Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#25157 01/12/04 11:37 PM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
eva help!!

i'm almost finished. tried it on tonight to see how much longer i wanted to make it, and one of the front/back points is veering off to the left!!!! i took a closer look at it, and in a couple of places, i accidentaly put 3 dc's instead of the required 5. but is that enough to make the point so badly "off"???? it looks fine up to the last 12 rows or so. any ideas what the heck i did to it to make it veer off like that? the point looks like its making a left-turn.
ARGH!!! all that work =( please help with some advice.
butterfly

Melissa
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Mine did that too, but you can't notice it when you wear it. sorry

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
hmmm...you cant even tell in your picture. do you think it would help if i backed up the increase cluster, one stitch each round or every other round? put the cluster in the second dc, every other round or somthing. surely there's a way to correct it.

Melissa
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
OR!! how about this. what if, instead of doing rounds, going round and round, at the end of each row, after i've slip stitched into the top of the ch-3 of previous row, what if i turned and went back the other direction, going back and forth that way. that way, the cluster would go opposite each time, and may correct the points natural want to go left. what do you think?

Melissa
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Oh Yes, I bet that would work, now wait a minute didn't you say you couldn't design ????? (just kidding you a little) Now if it works, are you going to let me add it as a fix to the pattern and of course I will give you full credit.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
of course! i'm going home (not even going to cook=) and get right on it. i'll let you know how it turns out!! i'm so excited about again!! i was REALLY down in the dumps about it last night. i hope it works. i'll let you know tomorrow.
butterfly

Melissa
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
eva,
going back and forth seems to be the fix. i didnt undo the entire thing, just 12 rows. and then started there, going back and forth. the only thing i have to keep reminding myself, is NOT to increase (at the starting shoulder) going AND coming. when i get to the other side, i slip stitch into the chain-3, then turn and go back. when i get back to the starting point (shoulder), i do the increase, then chain-3, turn, and do the increase for that row, and go around to the other side. does that make sense? it looks MUCH better. i guess for it to be perfect, i'd have to rip the whole thing and start over. but the next one i do (for my SSL) i'll do it this new way.

Melissa
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
i also wanted to thank you for the fingerless gloves pattern. i have made MANY pairs, and they are always a welcome gift. very easy pattern.
m

Melissa
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Glad you liked them, I wear mine. Seems like my hands always get cold so they come in handy.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
ok...i started it all over. this time with the "fix" going back and forth. it looks so very nice. one thing to remember, when you get back around to the begining shoulder increase, it must be treated like the standard ripple. you have to drop that one stitch just before turning, or your sholder will slowly move away from you. thats the reason i started the whole thing over. i'm about half way (again), and it looks very nice. i'll send you a pic, eva, when its completed. i just love this poncho, and i'm going to be such a snit wearing it...lolol!!! thanks for another lovely pattern!
butterfly

Melissa

Moderated by  Holly - Crochet Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.