Rosie L
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
When I was about 21, I ate breakfast at a diner. Everybody else would get eggs and toast. For me, it was grilled ham and cheese! Lots of butter slathered on white sandwich bread with American cheese and thinly sliced Virginia ham. The ham is what made the sandwich. It was dry and flavorful, and the cook just sliced it off of the hanging ham!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

onmyway #686962 05/16/11 07:25 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Oh I haven't met anyone who likes to lay doritos on a sandwich, lol. I love it! I pile them on and then smush it all down. usually it's ham, cheese, mustard and the chips.

One of my other favorites is the Rueben. Yum...yum...yum! I layer pickles inbetween the corned beef and saurkraut and I add some yellow mustard. It has to be butter the marble bread is toasted in or it's not quite the same. I'll take my chances w/the extra calories.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Definitely unique sandwiches! The Reuben sounds good with pickles.I'll have to try that. Do you use the thousand island dressing, as well as the mustard?

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Absolutely, Thousand Island all the way!

Sometimes I'll put it on the side to dip the sandwhich in. It depends. I like a solid sandwhich, so not everything slides off the edge.

The pickles I use are the flat kind so either the chips (dill) or the long ones (dill) and I rinse/drain the saurkraut so it isn't all over powering.

If it's done right you kind of take a bite and fall back in your booth or seat, lol and roll the eyes. Like I said, not to worried about the calories. It would be lacking something if I did wink

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I know what you mean about calories. I eat 1-2 good Reubens a year, so I want them to taste the way that I want them to taste. NO dull substitutes, please! If I don't make them the way that I want them, there's this nagging unsatisfied feeling that lasts for a while. Then, I have to get a good Reuben. Might as well do the calories the first time!

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I look at the mouth-watering sandwiches and they look wonderful. But my favorite sandwiches are BLT on white toast and garden tomatoes and thinly sliced cucumbers on whole wheat with mayo.

Every once in a while a trip back to my childhood and have boloney and cheese from the deli section with a little mayo, crushed potato chips if I am really nostalgic smile or my just before teen days, liverwurst with mustard on rye, sometimes a little sauerkraut. Most times my sandwiches are dull and thin, still I love them.

Vannie #687194 05/17/11 10:10 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Oh, Vannie! I too am from NJ and I just love to hear about deli boloney and liverwurst. Here in MO liverwurst is called braunschwieger and I'll never get used to that. There is a great deli in Highland Lakes (in Sussex County) that makes a killer liverwurst and mustard sandwich on a hard roll. Every time I go back to visit I have to have it for lunch at least once. Real, authentic hard rolls is another thing we can't get here. They call them kaiser rolls and they LOOK the same, but they're mushy and soft with no crust. Yuck!

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
LOL. I guess you can take the girl out of New Jersey, blah, blah!

Helen, when I worked 9 to 5, I went from going to good restaurants on my lunch hour to eating from several food trucks around my campus. My favorite breakfast sandwich quickly became Taylor ham (Taylor Pork Roll) scrambled egg and a slice of cheese on a 'real' hard roll wink I know what you mean about Kaiser rolls, although I do like them they are not the same as a hard roll. Speaking of hard rolls. There is nothing better than a buttered hard roll and cup of coffee, etc. I discovered that these innocuous food trucks can be dangerous to your health and your weight--who knew? frown

Last edited by Vannie; 05/17/11 11:11 AM.
Vannie #687215 05/17/11 11:22 AM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My favorites:
grilled cheese and tomato
grilled cheese with jelly on top after it's been grilled - salty sweet yum!
love, love, love ruebens
I like sub sandwiches to (not the kind from subway, but the real kind like The submarine shop in New Jersey makes - yup I'm a jersey girl too)
I also love hotdogs, with sliced fried potatoes, green peppers and onions in a pita pocket. Those are the best!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.