Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I was just thinking, I've got a second sort of magic pouch here in all my sacred stuff. It's for my tarot deck. I had a textile class in grad school on off-loom work. One of the techniques we did was embroidery. I took some raw silk that I had dyed and embroidered on it and then sewed it into a small bag. After that class was over, I felt so strongly about it, I put my tarot cards into it so that it had a purpose and I could keep it.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
sounds lovely Rae

I have made a couple or tarot bags and a soft purple flannel bag for my BOS, but its been a LONG time since I embroidered anything!

I think there is so much power in having something sewn yourself. the more work your hads do on something the more the energy builds.

I enjoy working with jewelry-beads of semi-precious gemstones, and I do so love the experience of combining various stones to fit my mood and needs for each day. However, lest I begin to look like an extra for an old B-movie about the stereotypical Gypsy (so heavy-laden with jewelry that it's a wonder she can walk!), using a pouch makes it possible and easy to keep just the right stones with me at all times. Each day my pouch can reflect not only my precious memory/power objects, it can also hold a personalized message of gemstones.

"... Love is the bond."
T
T
Is there any scientific evidence that this stuff works? If not ( I know there isn't ) then what is the point of doing any of this?

Gecko
Gecko
Even if it works on nothing more than a psychological level (it makes me happy), that's enough for me. If it works on a more intense level, great. If not, no loss!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Is there any scientific evidence that this stuff works? If not ( I know there isn't ) then what is the point of doing any of this?

Is there any scientific evidence that praying over a rosary will make god answer your prayer? Or that confessing to a priest cleanses you of sin? (Or, many other beliefs based in Christianity.) If not (I know there isn't) then what is the point of doing any of it??

The point is that it brings people closer to their deity, whoever that is. That's good enough for me! And, actually, there are some interesting things going on in the world of science that may link many things metaphysical to the world of science... Read a bit about quantum physics, and it will boggle your mind more than just about anything!!

Gecko
Gecko
I made several for my Dad who was a rockhound. Although he was an Atheist, he would carry certain gems and minerals with him ALWAYS. When he passed away that was one of the things my little brother wanted, he know carries it around. And my son has one that he carries around.

~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I've got a half dram vial full of garnet chips that I found while on a trip to Nevada in May 2006. They were rockhounded near Ely. My mom knows how to do wire-wrapping for jewelry, so I'm going to have her help me make the vial into something I can wear.

Gecko
Gecko
Oh Rae,
You are going to have alot of fun with that. Be very careful because it can get addicting very quickly (the wire wrapping). Also please excuse my spelling, I go back and read some of my post and I swear it seems I am a typing drunken sailor, hahahahahahha.

~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Quote:
I swear it seems I am a typing drunken sailor, hahahahahahha.

Whenever I have that problem myself, it's always a sign that my fingernails need to be filed down... LOL...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.