logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Shark
Shark
We have a church a couple of streets over that is The Church Of Latter Day Saints is that a different Church From the LDS?

Second the Navajo and Hopi Do not have a story of the Great White God that is handed down, that is not to say other tribes dont. In the Navajo and Hopi language there is not a word for GOD, GODDESS, or Deity of anykind but the refere to our God as the Bellagonna God, tranclating in to the white mans God but Bellagonna means moveing right arm and is meant to be offencive by calling us untrustworthy.
most of the kids and there families would believe in God Father Son and Holy Spirit but they would not believe in church and how we failed to follow the word of God. they see the church as haveing a one a day God that must be the computer and money!!! (i was out there in 1999 and the Y2K think was over blown.) long story!!!

third, Thanks for explaning about the undergarment!!! the kids tried to explan but there was a lot missing in the translation from there language to mine!!! Most of the little kids came from deep reservation land and they have to learn english as they go and the are not allowed to talk in there native tougued so they learn english fast as far as understanding what we say but they have a hard time trandlating what they want to say... I was hoping you would not be offened by the question and would have an idea about what they ment.

forth, I had heard about polygamy but i did not reconize the word. i have dyslexia and sometimes the words dont look like what i think they should so i looked it up and thought oh duh!!
SO, this is fun!!! what does the Book of Mormon teach? that would be the different then the Bible. (I dont nessaeary mean goes against the bible but no included in the bible...differant.)

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
G
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and LDS is the same. LDS is just an abreviation we sometimes use instead of "Mormon".
I think that it is more in South America that they talk about the vist of a white God that visited this continant.
I will have to look up the name they called him by. It starts with a Q.
The Book of Mormon is about a group of people that traveled from Jerusalem 500 years before Christ was born. They were commanded to leave Jerusalem before it was destroyed and guided to the ocean. There they built a ship under the direction of the Lord and landed on the American continant.
They grew into a large group of people which inhabitat north and south America. The Meso American people and possibly the American Indian. When Christ was Cricified He visited these people in this land as He did in the land of Jerusalem after His ressurection. Do you remember in the Bible where it says, "other sheep I have which are not of this fold," and then something to the affect that them too shall I visit?
The Book of Mormon tells of Him coming here at that time. The people here saw Him. Therefore The Book of Mormon is another witness of Jesus Christ that goes along with the Bible. It tells how the people fought over land, money, religion, etc much the same as we do today. It is a record kept by people many, many years ago to help us today.
It has helped answer many question I have had in raising my family as well as in my private struggles.
Hope you find this helpful and interesting. Thanks for asking.

Last edited by ginlovin7; 07/01/06 02:20 AM.

G.Lovinna
Shark
Shark
Cool!!! so would you say that you study the bible or the Book of Mormon more or is it about the same? or is the book of Mormon concerted part of the Bible like the Catolics books are? its late i hope that made sence good night!!!

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
G
G
About the same, but I have a hard time reading the Old Testiment. I don't find it as interesting. I'm working on it. In Church we rotate a different one each year. Old Testiment, New Testiment, Book of Mormon, etc.

The name of the white God I was talking about is Quetzalcoatl.
Have you ever heard of that? You can look it up on the internet.
Late indeed. Goodnight.

G.Lovinna
Shark
Shark
yea and im still here!!! i have never heard of it but you could say it a differnt way then what i am reading it too so i will look it up and see... i have a hard time with the old testement too!!! I think partly because i feel like its...i dont know but its like the wrath and jugdement of God and that does not mess well with a kind and loveing God and partly because so much has been taken out of context to hurt and munipualate people who are different. for example many women where killed at the Salam Witch trails because of the verse that says thou shall not suffer a witch to live, we have people pickiting the funnarals of serve men and women because the story of Sodom and Gomora. not to menchen all the wife beaters and child abusers that use it to justiefy there actions!!! I dont think that is what God intended it for but i have a hard time intupating it in another way because that was how i was taught to believe in church... so here i am stuggling to find my way.?!

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I thought a Quetzalcoatl was a type of "dragon" - with a bird's head and feather's in a rainbow pattern - supposedd to be very beautiful.

It is a Mayan god I believe...

Here's the wikipedia link:

wikipedia: Quetzalcoatl

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Gecko
Gecko
I have read the Book of Mormon and compared it to the Biblical teachings of Jesus in the New Testament and have found many contradictions. So my OPINION is that it is not necessarily another testament of Jesus Christ, but a book written according to one mans desire to live the way he thought was the right way to live. It seems to me that it reflects back alot to the way the Israelites lived before and right after the Ten Commandments. I just have a hard time thinking that Jesus gave directions at one time and then changed his mind and gave conflicting directions to "move ahead with the times". It goes against the idea that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. If Jesus can change his mind about marriage for instance being between one woman and one man, then what else can he change his mind on... my salvation? Is it not of grace? If we have to follow directions to get to heaven,it becomes legalistic and that's not the way Jesus taught. He taught that all of us are important to God and all of us are loved, not just those who follow all the right rules.

I'm not bashing on anyones beliefs, just adding some of my own view points. So if your feelings are hurt, I'm sorry, thats not my intention.

I do feel that there is a remnant within every church that follows Christ with their hearts and feels his presence in their lives. So, realize that on a mature level, not all theological teaching is for the drawing near to the Spirit of God, but for the profit of man. I firmly believe that the path to true Christianity is the following of Jesus Christ. He came over 2000 years ago to show us how to love and how to live. He showed us the Father. All we have to do is get out of our own heads and follow him.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
Gecko
Gecko
Sometimes the feeling of being judged comes from our own perspective. If we don't give others the right to hurt us with their judgements then they don't hurt us. If we let God's Word stand on it's own then it will stand in our hearts. It's a matter of perspective...

Jenna Robinson
Gecko
Gecko
A while back while studying the book of Revelation I did a comparison of Native American descriptions of their spirit animals such as the one you described and found alot of descriptions to be similar to the descriptions in Revelation. Check it out!

Jenna Robinson
G
G
Thank you for you interesting views. I do respect all opinions because mine are very fixed and strong through study and prayer. I read and learn constantly, but my faith lies in experience and answers to prayers which I dare not deny. I do not have my feelings hurt. I very happy that you took the time to read the Book of Mormon.
I hope you took the time to pray and ask your Heavenly Father with a sincere heart if it was true...and then listened with your heart and mind to His answer.

It is a very windy rainy day here today, but very close to the 4th of July. What a great country we live in. What a beautiful world we have been given. I am very thankful we are all brothers and sisters and will one day know the truth of all things and won't have to type on these little keys with so many questions. Gosh, I don't even know what all of you look like. I have bright red hair. I colored it myself. Later, gator.

G.Lovinna
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.