Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19
D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
Correction-
It should read "For taxpayers who earn MORE than $87,900" not "for taxpayers who earn for than $87,900".

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
Here's a thought-provoking statement put out by Kevin Tillman, Pat Tillman's brother. For those who don't know, Pat Tillman was a football player who joined the military to fight in Iraq, and then was killed by friendly fire, which the government tried to cover up.

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/1020-23.htm

Koala
Koala
Then there's the lovely wall GW signed into law (see Bush Signs U.S.-Mexico Border Fence Bill).

D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
Another correction-
For the Social Security tax - I meant to say that the wealthy do not pay Social Security taxes on their earnings in excess of $87,900 (2004 data). So the richer you are, the less %tax you end up paying. Pretty nice to be rich in George Bush's America, eh?

L
Shark
Shark
L
Quote:
Another correction-
For the Social Security tax - I meant to say that the wealthy do not pay Social Security taxes on their earnings in excess of $87,900 (2004 data). So the richer you are, the less %tax you end up paying. Pretty nice to be rich in George Bush's America, eh?

That is terrible, in the UK the more you earn the more tax you pay!

We have a National Health Service, which is free to all UK citizens at point of need, funded out of the workers' wages. It isn't perfect, but it sure beats the system in the US. I have US friends who can't afford proper healthcare, but aren't poor enough to get benefits!

"Look beyond the disability, see the perfection of the soul". RJG
Koala
Koala
Americans have always generically (stupidly) opposed socialized medicine. I'd rather children, seniors and those with health needs have guaranteed access to minimal healthcare. Now, so many don't. They wait until they are desperate, visit a county/public emergency facility, and hundreds of taxpayer dollars are spent on things like colds, sore throats, flu, etc.

D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
Quote:
The deficits are going down almost monthly and the tax revenues are at an all time high because the tax cuts are working.

Trish

The problem, though, is that the government continues to spend
like there is no tomorrow. It's like saying that your bank account is up from $1000 to $1200 so now you can afford to go out and buy that $5000 diamond ring. The math just doesn't add up.

When you say "all-time high" I'm assuming you mean "all-time high while Bush has been in office". Tax cuts have nothing to do with the increased tax revenue. It's mostly coming from corporate tax revenues.

Here's a good article on the subject:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/09/washin...nyt&emc=rss

D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
Quote:
drea99, the surplus has been depleated because we had to fight 2 wars after 9-11 happened,

Trish

We did not HAVE to fight 2 wars after 9-11 happened. We had to fight ONE war - against Osama Bin Laden, which the government abandoned mid-way through in order to illegally invade another country that had nothing to do with 9-11. Net result - Osama bin Laden is still a free man and thousands of Americans and tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis are dead.

D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
This is a hilarious bit that Keith Olbermann did about the whole "Stay the Course" thing:

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/KO-StayTheCourse.wmv

I do love "The Google"!!

T
T
Thanks for the welcome Trish. I just had to become involved in this forum after reading the posts. I am from Texas and we are very proud of our former Governor, now President.

Drea99, I would absolutely love to respond to your comments, but first disclose your location. I am absolutely appalled at the comments made by non-Americans on this post. I do not feel justified to trash the current leaders of other countries. As a result, I will not waste my time responding to comments made by non-Americans about our President and our Government. So, Drea99, I really hope you are a citizen of the good ole' USA because I am anxious to present an opposing view to your comments.

Brooke

Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.