). Anyone who's too young to see the word "p-i-s-s" or "c-r-a-p" is WAY too young to be on the 'net. I mean, come on; I was swearing by the time I was 11 or 12, and that's younger than the legal age to post on message boards, for heaven's sake.

[color:"blue"] You go girl. You tell them girlfriend. [/color]

If motherhood doesn't interest you, don't do it. It didn't interest me, so I didn't do it. Anyway, I would have made a terrible parent. The first time my child didn't do what I wanted, I'd kill him."
--Katherine Hepburn
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.