logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#217829 01/07/07 01:03 PM
D
D
do you now the dead sea product from israel?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
I think the average woman does believe that an actress just looks that good with plain old makeup. I do not think the normal woman even thinks about lighting either. Tske Oprah for instance. The makeup that turns her from her normal self into the person you see on TV is only half the story, she has amazing lighting, probably the best money can buy.
My daughter is an actress and quite the pro at putting on even normal makeup. She aamazes me how she can transform herself.
We have all seen those no-makeup photos of actresses, pretty scarey !
It should be a clue. As for powder after 40..I used tinted moisturizer because I have pretty decent skin and don't need a lot of coverage but have been thinking of ditching the powdered blush. If anyone has a good suggestion for a tinted blush I would love toknow. Am going to LA next week so hopefully I can find something out there.

Is dry skin a struggle for you?
Find effective dry skin treatment and solution that works atBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
K
K

Not really a cosmetic tip I suppose.... I think you need a good canvas to start with, so to speak. Aging skin benefits tremendously from a good firming and moisturizing product prior to the application of any cosmetics! Regular exfoliation is also very important to encourage cell turnover and new collagen formation.

Okay so I have to chime in here. First I AM a mid 40's female, and more importantly, like CC I am a professional makeup artist. We need to make the distinction between pro freelance artists and the counter artists who are salespeople, not trained well in the art or science of makeup--sorry everyone but there is a difference between what CC and I are trained to do when working with models, TV personalities, business people for headshots, advertising, music videos, film and the such, AND what counter sales people have the chance to do with makeup. We've seen it all and understand what stays and lasts on the skin. But more importantly, we know that you MUST powder the face for foundation to set and not look like a greasy oil slick. AND because we aren't using many of the foundations found at mass market counters, we've got ones that do look great on mature skin. I can highly recommend one of the MAC pro ones--FACE AND BODY--NO I don't work for MAC and never did but it's the one I use on all mature clients and they love it. I've talked many women into using it who've never worn and like wearing foundation and they use the blot powder to set and are thrilled.

You DO have to use powder to have longevity out of your foundation; that's more of a fact than opinion. What IS opinion is whether you look older when powdered and most people do if they choose the wrong powder. Lines like RCMA are lines no one has heard about but you can use that powder and have a camera close up of a face and not know it was just powdered. It's what you use and unfortunately, to stay young looking with makeup, you need to stay away from many mass market counters. You can still buy the products the pros use, but you need to consult with us on what they are and where to get them. I just had to jump in on the discussion because I'm 45 and wear lots of foundation and powder and look younger because I get to cover up the ills of my years in the sun, my broken blood vessels and acne scars. And like CC said, more mature women have oils as a skin issue than dryness. So I'm with you on this one CC..foundation does need setting with powder. Colette www.facemaker.ca

Makeup for photos, magazines, runway, advertising, video, TV, personal services. Has worked with celebrities. Is writing book to help new artists launch careers [url=www.facemaker.ca]www.facemaker.ca[/url]
R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
Edited by management for TOS violations

Last edited by Jeanne Daigle; 01/03/09 12:34 PM.
Amoeba
Amoeba
I have a problem with cosmetics....I am 48, my skin is oily, blotchy and I have acne. I also have very large pores,dark spots and acne scars. I use Neutragena products because they have acne medication in them. My problem is this....I put on foundation, powder, light blush, and all the other stuff....it doesn't look good immediately....after about an hour, my makeup looks really good. After 4 hours (approximately) the oil in my skin has mixed with the makeup and clogs in the acne scars and pores making me look like I have polka dots on my face. Are there ANY cosmetics out there for extremely oily acne prone skin? I have tried numerous different brands and they all end up doing the greasy polka dot thing. I need some help. I do not use moisterizer (my skin is oily enough and all moisturizer does is make it more oily), I wash my face with phisoderm and use a salicylic acid acne cream (I am allergic to peroxide and can't use any acne preventions such as Proactiv, etc.), before I put on my makeup. Help!!!

Elephant
Elephant
do you tone your skin after you cleanse it?

I woud suggest getting on a skin regiment for oily and ance skin. I can recommend Arbonne Clear Advantage. I have abour 30 clients on this product line and most of their porblems have cleared up. The kit lasts roughly 2-3 months and costs about 66 dollars. It is a COMPLETE kit which includes a cleanser, toner, acne lotion (to treat the acne), an eye cream, and a nutritional supplement designed to help treat the acne from the inside out.

After that, I would suggest considering airbrush or mineral makeups as they sit on the surface of the skin. Also consider a sealer for the skin. it seal out the oil so your makeup can last without it become washed out.

for information on the Arbonne Clear Advantage system go to www.arbonne.com

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Amoeba
Amoeba
Thank you Jace. I'll give it a shot....heaven knows I've tried everything else.

Gecko
Gecko
Arbonne is a great product! I agree with Jase - The Clear Advantage or the Intelligence for face line.

Sharon Michaels
�Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.�

Abundance and Wealth Editor and
Self Development Editor

The Abundance and Wealth Site
The Most Recent Abundance and Wealth Featured Article

Sharon's Power To Succeed Blog

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
The best thing I did when I turned 40 was to invest in a good brush kit. Replacing those sad "sponge" applicators that come with the majority of your shadows and blushes really paid off.

I recommend Sephora. www.sephora.com

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.