logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#239211 03/28/06 09:10 AM
OP Offline
I just wonder what the word softball denotes. What kind of sport is this? Perhaps, I'd like to play softball, however, I don't know HOW?

Last edited by Soul_Flame; 03/28/06 09:10 AM.

Writing essays is a matter of proper planning!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#239212 03/28/06 08:57 PM
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Softball is a game that is played with almost the same rules as baseball. The ball is indeed not "soft" as the name suggests. It is played with a hard, round ball (similar to a baseball) that is 9-12 inches in diameter (size depends on age of players). The ball is pitched underhanded to the batter as opposed to the overhand pitch of baseball. The batter tries to hit the ball with a bat. The ball is usually pitched about as fast as a slow pitched baseball (when pitched by someone with comparable experience). The game is played by adults in recreational leagues. It is also played by girls in recreational leagues as well as schools, colleges and was in the Olympics until recently. I don't really know if young boys play softball, prefering baseball instead. It is governed by the Little League or ASA (American Softbal Association), depending on where you live. The rules are also modified as a girl moves up in age divisions. It can be very serious business since girls can get softball scholarships to college. College rules are governed by the ASA. We recently moved our 11 year old daughter from a Little League Softball program to an ASA one in another town since the rules are a little different. If she continues to play into high school and college she needs to be familar with the ASA rules. I hope this give you some info without totally confusing you.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

socalnascargal

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.