logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 110 of 112 1 2 108 109 110 111 112
D
D
I am buying my new baby Joe a new tank and I would really like your opinions as to which of these two tanks is the better tank. The first is the MiniBow5 which is a five gallon tank and comes with a light, spare light bulb and two packets of sample fish food. The second tank is a two gallon tank which comes with a plastic plant (which I will not use), ick treatment, water conditioner, tropical fish food, and an extra light bulb. Which of these two would you buy if you were me?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
D
Okay I need some major help. Recently I noticed Joe had fin rot and i added APPlus+ Anti-Fungus Fungus and Fin Rot Treatment and Aquarium Salt, he was dong really well. I was told by the man at the fish store that I should add this first and then add Betta Splendens Betta Fix Remedy so I did as told. When Joe was on the APPlus+ alone he did fine his fins were healing. I then added the BettaFix, still getting better, and then yesterday after changing his water (I change it every three days) he started to decline. He has his fins clamed, he is hovering at the top of the tank and just breating very little and his sides are somewhat swollen. I attributed it to constipation or Swim Bladder Disorder, so I just fasted him for a day. Today he is even worse just hovering at the top and his fin rot is back and even more is degenerating. He is barelyt breathing so I am doing a full 100% water change with bottled water and removing all of his plants and toys, this all started after I added a supposedly "aquarium safe" plant
I will be adding the anti-fungus treatment and just letting him hang out for today I don't know what is wrong and I love him dearly and I want him to get better. I have only had him for one month. Please help me.

M
M
Hey,
I just got my girl at wal mart to figured it would be a cheap pet to have on my desk at work...but then i got to work and did a little research...maybe i should take her back...lol
My female looks normal, she was smaller then most in on the shelf, but if i understand correctly that just means she's alitlle younger. She is blowing bubbles, not huge like i've seen the males do, but just one or two everyonce in awhile when she comes up for air. is that normal?

and if you have more than one female is there a minimum... or can i just have to females?

S
S
Hi there! I'm new on BellaOnline. Just signed on to see if you have ever seen a betta change colors dramatically and get large sections of a lighter color - or if you know of any disease that would cause the condition below.

Here is Stonewall before (September)
[imageBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

S
S
Hey Hey everyone..

long time no post, was sitting around looking at my betta today and I thought that I would come one here and let everyone know how everything has been the last 8 months of fish ownership...

well, I went from using a 2.5 gallon tank with spot to a 5 gallon which I felt was the optimal size so far to now a 10 gallon which seems very spacious for spot (e.g. more than optimal) I like it because he really has room to dart around if he wants.
I asked one of the fish "techs" about putting an atinic blue marine lamp in his tank and she advised me that it would be a healthy solution, if i were looking for a day lamp to give the tank some pizzaz. I was wondering if you guys had any input on the subject.

I wanted to let everyone know that my girlfriends betta got over his ick, and has been in excelent condition every since as she is a very good keeper. my betta however has been very healthy but one of his fins wont grow back to the complete length, his color is great as well.

I don't know how good the source was but I have been told by some people that once a betta reaches a certain age they have alot more troubles growing full length tails, any fire to that smoke?

P
Amoeba
Amoeba
P
I'd stay away from the actinic blue since they're strictly for marine tanks. They might give your tank a cool blue look but it's not natural. For tropical freshwater look for lights in the 4K-5K daylight/sunlight/full spectrum color temperature range. Good choices are the Zoo Med Tropic Sun and Hagen Sun-Glo.

S
S
well I did swap to a full spectrum natural daylight color, may save the atinic blue for a future corral only tank or something

still wondering about the tail fin though, he seems to be trying to grow it back again now... haven't really done anything different besides the fact that he does now have a light that stays on all day.

i'll keep you guys and gals informed.

S
S
Ok, i'm new to this blog and i'm really looking for some advice. I have three beautiful bettas that have all had small cases of fin rot in the past that were easily taken care of with water changes. Now my betta, Oliver, has gotten fin rot pretty badly and i can not seem to get rid of it. His fins look awful and they are always clamped together. The ends of the fins are also curled and black tipped. I have been using applus anit-fungus medication for the past 48 hrs and he seems to be doing better. He is swimming around again and has made his first bubble nest in weeks!! The thing is that his fins are still black on the edges. I'm wondering what i should do? Should the black color go away?

P
Amoeba
Amoeba
P
From what I've read and experienced it can take longer than just 48 hours to see results, so I'd continue doing what you're doing. And don't forget water changes! If the fin rot isn't severe (meaning there's still most of the fin left), sometimes you don't even need to medicate. Just keep up on clean water and watch carefully for healing and regrowth (it will be probably opaque and white in color)

M
M
Hi...I'm new to this blog and I have a question. I just got a new betta and he's very active. Active to the point it's like he's freaking out. I didn't know if this was normal. Also, he's sitting on my desk. I padded underneath the tank with some colorful washcloths to help with the typical noises of things setting on the desk. Are bettas really sensitive to noises and bumps? Is this bad for the fish. Thanks!

Page 110 of 112 1 2 108 109 110 111 112

Moderated by  Mary_Betta_Fish 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.